Trezevant to forfeit all games; will have an audit on grades

Galilee

Yeah this thread took a wrong turn early even before anyone knew any facts. People were reacting to rumors and innuendo's before anyone knew anything. They were hoping and wishing tat it would be true just to have the defending champs eliminated. The studs were involved and his grades were changed when no one knew anything. Trezcheat might have been the best one but it looks like they did not cheat. This had to be going on last year so give Marion the gold and TCA the silver that was hilarious. Both teams had a chance to earn each of those trophies but came up short but you want to give it to them before the investigation was complete. They even took them out of the polls and I was called ignorant and part of the problem. Have you heard the saying  "Don't wake a sleeping bear" well guess what I believe they have motivation now to repeat. They had been sleepwalking through the season playing like people were supposed to lie down and give them something because they are the champs but now they will make you lie down.

Yeah this thread took a wrong turn early even before anyone knew any facts. People were reacting to rumors and innuendo's before anyone knew anything. They were hoping and wishing tat it would be true just to have the defending champs eliminated. The studs were involved and his grades were changed when no one knew anything. Trezcheat might have been the best one but it looks like they did not cheat. This had to be going on last year so give Marion the gold and TCA the silver that was hilarious. Both teams had a chance to earn each of those trophies but came up short but you want to give it to them before the investigation was complete. They even took them out of the polls and I was called ignorant and part of the problem. Have you heard the saying "Don't wake a sleeping bear" well guess what I believe they have motivation now to repeat. They had been sleepwalking through the season playing like people were supposed to lie down and give them something because they are the champs but now they will make you lie down.

no no. TCA never said they wanted a silver ball given. And I don't think any Marion folks said that they wanted a gold ball given to them. Edited by BigEdMo

no no. TCA never said they wanted a silver ball given. And I don't think any Marion folks said that they wanted a gold ball given to them.

You are correct. No MC fans wanted a gold ball given to them or TCA for that matter. Tremendous respect for Trez and glad the kids get to play. Some people get their feelings hurt too easy.

Edited by PurplePower68

A serious question for the folks in Memphis. If the TSSAA has cleared Trezevant football in this case we have been discussing, how come the coach is still suspended? It does not make sense to me.

Reitz...there's something else bothering me. Going to throw political correctness out the window, so bear with me. The Memphis posters always throw out there the "you don't understand the surroundings these kids have to grow up in" in the defense of their own kids/coaches in most situations...when I heard the news that there were some grades altered, games forfeited, coaches suspended, I was furious that the kids were being cheated out of an education in order that they may continue to play football. Not one of the Memphis posters seem to have been upset that the kids were being used, and not receiving the education needed to better themselves...not one! All that you got was "they had to find some way to keep Trez from winning (paraphrase)". Football be danged...that's human lives, and their opportunity to have a better life through education being stolen from them. 

• Upvote 1

Reitz...there's something else bothering me. Going to throw political correctness out the window, so bear with me. The Memphis posters always throw out there the "you don't understand the surroundings these kids have to grow up in" in the defense of their own kids/coaches in most situations...when I heard the news that there were some grades altered, games forfeited, coaches suspended, I was furious that the kids were being cheated out of an education in order that they may continue to play football. Not one of the Memphis posters seem to have been upset that the kids were being used, and not receiving the education needed to better themselves...not one! All that you got was "they had to find some way to keep Trez from winning (paraphrase)". Football be danged...that's human lives, and their opportunity to have a better life through education being stolen from them.

No true but nice try, go back and re-read my posts. No one really knew if they were cheating the kids or not, but I immediately said any adults involved in any wrongdoing just to keep players on the field should be terminated. You're right it's much bigger that just football. I commend the transparency of the Trezevant administration for coming forward at the first whiff of foul play and not trying to cover anything up or sweep anything under the rug. Trezevant isn't really known for academics like Whitehaven, White Station and some of the bigger schools in Memphis so football is a more accessible way to higher education for a lot of the young men at Trezevant. So far nothing has been stolen from them and they're still getting their education and if anything this will be a warning and teaching tool of the importance of education over football.