Trezevant at Ensworth

kwc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Trez still had Swift it would be a no brainer.  That kid was the best defensive player on an opposing team I saw all last year.  If MC hadn't of had an outstanding LB in 17 he would have easily won the MVP for D.  As it is its a close game and I go with Trez.  CR isn't the only weapon they have he just really stands out in 2A football.

You don't know DII-AA Football. Last year was Ensworths worst year ever. They will be more up to the DII standard this year. And that means convicing win over 2A Trez.

Spartan4Life:

On paper Ensworth should be the favorite. They are a large private school that has the ability to offer financial aid for students to attend. They will have a large roster with potential D-1 players on it. Since they are a large private school with a big budget for sports, they will have a stable full of coaches where some are hired just to coach and nothing else. Not to mention the disparity between the facilities for the teams to train and work out and the full nine. 

I understand the thinking behind most D-2 fans and the like. Everything that is done on the D-2 level is usually superior to those who compete on the D-1 level, if for nothing else, the D-2 programs have so many advantages in ancillary systems that support the team.

That being said ... I think Trezevant can compete with any team in the state regardless of classification or division. However, I'm leaning towards Ensworth just because of the advantages I mentioned plus they have added motivation because last year Trezevant waltzed into Ensworth's stadium and handed them an L. Not only was D-2 Ensworth expected to beat them ... then you add the insult that they lost to a little bitty ole 2A team. So Ensworth has the pressure of living up to expectations. It's just purely unacceptable for a Division 2 program of Ensworth's recent history to lose to a Division 1 school. Especially a Division 1, 2A school, regardless if they were the eventual state champions in that classification. Losing to Trezevant is beneath them. So, then there is that. On paper, Ensworth should OUT platoon Trezevant. Ensworth should OUT athlete them with their robust roster. Ensworth should OUT train them with superior facilities and the like. Ensworth should OUT coach them because ... simply put ... D-2 programs have better coaching staffs and support then D-1 programs. Ensworth is suppose to win this game for all of those reasons.

Quite frankly, nobody has told any of this to coach Teli White and his players over at Trezevant. It's a reason why Trezevant plays and scrimmages against the biggest and baddest teams that he can line his boys up against non-district. He's a no nonsense coach who just doesn't take any excuses from his players. You line up and play and beat the man lined up across from you. That's his philosophy. His players play like it. They compete. Coach Telli White runs off those potential players who don't buy in or won't compete. All of his guys are ride or die type of guys. 

Ensworth is suppose to win this game. It won't be an easy victory if they do win it. I don't think Trezevant loses to Ensworth by two TDs. This will be a very tough hard fought game between two programs that have players that will hit you in the mouth. 

Trezevant isn't your ordinary Div. 1, 2A team.