CRB leaving CAK

QSouth89

There was speculation about that after CAK's second state championship, driven largely by news reports of Ken Sparks' illness around that same time.  I don't think it was ever more than just speculation about Rusty going there, and, last I heard, Coach Sparks is still firing on all cylinders after kicking cancer's butt.

I always thought he would end up at Carson-Newman.

• Upvote 1

If wow is all you can say, you maybe kinda sorta haven't been paying attention.

He has been looking to make a move for a while.

Lots of names floating around now.....

Nix, Lowe, Shad......

It won't be Nix. He is the obvious choice to be Rankin's successor at Alcoa when that time comes. Bradley had two great seasons and a bunch of very successful seasons at CAK but the fact of the matter is/will always be that CAK is in Alcoa's shadow and there is no escaping it.

It won't be Nix. He is the obvious choice to be Rankin's successor at Alcoa when that time comes. Bradley had two great seasons and a bunch of very successful seasons at CAK but the fact of the matter is/will always be that CAK is in Alcoa's shadow and there is no escaping it.

So, tell me, all knowing one...that doesn't know all, exactly how long is Nix supposed to stay "in the shadow" as you say, of Rankin???

I got CGR on board at Alcoee for at least four more years.

Brian will be close to AARP eligible by then. 

Nix has already applied for a few HC jobs in the area, that is a fact that cannot be disputed.

CAKe may or may not be one that he will look at, but he will, no doubt, kick the tires on it.