Maryville (4-0) @ Science Hill (3-0)

Tornado89

Well a 45-0 throttling is still fresh in my mind not even 10 months ago. Our QB is banged up and our O line hasn't found a way to block so the run and pass game has been searching for a rhythm

Defense is our strength so the front seven need to lead the way and create some turnovers. Hopefully we can find the Brentwood second time around magic and make it a game. One thing for sure there is no quit in the kids from SH so they will bring the fight for 48 minutes.

Go Toppers!

I'd like to see SH play well in this game.I just think the Rebs will probably do enough and  call off the dogs after a four touchdown lead.Something the rest of the conference can also look forward to seeing .

I feel the four TD thing may be an understatement.

I also get sick of seeing the same team win every game. Gets kinda boring to me.

Carolinarebel

Maryville HAS  played in JC. It was in 1941 so I undrstand that you didn't know. It was bitter cold and there must  have been al least 75 fans. Two of the rebel players were Eugene Veal at end at about 135 lbs , and our captain Ken Hodson. Rebs won 6-0 . We stayed over to watch the Scots beat East Tenn State 14-0 next day..I was at Maryville 1938 to 1942 .  so if anyone needs ancient history I'm your man.

Carolinarebel

Maryville HAS  played in JC. It was in 1941 so I undrstand that you didn't know. It was bitter cold and there must  have been al least 75 fans. Two of the rebel players were Eugene Veal at end at about 135 lbs , and our captain Ken Hodson. Rebs won 6-0 . We stayed over to watch the Scots beat East Tenn State 14-0 next day..I was at Maryville 1938 to 1942 .  so if anyone needs ancient history I'm your man.

I know Mr Veal personally and he gave me his 1941 Maryville Basketball Uniform a few years ago and if Maryville would display it I would give it to them but not if they throw it in a box and put it in a closet. Mr. Veal has told me a lot about the history of Maryville High that I didn't know. We sat on his front porch and watched as they tore the old Everett Elementary School Building down and he told me that was where he played against Everett in high school. Were you on the team because I saw him at Hardee's three weeks ago and we were talking about any members still being alive from those teams.2iitzk2.jpg