Ooltewah Basketball Season Canceled

Southtowner

The freshmen boys team will be allowed to continue playing along with the varsity girls team. Any freshman that was playing on the varsity and was not involved with the incident will be allowed to play with the freshmen team as well. This is according to sources at the Chattanooga News-Free Press.

Good deal, I think that's the right thing to do.

Chattanooga Patriots are not bad this year, good shooters and a 6'8" post.

Berean beat them by like 30 points on Tuesday then beat them by 52 points on 12/12 could have been worse remove starters.They have a couple solid players there even though Berean beat them by 82 points in two game.

your statement implied that all the kids on the team were involved and that's just not right. I can't believe you don't see that. I agree that the season should be cancelled. But I think there are kids on this team that had absolutely nothing to do with this incident and they don't deserve to be put down in any way.

Sorry about that. You took it wrong though. I was not at all implying the whole team was involved in this cowardly, perverted incident.

Absolutely not. I was merely implying that ALL the boys were on the team, and this will be one of the toughest life lessons the "good" kids will ever learn, but I honestly feel cancelling the season is the only option. I can't understand why they got to play even a single game after this.

The fact that high school kids were in a cabin alone? Crazy in itself, and I'm guessing this was a decision an adult made.

MY team - coaches, players, and anybody that was a part of it would have slept in the closest room to the gym that we could have ALL thrown a sleeping bag down in.

It was a basketball tournament not a "getaway".

There has been some good civil discussion through this, and it's a GD shame we even have a post to talk about it in.

• Upvote 1

I hate to say this but it is what our society today has come to. I have been around the game as player, coach for many years . I have seen kids over the last 5 years being more selfish, spoiled , and darn right disrespectful . I have heard of hazing incidents being dealt with just to have the player transfer and do it again and still be allowed to play . I mean what are we teaching our kids at home these days . I am all for second chances but for stuff like this, only after you go thru extensive medical help counseling and whatever else to help you become a respectful person of the community . I truely believe it all starts at home . Are we communicating with our kids . Do we not give them everything they want . Do we teach them right from wrong . Do we talk about tough subjects with them . Most of all do we get our kids involved in church and let them

Know who Jesus is . Not just take them to church . So many people go to church and that's it . We have to be involved and have our kids involved . Now to the coaches . The good ones want to win but put the kids well being first and demand respect . I have seen coaches kick off best players cause of their attitudes . Then there are other coaches solely in it for winning not paying attention to what is going around them . I don't know anybody involved so I won't comment on them . I just don't understand how going to a tournament in gatlinburgh , you allow teenagers stay in a cabin alone with no supervision . Did parents know this ahead of time ? Why didn't they ask to be a chaparone or demand there be some adult in there with them . Someone closer to the program might know the answers or there might even have been adults there . It's really a sad situation I pray for all involved including the criminals because we always forget about them . They are truely lost young kids . The season being canceled was the only and right thing to do and maybe next year as well . You aren't punishing the innocent kids you are protecting them .

Sorry about that. You took it wrong though. I was not at all implying the whole team was involved in this cowardly, perverted incident.

Absolutely not. I was merely implying that ALL the boys were on the team, and this will be one of the toughest life lessons the "good" kids will ever learn, but I honestly feel cancelling the season is the only option. I can't understand why they got to play even a single game after this.

The fact that high school kids were in a cabin alone? Crazy in itself, and I'm guessing this was a decision an adult made.

MY team - coaches, players, and anybody that was a part of it would have slept in the closest room to the gym that we could have ALL thrown a sleeping bag down in.

It was a basketball tournament not a "getaway".

There has been some good civil discussion through this, and it's a GD shame we even have a post to talk about it in.

It's all good. Sometimes a person can read something and take from it a meaning other than what the original poster intended. If that is the case then my bad. I agree with everything you just posted. Good insight.