Blaickmun att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Elevate to what a National title. Do you realize how many high school teams that there are in the country. High school football is a state thing for the most part the $ is different in every area or community. These are 15 - 18 yr old young men you cant go galavanting around the country its just not feasible or necessary. And certainly not necessary to satisfy want a be's or never was's that are eating sour grapes and so eat up with envy of all kinds that they have to prove something by talking about this stuff because they have no life or no woman. Some of you people amaze me , you say we are sensitive etc. Call it what you will but I will defend my kids. For over a decade + all i have heard was gow MARYVILLE was hiding down in 4A, come on up and play with the big boys they said, you see howit really is. Ok , they create a 6A class which was meant to be a giant killer. It was meant to keep Maryville and Alcoa (moved to 3A) from winning all the time. It has failed miserably, they have even gone as far as to change the home field every other year so the SEC of hsf could get a homer and that hasnt mattered either. If all you haters put as much time and energy into your programs and your kids as you do ours you might actually compete. Im not gonna be an appologist for MARYVILLE. So just keep on hating because it fuels the machine. I dont believe that MARYVILLE has anything to prove to anyone. Athletes can win you a ballgame but discipline and great coaching WILL win you CHAMPIONSHIPS. HATE ON !

PS. I will have to add that i give credit to many of those programs that used to taunt MARYVILLE with the big boy stuff, they have all quieted down due to the reality of it and have had some class and shut up about it. We no longer play most of them.

Edited by GREYRIDERx

Has absolutely nothing to do with a recruiters mindset if they play Hoover. You know not of what you speak.

C'mom man. Maryville always has good players that are under recruited. You honestly don't think it would help if recruiters saw those guys performing well against top competition? You don't think recruiters go to those big games?

C'mom man. Maryville always has good players that are under recruited. You honestly don't think it would help if recruiters saw those guys performing well against top competition? You don't think recruiters go to those big games?

Believe me , he knows a whole lot more about this than you do . 

w8vser.jpgI hate to tell all the haters this but if Maryville started going out of state playing other teams that will increase the chances of bringing in more big time players wanting to move here from other areas of the country. When you create national attention on TV you can bet in today's world people would pack up and move to have their All American kid on a team that wins out every year. Then after that monster is created what would the haters want next. They hate it because five or six kids crossed the county line. What would their poor world be like if kids started crossing the state line to get here. Something for all you haters to chew on this morning.

Edited by BarneySox2007

w8vser.jpgI hate to tell all the haters this but if Maryville started going out of state playing other teams that will increase the chances of bringing in more big time players wanting to move here from other areas of the country. When you create national attention on TV you can bet in today's world people would pack up and move to have their All American kid on a team that wins out every year. Then after that monster is created what would the haters want next. They hate it because five or six kids crossed the county line. What would their poor world be like if kids started crossing the state line to get here. Something for all you haters to chew on this morning.

Now I have to change my Facebook profile

I vote for oak ridge, then fairgut. Out of state would be ok every 2nd or 3rd yr if we don't travel-only the other team.

Ideally I'd go alcoa, then or or fulton, then one of the nashville powers.

I just wouldn't mind one of the d2 privates because it'd be a good game, likely get some good press (outside blount county mind you), and not too far. Honestly, hoover wouldn't be a bad trip either.

I have no desire to go to texas, florida, etc.

When these games are played schools are in a no contact period, so no they aren't at the games.

Exactly what would happen.  If money and sponsorships (espn, nike, under armour,ect  get involved. They will form some regional division with all the super teams players transferring to those schools.  Plenty of money for TV and schools. Which ruins local hometown school football and rivalries.

At least our AD's have the sense to stay out of the money trap (JUST PRIDE AND MONEY)  We know who we are and don't have too prove it to any National interests. Who cares if we could beat Hoover, it proves nothing on our road to a State title (whatever class.).

If people are tired of our dominance. then get better, work harder than Maryville and beat us on the field.  With the new format (Super 32) most teams have the means and talent to complete with us.  Stop whining and start working right now to do it.   Quit asking us to play some other team you thing is better.  The remaining teams in the 6A play-offs should have no trouble competing with Maryville (just do-it and stop whining about!)

Maryville could loose to any of the remaining teams. Seems like the TSSAA got it right. in the end the best teams are left standing.  To the winner goes the Gold ball!  Everybody has got an even chance to win.  If Maryville loses they will lose with dignity recognizing, on that night, the team that won played them better!

Edited by oldhick76
  • Upvote 1

Exactly what would happen. If money and sponsorships (espn, nike, under armour,ect get involved. They will form some regional division with all the super teams players transferring to those schools. Plenty of money for TV and schools. Which ruins local hometown school football and rivalries.

At least our AD's have the sense to stay out of the money trap (JUST PRIDE AND MONEY) We know who we are and don't have too prove it to any National interests. Who cares if we could beat Hoover, it proves nothing on our road to a State title (whatever class.).

If people are tired of our dominance. then get better, work harder than Maryville and beat us on the field. With the new format (Super 32) most teams have the means and talent to complete with us. Stop whining and start working right now to do it. Quit asking us to play some other team you thing is better. The remaining teams in the 6A play-offs should have no trouble competing with Maryville (just do-it and stop whining about!)

Maryville could loose to any of the remaining teams. Seems like the TSSAA got it right. in the end the best teams are left standing. To the winner goes the Gold ball! Everybody has got an even chance to win. If Maryville loses they will lose with dignity recognizing, on that night, the team that won played them better!

Very well said !ðŸ‘

When these games are played schools are in a no contact period, so no they aren't at the games.

Hmmm....sound like someone who really understands what he is talking about, not somebody who's team was 0-7 in their district and want to tell GQ what he should do just because he slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.