Maryville (4-0) @ Science Hill (3-0)

Tornado89

This iz sum vurry ennurustin histree hear bye Barn and cr.....Lookin' fer a big Rebull Nashun tern out att Cyunts Hill......Spank iz comin' ovur frum Boone and brangin' moore famlee mimburrs...... :thumb:

Az fer az tha winnin'....Hitt nevur gits old two me..... :popcorneater:

"If wanting to win is a fault, as some of my critics seem to insist, then I plead guilty....I like to win....I know no other way.....It's in my blood"   --- Paul W. Bryant

Barn, what order are the names? Kenneth Hodson was my uncle. Huge murvil fan. Couldn't tell where he was in pic.

I'm going to take that to Mr. Veal and let him get me the correct names soon as I can. I have most of the Maryville team pictures from 1939 and forward. I do a lot of neat stuff on computer and I took a yearbook and matched all the kids pictures in the classes and got everyone with the right name. If I couldn't find anyone that knew I could do that because Maryville didn't have 150 boy's from the 9th to the 12th grade. I have that yearbook. maybe the person that posted earlier will let us know because they went to the game in 1941.

The Exodus of State School fans at the end of Thursdays game will never be forgotten by the living Soots fan.

Let's reminisce.

On highlanders down the field

rolling up a high score

tear into the end zone smashing through that line

GO SCOTS GO!

Send a rousing cheer on high

and our boys will shine

We're gonna fight fight fight

We're gonna fight fight fight

For good ole Maryville!

Great game. Shular is a horse. Big game with Emory & Henry this week. Will know more about this team and coaches then. 

Carolinarebel

Maryville HAS  played in JC. It was in 1941 so I undrstand that you didn't know. It was bitter cold and there must  have been al least 75 fans. Two of the rebel players were Eugene Veal at end at about 135 lbs , and our captain Ken Hodson. Rebs won 6-0 . We stayed over to watch the Scots beat East Tenn State 14-0 next day..I was at Maryville 1938 to 1942 .  so if anyone needs ancient history I'm your man.

Stay in touch. 

Actually I like the Rebels and think they're a classy program.

I just don't like seeing (ANY) H.S. team win every game. If it was a couple years or three I could see it but every year just a little boring that you know who's gonna win.

you need to go watch Heritage or Willy B. You do know that its not actually the same team every season , right?