Mairvul goes upp two Dobbuns Bent-It

STARSNBARS

This game will be a great experience for Maryville's younger players to play in an environment of a large crowd that will be fired up like the D-B fans will be this week. Glad we're dealing with this game first as to go to Bradley in a few weeks and not be prepared for such a crowd. I know the Fulton game was crowded but Bradley has one large stadium and being played on Thursday Night all the other schools will be there as well especially if both teams meet undefeated.

Inside source says the kids believe and Coach Clark and at least a couple other coaches are prepared as well for this game! I am telling You this DB team could compete and beat the majority of the DB teams in the past, I don't know if they can beat the forces of Maryville as they are a special program, especially over the last 20 years, but this DB team is coming to play, and the Kingsport fans might want to show up in force just in case the upset happens!

Believing you can win is always the first step, so that is good to hear.

But against Maryville you have to go beyond that and at least be COMPETITIVE.

At the game last year, which Maryville won 49-10, DB was not competitive.

After Maryville got up by a few scores DB just flat out quit playing, you could see it on the field, on the sidelines, on the way they walked back in after halftime, you could see it amongst the coaches.

That absolutely cannot happen tomorrow night.     DB has got to get out there and, regardless of the final score, give Maryville a COMPETITIVE game until the final whistle.    And if the guys on the field want to lollygag around then jerk them out and put in someone who WANTS to play

Inside source says the kids believe and Coach Clark and at least a couple other coaches are prepared as well for this game! I am telling You this DB team could compete and beat the majority of the DB teams in the past, I don't know if they can beat the forces of Maryville as they are a special program, especially over the last 20 years, but this DB team is coming to play, and the Kingsport fans might want to show up in force just in case the upset happens!

Oh Dear..... :blush:

I've been around Maryville Football a lot longer than most others on this board and don't let the BS about injuries give you some false hope that really isn't there. Maryville is two and three deep at almost every position on the field. GQ runs two dozen players in and out of the game on almost every series so watch very close  and take a pencil and paper out to keep up with it. I watched Bearden and Farragut go down to the last play and a week later Maryville beats Bearden 38-0. Does that sound like a team that isn't doing very well or does 6-0 not sound like a good start either.

Oh Dear..... :blush:

You know what I like about the Maryville fans on coach T, and maybe it's because they don't have to deal with losses but maybe once every couple years, but they don't really talk negative about other teams and they do not overly brag on their team! Realist or not, I am not sure anyone knows who you are, so you can act like an expert! You may have been a great player, maybe a good coach once upon a time down at the boys club! But as a Vols fan I believed every year that the Vols would win against Florida, and I was wrong for a lot of years, but since who I support, I did what any true fan should do, and that is support my team! I have seen a lot football played a good amount of it, and coached a little as well, and the team DB has right now is as talented as the majority of teams that have played at Dobyns Bennett, and that is what the boys need to hear. They don't need to hear how bad they are because most fans are not smart enough to know that the competition level is higher than it has ever been at DB, and that is all they hear, and you are smart enough to know that to be true. The boys and coaches weren't beat after three series of the game last year they like most teams that play Maryville were beat mentally in practice the week before the game! So you can continue to talk down, but I choose to support the boys that play the game! They may win, and they may lose but I can say that this year they are not beat before the game even starts, and that gives me hope!

You know what I like about the Maryville fans on coach T, and maybe it's because they don't have to deal with losses but maybe once every couple years, but they don't really talk negative about other teams and they do not overly brag on their team! Realist or not, I am not sure anyone knows who you are, so you can act like an expert! You may have been a great player, maybe a good coach once upon a time down at the boys club! But as a Vols fan I believed every year that the Vols would win against Florida, and I was wrong for a lot of years, but since who I support, I did what any true fan should do, and that is support my team! I have seen a lot football played a good amount of it, and coached a little as well, and the team DB has right now is as talented as the majority of teams that have played at Dobyns Bennett, and that is what the boys need to hear. They don't need to hear how bad they are because most fans are not smart enough to know that the competition level is higher than it has ever been at DB, and that is all they hear, and you are smart enough to know that to be true. The boys and coaches weren't beat after three series of the game last year they like most teams that play Maryville were beat mentally in practice the week before the game! So you can continue to talk down, but I choose to support the boys that play the game! They may win, and they may lose but I can say that this year they are not beat before the game even starts, and that gives me hope!

I'm sorta with you on this one, but were you at the DB/MHS game last year?     DB had the crowd advantage, the band advantage and the guys came out all fired up.     I sat on the MHS side because the visitor side was full but there were a lot of DB fans on the MHS side.     DB players and fans seemed pumped up and ready to play before the game ever started.

But then after the 1st quarter and it was 20-0, that is when they quit playing.

Here is a video many of you have seen, but is illustrates why you NEVER quit until the final whistle.        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjlQiaOBWM

I'm sorta with you on this one, but were you at the DB/MHS game last year?     DB had the crowd advantage, the band advantage and the guys came out all fired up.     I sat on the MHS side because the visitor side was full but there were a lot of DB fans on the MHS side.     DB players and fans seemed pumped up and ready to play before the game ever started.

But then after the 1st quarter and it was 20-0, that is when they quit playing.

Here is a video many of you have seen, but is illustrates why you NEVER quit until the final whistle.        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjlQiaOBWM

I never counted SC out of that game because DB finds a way in the playoffs and Sevier county had a lot of talent..Most DB fans would have been fine with the outcome after the first game with SC earlier on that year " had " it not been for a 28-0 lead.You just don't lose a 28-0 lead and not get a lot of people mad.The biggest cluster I've ever seen was the McMinn game.I really think DB was atleast 6 touchdowns better and they  lost.You will never see that at Maryville unless someone has taken hostages and Maryville has to throw the game.DB has fine players and should have had many more.All should have had a chance to be a stud like the transfer from Virginia as well.Not saying they would have taken it to Maryville but with what Maryville has,DB would atleast have been respectful over the last decade in the playoffs.One season with atleast two playoff wins,that flat out sucks.