Mairvul goes upp two Dobbuns Bent-It

STARSNBARS

@stars @rw87 do you guys travel away games together with several other or u guys come separate.

A bus comes by and picks everyone up and we're going to be eating high on the hog this trip. I've been by the post office this morning looking through the junk mail people have thrown away and I must have at least twenty buy one get one free Big Mac's.coupons that came in the mail Tuesday.k55p34.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

You know what I like about the Maryville fans on coach T, and maybe it's because they don't have to deal with losses but maybe once every couple years, but they don't really talk negative about other teams and they do not overly brag on their team! Realist or not, I am not sure anyone knows who you are, so you can act like an expert! You may have been a great player, maybe a good coach once upon a time down at the boys club! But as a Vols fan I believed every year that the Vols would win against Florida, and I was wrong for a lot of years, but since who I support, I did what any true fan should do, and that is support my team! I have seen a lot football played a good amount of it, and coached a little as well, and the team DB has right now is as talented as the majority of teams that have played at Dobyns Bennett, and that is what the boys need to hear. They don't need to hear how bad they are because most fans are not smart enough to know that the competition level is higher than it has ever been at DB, and that is all they hear, and you are smart enough to know that to be true. The boys and coaches weren't beat after three series of the game last year they like most teams that play Maryville were beat mentally in practice the week before the game! So you can continue to talk down, but I choose to support the boys that play the game! They may win, and they may lose but I can say that this year they are not beat before the game even starts, and that gives me hope!

Look, let me put it to you this way. And you don't have to be a great player or great coach to see things the way they really are. I don't remember talking down any player at DB. I have the coaches for sure. And I have also gave them praise when they did well. I have a right to do so because I help pay their salary. I'm not going to change that just because you got your feelings hurt. If you want to use the Vols as an example then know this. The reason they won against Florida Saturday was because the university finally went out and hired a good coaching staff. Butch Jones turned the program around. Using your example Tennessee would still be coached by Dooley, and would still be loosing to pretty much everybody. If you want to support a loosing coaching staff then go right ahead. I'm not going to go that route.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Inside source says the kids believe and Coach Clark and at least a couple other coaches are prepared as well for this game! I am telling You this DB team could compete and beat the majority of the DB teams in the past, I don't know if they can beat the forces of Maryville as they are a special program, especially over the last 20 years, but this DB team is coming to play, and the Kingsport fans might want to show up in force just in case the upset happens!

Got to be careful about who says what.One or two say a lot of crazy stuff but most of the players know they have to play hard, just do the best job they can and hope Maryville is a little off.Most players had enough sense to know OR had more then one player by just watching the film.Most have enough sense to know playing power ball against SC this year is not playing power ball against Maryville any year.DB has some fine athletes and so does other teams like Alcoa.Maryville is hard to get down and even harder to keep there for most teams.Sure DB can do it but not because Maryville is going to be out prepared or the players think they can.It will take a great effort and a little luck .SH had one half,maybe DB can have two better halfs

Maryville Rebels
Maryville, TN

Fri Aug. 19 7:30 PM at Heritage W 44-6
Sat Aug. 27 8:00 PM at Fulton W 45-29
Fri Sep. 2 7:30 PM at Jefferson County R W 41-17
Fri Sep. 9 7:30 PM Alcoa W 43-29
Fri Sep. 16 7:30 PM Science Hill R W 35-14
Fri Sep. 23 7:30 PM Bearden R W 38-0

Dobyns-Bennett Indians
Kingsport, TN

Thu Aug. 18 7:30 PM Tennessee W 47-0
Fri Aug. 26 7:30 PM at Oak Ridge L 28-41