Mairvul goes two Okelund (badd spellurs edishun')

STARSNBARS

I can understand why some folks may not like Maryville.  Even though I'm not one of them I understand somewhat I guess.

After all, I never did care for those Yankees in pinstripes. Grew up disliking Bradshaw and the Steelers going against my Cowboys.  Anyone playing against the Lakers was enemy #1.  But I've come to respect what these teams and organizations have accomplished as time has gone by.

I've seen quite a few championship games in my lifetime.  Every time I look up Maryville is there.  Love em or hate em, who wouldn't want their team, school or organization to be just like them?  Their pursuit of perfection year in and year out is to be admired. Something to emulate without a doubt.

I always follow the Mairvul threads but rarely chime in.  Thought I'd pop in and say Go Rebs!

Nicely put South. There is some good tradition with those Pirates and I wish them well on this year's run.

Nicely put South. There is some good tradition with those Pirates and I wish them well on this year's run.

Appreciate it. Gonna have our hands full with Greenback Friday. The final 4 in 1A is as strong as I've seen in a while. 3 undefeated teams and the only loss is to undefeated 3A semifinalist Squatch by SP. Some really good games on the menu.

Me personally i don't go by how 2 teams play the same team gives me an indication of how a game is going to turn out. Barney I'm not telling you not to go by it, we all have our own strategy. Maryville struggle against Science Hill, Oakland demolished the toppers, i won't hold that against Maryville.

Barney now your reasonable and u might not agree with what I'm about to say, but, u will probably think about it. The Fulton game, nobody is making excuses, if Maryville plays Fulton 5x this season Maryville wins every time, but, my blowout prediction isn't that great of a call.

#24 did nothing fancy just a 2yrd slant route, and we all know the rest, Maryville was looking at the back of his jersey while he was taking it to the house. While that's happening Maryville offense is resting on the sidelines, #24 has to come back out on defense, Maryville defense is now resting, then #24 has to stay on the field for offense along with several other Falcons player. Let's just say the strip didn't happen Fulton goes up 28-7, then #24 only plays 1 way with several others playing 1 way, Fulton would put up 56 on Maryville. Maryville had no answer for #24 and several others, their only answer was fatigue, let them wear themselves out. Now a different level Fulton team is waiting on the Rebs in the Boro.

Barney u might be right no blowout, we have to wait and see. QUARLES could go to milk the clock strategy or something else up his sleeves. Barney I'm not a hater, I'm on record come Friday night if Quarles pulls this game out, is far better than any of his championship. Quarles wins this game forget in just Tn, he's in the top 5 high school coaches ever.

I was at the SH game and a big group of starters were out during that contest. That was the peak time of all the key injuries. No one is forth giving on who is all injured on this board when it comes to Maryville. There wasn't even a mention of GQ having hip replacement surgery right in the middle of the season during a two week break. Could you imagine what  H e l l  he has went through this year and now all the pieces are back and falling into place. I know Oakland has the great athletes at the skill positions and it will be a nightmare if one gets lose and I expect that and a high scoring game. I have watched enough film of Oakland this week to be confident Maryville can move the ball on them and if I can see the weak spots I know the coaching staff can. I've watched Maryville for many years and know where they will drill on this Oakland team. Oakland has a few starters going both ways which can be a factor in a very tough game also. Like I said , I think it will be a good game right to the end and if Oakland does win all I can say is it's about time after all these great games with Rutherford County teams someone finally beat us but it will not be a changing of the guard because Maryville returns most of their skilled players back for next year.

i know it's very hard to tell, but, out of all the Rebels teams u watched what team do you think was Maryville best.

There are so many moving pieces and parts to that question because we had two groups that put together winning streaks that lasted four years or more. This team has the best linebacker we have ever had as a high school football player in T.D Blackman. We have had a lot of great QB's in the past but Hopkins with a combination of speed and his arm could be the best there. Cobb will go down as one of the best running backs when it's said and done. Freshman starter A.J. Davis will go down as one of the all time greats before it's over. Ervin will be in a very high class of all time great backs that can break it on any given play and tough as nails.  Hodge playing outside linebacker where his speed won him that position as a freshman this year because you have to have someone there in that capacity to stop the fast man but could be moved to running back next year because he is a capable 2,000 yard rusher and could be the best of all time if they make that move. Those players are who I would have to place on the all time best. This team rates right along with the rest of them but had to overcome a rash of mid season injuries. Blackman had to have a knee operated on that put him out for a few weeks really hurt the defense but we also lost Cobb for a long time period. When Fulton and Maryville played it was to the death and a lot of players got hurt on both sides during that game and took a few weeks for both sides to heal. You saw them beat Catholic the second time around because to many were still feeling the pain from that game the first time they played. When comparing games that Maryville and Oakland have played with common opponents Blackman played without their 2,000 yard rusher Teague who was out with an injury but did play against us. When Oakland played Smyrna they didn't have their great running back and lost the qb for 3 quarters of that game. When William Blount played Oakland thirty players quit the team that week leaving them with only half of their starters from the week before.

i know it's very hard to tell, but, out of all the Rebels teams u watched what team do you think was Maryville best.

I am partial to the 2013 team. That team had some really special playmakers (Prevo, Carroll, Brock, Hopkins), a great, athletic QB who ran the offense to perfection (Garrett), quality linemen on both sides of the ball (Koons and Jackson stand out), a rising star in freshman Blackmon at LB, and solid players in the secondary too. I feel as if the 2013 squad is a little underrated.