Maryville (4-0) @ Science Hill (3-0)

Tornado89

I'm going to take that to Mr. Veal and let him get me the correct names soon as I can. I have most of the Maryville team pictures from 1939 and forward. I do a lot of neat stuff on computer and I took a yearbook and matched all the kids pictures in the classes and got everyone with the right name. If I couldn't find anyone that knew I could do that because Maryville didn't have 150 boy's from the 9th to the 12th grade. I have that yearbook. maybe the person that posted earlier will let us know because they went to the game in 1941.

I would love to see that. Love reading the names that are familiar to Maryville and Blount County. 

Carolinarebel

Barney-You might log on to the Johnson City Press this week . It had a full week of the Science Hill -Maryville game last year-columnists ,feature stories -all of them full of praise for the Rebels.

After the game ,the columnists were full of awe and praise for the Rebels -no excuses..

It "s a crime that the Times almost seems to ignore the Rebel games.. The JC Press will have something  every day. Check it our, Barney.

Carolinarebel

Barney-You might log on to the Johnson City Press this week . It had a full week of the Science Hill -Maryville game last year-columnists ,feature stories -all of them full of praise for the Rebels.

After the game ,the columnists were full of awe and praise for the Rebels -no excuses..

It "s a crime that the Times almost seems to ignore the Rebel games.. The JC Press will have something  every day. Check it our, Barney.

Thanks , are you in Johnson City or Maryville and did you play football then also or a student.

REBELS BY 40 - Being from Kingsport I hope its 100 but I will take a shutout and zero yards rushing for the boys from lightloaferville

Classy. But, expect no less.

I guess being "light in the loafers" makes them really fast. Loved watching DB try, but fail, to keep up with them the past couple of years.

The 1939 Maryville Team. Mr. Veal is on the back row right in the middle of the brick column on the left side of the picture and still with us today.15x1nv8.jpg

Red Veal and my dad were the bestest of friends.  They sat together and traveled together for 50 years of Rebel Football.  Red rode with me to State the last time he went!  He's a great man and HUGE Rebel supporter!