Michigan/Oakland HS Football camp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harbaugh's coaching track record is impeccable. From his stint at Stanford to the San Francisco 49ers to his first year at Michigan last year. His production on the field has already cashed in whatever checks he's writing right now. He's got all of the SEC coaches in a funk. It's obvious he's going to raise the standard of athlete that commits to Michigan football. He 'out flanked' all of the D1 coaches, especially the SEC coaches, to the point they sounded like cry babies! He's going to win a national championship at Michigan, and probably more then 1.

I feel confident in saying that I don't think that the Michigan folk will hate Harbaugh like the Tennessee folk hate/hated Kiffin. Kiffin was an embarrassment. Harbaugh has the other coaches mimicking what he started because they just didn't have the vision to do it before he thought to do it. The two are no where near the same. We can agree to disagree on that perspective.

Yeah, he is a top notch coach, and his record is impeccable like you just said. Any school would be lucky to have him as their coach. The thing is though, he has won exactly zero championships at any level. I basically just meant by my check comment that he's talking the talk, and acting as if he's the best coach in the whole NCAA. One that has already done it all, and seen it all too. IMO, I just think he should tone it down just a bit until he actually walks the walk.

At the same time I see why he is carrying himself in that manner. It's just about all planned out, 75% of the time there is a reason behind everything he says or does. It's definitely working, so you can't blame or fault the man. I myself do believe he'll eventually lead Michigan to a NC as well. Typically he's only ever going to have two "real" games to worry about within conference play each year. Like Iowa this past season, some years a extra third team will rise up and be pretty strong/good to be a Big10 school and all. However, their conferences games will generally be played against teams without a pulse that can't even line up straight.

He had an impressive first year, I will not deny that or try to take it away from him. The Big 10 is pretty weak though. Their bowl results as a whole speaks for itself. Michigan looked exceptional in their bowl win, they were extremely well prepared. They caught the Gators in very bad shape to be honest though. It was like a perfect storm scenario for UM actually. We all know UF had done been sinking fast, way before that game was ever played due to several key players suffering from major injuries and being out, plus a few other unrelated reasons too.

You give Michigan UTs schedule last season and they lose no less than 4 games. Had UT played UMs schedule, they lose no more than 2 games at the absolute most. I believe TN would of went 11-1 in the regular season with the lone loss being at the hands of either Mich State or Ohio State. They'd of had a legit shot at running the table due to both of those games being played at Neyland, and both being later in the year when UT had done hit their groove.

I wasn't insinuating that Harbaugh and Kiffin are in any way alike other than their approach of "any publicity is good publicity". Also folks in TN never hated Kiffin until he ran off in the middle of the night. The way he handled that entire situation was something else. The way he then tried to flip players to USC after he had done got them to previously commit to UT really brought on all of the extra hatred. While he was our coach though, he was supported and generally really liked by the majority of UT fans and boosters. He had people talking about UT football again, plus brought a type of swag and confidence that had been lacking for years. He created a level of excitement and had us competitive in every game. And those competitive losses were played against the exact same teams that had blown us out for 2-3 years straight under Fulmers leadership. When it came to recruiting, he hit the ground running and was doing superb. 

Granted it turned out his recruiting methods were a little sketchy and he seemingly lived and operated in that "gray" area. It's safe to say had he continued coaching here that he would of landed us in some serious NCAA trouble over his recruiting tactics/practices. 

He certainly doesn't have the entire SEC sweating him or his actions either. His silly HS feud/fight with Saban is just that, Saban, not the entire SEC. And yes, I am aware there are other SEC coaches that have spoke out and let their thoughts and opinions be known on Harbaugh and his shenanigans. Coach Jones is a visionary though. He has been super creative on all things he's done from the second he first stepped on campus as our head coach.

It's going to be hilarious when CBJ and company take over once they show up at Oakland for basically Harbaugh's own, personal satellite camp. I kinda had a good idea and was thinking this exact very thing would end up happening. I shed a little light about the topic on here in another thread a few days ago. It turns out that my statements concerning the camp at Oakland was right after all.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

he might have an impeccable record but he's already in trouble with the NCAA on these camps. He's been taking selfies with players and parents and signing autographs which is a violation of the NCAA camp rules...And not allowing media into the camps so there is no one watching. Its like to fox guarding the hen house..

UM self reported the violations to the NCAA, but it's not like if they didn't that it would even matter. No serious consequences or punishments would of, or will come of it. That would be true for any coach or school too. Every coach and school commit little petty violations like that just about daily. The NCAA also just created a new rule over all this mess just to ensure it don't continue to happen at any camp, and by any coach

Tennessee, Vanderbilt to join Jim Harbaugh at Oakland camp

Tom Kreager, tkreager@dnj.com 11:49 a.m. CDT June 9, 2016

MURFREESBORO — Oakland's elite exposure football camp will have some SEC flavor after all.

Tennessee and Vanderbilt will join Michigan and coach Jim Harbaugh on Tuesday in a satellite camp at Oakland High.

Registration is from 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. The camp will be from 5 p.m.-8 p.m.

Oakland coach Kevin Creasy said Harbaugh will coach quarterbacks — the position he played as an athlete at Michigan and later in the NFL — at the exposure camp. Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason, a former assistant to Harbaugh, will coach defensive backs at the camp.

Creasy hasn't been told which coaches from Tennessee will be at the camp.

Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason will be at the Oakland elite exposure football camp on Tuesday.

There are 13 college teams scheduled to help out at the camp, including Arkansas State, Louisville, Memphis, MTSU and Navy among other FBS schools.

Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky, Gardner Webb, Lindsey Wilson, Tennessee Tech and UT Martin will also be there.

"We don't have a wide range of our players that are going to get offers from Michigan or Tennessee," said Creasy of the other programs.

"We wanted everyone to benefit from our team. Our players are being recruited by Lindsey Wilson, Austin Peay and UT Martin.

"This isn't a one-dog pony show. I think it will be a great deal. It's a great way to showcase our kids."

MTSU's football coach Rick Stockstill works with players during MTSU's football practice, on March 22, 2016. Stockstill will coach running backs at Oakland's elite exposure camp on Tuesday. (Photo: HELEN COMER/DNJ)

Creasy said MTSU coach Rick Stockstill will coach running backs at the camp.

Creasy said he's excited about the camp for his players as well as other campers, who will get an opportunity to be coached by college coaches.

"I want them to get their butts coached off," he said. "They get some really good instruction in a three-hour window. They are going to work their tail off."

The camp is open to any high school student.

"How many times in your life do you have an opportunity like this with them in your own backyard," Creasy said. "A lot of our kids don't have the funds, time or the support to drive 16 hours for a camp. This is an opportunity to shine in front of all these colleges."

Reach Tom Kreager at 615-278-5168 and on Twitter @Kreager.

Oakland Patriots' Elite Exposure Camp

When: 5 p.m.-8 p.m., Tuesday

Where: Oakland High School

Cost: $60

To register: http://oaklandfootballcamps.weebly.com/about-the-camp.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! THIS is too funny! I couldn't have scripted it better myself.

So, do you still think that coach Harbaugh isn't going to get a big reception at Oakland High school?

That was a rhetorical question by the way.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! ... ooooohhhhh, I'm crying that I'm laughing so hard!

Well, LOLOLOLO, I guess ole Butchie said ... "if you can't beat them, join them!"

Nope, he's not going to get some big over the top, special reception. Harbaugh is technically the bigger name and definitely has the better resume, but you can't forget where the camp is being held at. It's in Mid TN after all, and it's all orange here, Vol country through and through. CBJ will be looked at as the "Big Dawg" at this camp by the overall majority of players. Whether that's right or wrong, idk, but it's the way it will play out. Now if both of these coaches were anywhere above the mason dixie, then it would be all Harbaugh for sure. He'd be the one commanding the most attention.

UM self reported the violations to the NCAA, but it's not like if they didn't that it would even matter. No serious consequences or punishments would of, or will come of it. That would be true for any coach or school too. Every coach and school commit little petty violations like that just about daily. The NCAA also just created a new rule over all this mess just to ensure it don't continue to happen at any camp, and by any coach

Nope, he's not going to get some big over the top, special reception. Harbaugh is technically the bigger name and definitely has the better resume, but you can't forget where the camp is being held at. It's in Mid TN after all, and it's all orange here, Vol country through and through. CBJ will be looked at as the "Big Dawg" at this camp by the overall majority of players. Whether that's right or wrong, idk, but it's the way it will play out. Now if both of these coaches were anywhere above the mason dixie, then it would be all Harbaugh for sure. He'd be the one commanding the most attention.

It's not all Vol country here in middle Tenn. most of the recruits here go elsewhere. These camps are mostly show. The real people who benefit, and it's proven, are the smaller tag along schools who get to see a large quantity of athletes who are not going D1. There are several good camps in middle Tenn this year. This one is getting a lot of attention just because of Harbaugh.

It's not all Vol country here in middle Tenn. most of the recruits here go elsewhere. These camps are mostly show. The real people who benefit, and it's proven, are the smaller tag along schools who get to see a large quantity of athletes who are not going D1. There are several good camps in middle Tenn this year. This one is getting a lot of attention just because of Harbaugh.

100% Fact from top to bottom #MiddleTN

This camp is for Michigan to see any elite player there is. They will know who to watch before the camp begins. The rest of the campers are there to be coached for 3 hours by some big time college coaches because it will be their only time to do so.

Edited by fb247

Coaches to watch specific players???? Even the papers know that.....

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/06/13/10-players-watch-oaklands-satellite-camp/85825358/

That being said there: 3 hours of camp time equals 2 hours 15 mins of actual field time after breaks / speeches and the fact that these things really don't start on-time and will definitely end on-time....

Money grab to a point and hope for some campers that they could possibly catch the eye of a coach.... and I really hope that happens....

Coaches to watch specific players???? Even the papers know that.... That is where I saw it, otherwise I had no idea that everyone was not being watched by the Michigan Coaching Staff.

Sorry man,,, my comment about coaches watching specific players was a little sarcasm.... 

Also hope something like this would help motivate younger players to stick with the game.....