Blaickmun att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Stalkers accusing others of Stalking .. Funny ... it's about this time every year we start getting all these guys on our threads telling us how we should act , say , think or do . We're actually doing pretty well without all the unsolicited advice . MJB  now thinks it's his responsibility to monitor our threads ... LOL . 

I could care less about playing a team from out of State , I'd rather play one of our Highly ranked Private schools . G91 , you do understand that Maryville is a Public School don't you ? A Public school can not just do whatever it wants with it's Football team ... we had quite a few Maryville residents raise all Cain when we got Turf , even when it was plain to see it would pay for itself in a few years and the Band , soccer teams and so forth could use it .... I can only imagine the explosion if Coach Quarles announced we're gonna start Jetting around the Country ... you Maryville haters can bash that all you want to , Maryville has all kinds of National exposure already . 

Stalkers accusing others of Stalking .. Funny ... it's about this time every year we start getting all these guys on our threads telling us how we should act , say , think or do . We're actually doing pretty well without all the unsolicited advice . MJB now thinks it's his responsibility to monitor our threads ... LOL .

I could care less about playing a team from out of State , I'd rather play one of our Highly ranked Private schools . G91 , you do understand that Maryville is a Public School don't you ? A Public school can not just do whatever it wants with it's Football team ... we had quite a few Maryville residents raise all Cain when we got Turf , even when it was plain to see it would pay for itself in a few years and the Band , soccer teams and so forth could use it .... I can only imagine the explosion if Coach Quarles announced we're gonna start Jetting around the Country ... you Maryville haters can bash that all you want to , Maryville has all kinds of National exposure already .

Maryville haters?

Maryville haters?

I wasn't saying you G91 unless the shoe fits ... guys who show up to tell Maryville they won't get respect till .... or they should do this or that ... what a load of crap , These Maryville kids shouldn't have an asterisk beside their accomplishments . Anybody on here trying to imply Maryville has to do more than what they're already doing is Crazy . Your thing about recruit recognition ... this isn't the 1950's there G91 , any player showing promise is already known by the recruiters . Recruiters have all kinds of sources ... they don't just get players who are on high school teams that travel cross country ... hilarious .  

I wasn't saying you G91 unless the shoe fits ... guys who show up to tell Maryville they won't get respect till .... or they should do this or that ... what a load of crap , These Maryville kids shouldn't have an asterisk beside their accomplishments . Anybody on here trying to imply Maryville has to do more than what they're already doing is Crazy . Your thing about recruit recognition ... this isn't the 1950's there G91 , any player showing promise is already known by the recruiters . Recruiters have all kinds of sources ... they don't just get players who are on high school teams that travel cross country ... hilarious .

This conversation started because people felt like the Blackman player was talking trash about Maryville. I made the point that he was not talking trash about Maryville. He was just being honest when he said Maryville isn't getting as much national recognition because they don't play out of state games. Look at all the teams that are ranked high nationally and they are playing the top programs from other states, its just a fact. That's not trying to take anything away from Maryville. And let's be real... Maryville has a lot of good players that are under recruited. Do you honestly believe recruiters wouldn't be looking at more Maryville players more closely if they had a good performance on a national stage? If Maryville hosted a top team like Hoover just imagine the gate money that could be made. Everyone in Blount County would come to watch a game like that. It would bring in money, get Maryville more national recognition, and might help more players get recruited. I'm honestly baffled why Maryville gets so fussy when this gets brought up. I think most people, myself included, want to see Maryville beat one of those teams. Don't get so defensive... Geeze ... Edited by Governors91

Yes,

But his point still stands. Maryville isn't going to get national recognition until they go out of state like all the other top programs. It may not win gold balls but it would get Maryville more recognition and might help more kids get scholarships.

91, what do you know about top programs? Don't even pretend that you know what Maryville needs to do until you have been associated with a team that can win a county championship.