Possible New Regions?

kingofthenorth

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordonsville, Jo Byrns, and Monterey are considered in the West now.

Jo Byrns makes sense. The other two, not so much.

Depending on how Regions 1 and 2 shake out, I wouldn't be shocked to see Monterey way east.

Geographically speaking, it makes sense for Jellico and Greenback to be sent east to be with Unaka, Cloudland, and Hancock County in Region 1. And it also makes sense to keep the 3 Morgan County and the 3 Roane County schools together. That would put 5 in Region 1, and an even 6 in Region two. Now IF the T$$AA decides they want 8, 6 teams regions, obviously one of the Roane/Morgan teams would have to go east (OS would be the most logical) which in turn would mean a school would have to slide over to Region 2. And Monterey would be that school if they decide not to yank a school up from Chattanooga.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Let's just play all our sports against the closest communities and at season's end we all get great big participation trophies, and meet at end of year around a giant bonfire & sing Kumbuaya. Marshmallows, smores, hotdogs & burgers, play boardgames, and have a grand time of it as one big happy family.

I posted this on the mail football board, but I will here as well. Freedom Prep ,Memphis Middle College, and now Franklin Grace as announced by the Tennessean today say they will be staying D1. I believe the cutoff is going to be around the 360 range. I think Harriman, Cosby, Trousdale and Frayser are all going to be 2A. This could then knock Adamsville, Waverly, Cumberland Gap, and Gatlinburg Pittman, to 3A. It will have a domino effect going up in classes.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Depending on how Regions 1 and 2 shake out, I wouldn't be shocked to see Monterey way east.

Geographically speaking, it makes sense for Jellico and Greenback to be sent east to be with Unaka, Cloudland, and Hancock County in Region 1. And it also makes sense to keep the 3 Morgan County and the 3 Roane County schools together. That would put 5 in Region 1, and an even 6 in Region two. Now IF the T$$AA decides they want 8, 6 teams regions, obviously one of the Roane/Morgan teams would have to go east (OS would be the most logical) which in turn would mean a school would have to slide over to Region 2. And Monterey would be that school if they decide not to yank a school up from Chattanooga.

Would love for Monterey to go back into the east! Maybe the drives would not be as bad!

I posted this on the mail football board, but I will here as well. Freedom Prep ,Memphis Middle College, and now Franklin Grace as announced by the Tennessean today say they will be staying D1. I believe the cutoff is going to be around the 360 range. I think Harriman, Cosby, Trousdale and Frayser are all going to be 2A. This could then knock Adamsville, Waverly, Cumberland Gap, and Gatlinburg Pittman, to 3A. It will have a domino effect going up in classes.

Assuming that's the case, Dresden will be border line depending if they stay at 360 or go above a few .But  with this scenario ,it would put Trenton in AA.

Wow! That  will cause some big changes.