Alcoa vs 6A. 2nd best team in the state?

32hammer

I know this is the IFL ... but seriously ... you guys place Alcoa over Christian Brothers. Really? And then you don't even have Ravenwood, Hendersonville, Oak Ridge, Centennial, or Farrugut on your list ... let alone, above Alcoa.

I know these are your opinions, but I can't take either of them seriously.

I can understand about ravenwood, but oak ridge, Hendersonville and Farragut all lost. How can 3 teams not even playing anymore this season be in the top 10 in the state? and Christian brothers is for real this year they might pull off an upset friday

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything can happen and can

But what makes you think Boro wins ?

I know they have been clicking and hope Indy strikes fast to turn then Into the Boro team that has shown up at times

Hillsboro has the athletes to match up with Indy on the outside. Has Indy played any team get that can press them the entire game? You have some of the finest Metro athletes with a Williamson Co. Coaching staff.

I can understand about ravenwood, but oak ridge, Hendersonville and Farragut all lost. How can 3 teams not even playing anymore this season be in the top 10 in the state? and Christian brothers is for real this year they might pull off an upset friday

I don't care about the losses in playoffs against teams in their classification. There are 2 loss and 3 loss teams that I think wold beat Alcoa ... Hillsboro and White Station both come to mind. Neither of those were on my original list because I was using teams strictly from the last regular season AP poll for Large DII schools, 6A, and 5A.

Again, you think way more highly of Alcoa then I do. Don't get me wrong either, I think they are a high quality program ... they just aren't in my Top 10. Top 20 ... sure, but not Top 10.

Quite frankly, I think being considered to be in the Top 20 for a 3A program is quite an accomplishment, considering all of the other schools in higher classifications It's not an injustice or a discount to the program one slightest bit. In fact, I'd say it's a compliment.

Edited by kwc

I don't care about the losses in playoffs against teams in their classification. There are 2 loss and 3 loss teams that I think wold beat Alcoa ... Hillsboro and White Station both come to mind. Neither of those were on my original list because I was using teams strictly from the last regular season AP poll for Large DII schools, 6A, and 5A.

Again, you think way more highly of Alcoa then I do. Don't get me wrong either, I think they are a high quality program ... they just aren't in my Top 10. Top 20 ... sure, but not Top 10.

Quite frankly, I think being considered to be in the Top 20 for a 3A program is quite an accomplishment, considering all of the other schools in higher classifications It's not an injustice or a discount to the program one slightest bit. In fact, I'd say it's a compliment.

This thread is all about thinking the teams you see are better than the teams you don't see . IFL at it's best . I don't play the IFL , so I will not Claim any Victories for anybody, and I will just stick to the Facts  ... BUT ... Alcoa this year has by far the best Defense we've seen .... so far . Now I think .... notice I said think , because I haven't actually seen these teams in person , I think the remaining teams left in 6A may be as good or even better than Alcoa's Defense . 

In 2009 , first year of 6A , I thought Maryville's team had no shot of going very far that year , everybody familiar with Maryville thought it was gonna be a rebuilding year that year .... especially after Alcoa gave us a Thumping I'll never forget . We were totally dominated that year by Alcoa ... if I remember correctly Alcoa either didn't throw any passes at all , or maybe it was just one pass ... they didn't need to . Well we went on to make it to the State Championship and got beat by White Station , they had a great RB , and a great , Mobile QB .... I'm not saying Alcoa would of beat them ... but we were not dominated in that game near as much as we were against Alcoa . White Station couldn't of beat us ( I think ... once again , not claiming a victory .. just my thoughts ) with just Running the ball only . 

2010 ... we lost one game that year on our way to the 6A State Championship game ... ya to Alcoa in one of the best games ever between Maryville and Alcoa . Now I don't think Alcoa is near as good as they were in those 2 years , but their Defense may be ... and a Great Defense can keep you in any Game . My opinion only .... Alcoa could give any Team in this State a tough game and anybody under estimating them because they're in 3A would probably get their Butt Kicked . 

This thread is all about thinking the teams you see are better than the teams you don't see . IFL at it's best . I don't play the IFL , so I will not Claim any Victories for anybody, and I will just stick to the Facts ... BUT ... Alcoa this year has by far the best Defense we've seen .... so far . Now I think .... notice I said think , because I haven't actually seen these teams in person , I think the remaining teams left in 6A may be as good or even better than Alcoa's Defense .

In 2009 , first year of 6A , I thought Maryville's team had no shot of going very far that year , everybody familiar with Maryville thought it was gonna be a rebuilding year that year .... especially after Alcoa gave us a Thumping I'll never forget . We were totally dominated that year by Alcoa ... if I remember correctly Alcoa either didn't throw any passes at all , or maybe it was just one pass ... they didn't need to . Well we went on to make it to the State Championship and got beat by White Station , they had a great RB , and a great , Mobile QB .... I'm not saying Alcoa would of beat them ... but we were not dominated in that game near as much as we were against Alcoa . White Station couldn't of beat us ( I think ... once again , not claiming a victory .. just my thoughts ) with just Running the ball only .

2010 ... we lost one game that year on our way to the 6A State Championship game ... ya to Alcoa in one of the best games ever between Maryville and Alcoa . Now I don't think Alcoa is near as good as they were in those 2 years , but their Defense may be ... and a Great Defense can keep you in any Game . My opinion only .... Alcoa could give any Team in this State a tough game and anybody under estimating them because they're in 3A would probably get their Butt Kicked .

Agreed