LEBANON FOOTBALL

BDP93

Former Lebanon Assistant Coach Lance White is about to win his second consecutive Class 5A State Championship as the Defensive Coordinator at Independence in 5 weeks barring an upset. He also had some very good years as the DC at Culpepper (VA) HS and Daniel Boone in East-TN.

Loss of memory is a terrible thing. When L. White was at Lebanon when Harp arrived; he wanted to stay. This was nixed by Harp (*note Harp was following the lead of the "extremely" knowledgeable AD - Brown). Providence has shined quite brightly on White as a result of that denial. I got to believe that he has had nightmares about his attempt to stay at Lebanon.

Now all this being said; I am fairly certain that he will attempt to get the job, and revive the DEBILS. More power to him!

Edited by slagiatt

Valid points. But, Lebanon has over 1900 students. That is like a small city! Growth is not the issue with lebanon.

Its not just the amount of students. Its about having a community draw that will want better players to move into the school. Lets face, parents with players will do anything they can do to get their child noticed but lets face it, Lebanon is not the school or the desirable area for parents to want to move to. So your talent pool is based upon homers which currently is not that good.

A few wanting Medley mostly his former players. You can't blame them but Medley is 60 years old and left Lebanon 20 years ago because he couldn't deal with parents. You think an old man who hasn't coached in 20 years wants back in the same mess he left 2 decades ago?

Doesn't Medley still serve some role with helping the football development in Lebanon? 

Edited by MrSalty

lance white would only continue to the train wreck known as lebanon football. we need a offense guy. harp ran a different offense every year and it was terrible.

Well then, how about the Z White at Wilson Central; he is the OC, he is young, energetic or how about the OC ay MJ; I do not know his name, but I think he has been a HC.....I think?? These are (2) offensive guys. I also keep hearing about a coach from Watertown...Jobe?? Is he the OC there. This would give you (3) great choices right close to home. All those offenses are very good

Any comments??

• Upvote 1

Well then, how about the Z White at Wilson Central; he is the OC, he is young, energetic or how about the OC ay MJ; I do not know his name, but I think he has been a HC.....I think?? These are (2) offensive guys. I also keep hearing about a coach from Watertown...Jobe?? Is he the OC there. This would give you (3) great choices right close to home. All those offenses are very good

Any comments??

they are offense guys but lebanon needs to get out of wilson county and avoid the politics so they can bring fresh new faces to the school and county