South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

29 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

I would have, Ashworth is obviously leagues better athlete, Hollaway had a couple carries that Ashworth would have busted wide open in the first half.     Like I said though, that sometimes can be a double edged sword with Ashworth, he in the past has been turnover prone, Hollaway does a pretty good job making sure they don't put the ball in the dirt.   You can't really play 'What if" but IF I was a betting man, and Whitwell has Ashworth, I'm putting my money on them because Midline was open most of the night and if someone with some wheels keeps the ball South Pitt pays dearly.    I said it last week, after the TC game, I stand by my statement, that Whitwell is a different animal offensively with Warner Ashworth at QB, and he's playing his best football.   (Likewise at his worst they're not as good with Hollaway)

I really think Whitwell needs to get 3 the ball more in a game like this, before the last drive.    Condra and Petty are studs but Wingo needs to get some more touches late in that game, even if you gotta be creative. 

I thought Sawyer Kelly was an absolute stud, He had several big time runs that moved the chains and ate up lots of clock. He in my opinion is one of the most underrated backs in the area, and really won that game for South Pitt, with several big carries in the 4th.

As for the "Spots on the ball"  There are a couple questionable spots last night, that went both ways, I thought both teams deserved a better crew then that for how big a game that was.  They seemed to be the only fellars on the field rattled by the environment, as the kids all took it in stride.....

I was real impressed with Whitwell upfront.  South Pitt is better upfront, but not by much, on that last drive, Whitwell was pushing them around, more time on that clock they're in that endzone.

You really got to credit the Whitwell Defense for keeping them in that game.  They made a lot of plays down the stretch, that kept them in that game.    

Finally, in an age of Spread football teams, it was quite refreshing watching two physical football teams, with formations out of the early 1900's line up and just pound it right at each other.     It was like watching a time capsule straight out of the 40's.   If you didn't watch this game, I highly advise you do, because it was a great game to watch and experience,  I don't think Whitwell should 2nd guess or feel bad about anything they did all night.  They played tough, they played hard, and they now know without a doubt for 4 quarters they can play with South Pitt, and now they're the ones with the chip on their shoulder.

I can agree with you 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Lol first let me say, Kinfolk you are the biggest Pirate Homer on this board. I’m just keeping it real. Secondly, I came down from LV and went to game last night. I will say that both teams have good hard nosed teams with good defenses but neither team will stop Coalfield from throwing all over them or Greenback’s stud running back. Atleast not from what I saw last night. I’m just keeping it real. Let’s be honest here, Whitwell has some very good athletes and Runningbacks but they are not the kid from Greenback. So if  SP survives the rematch they better get better in a hurry to beat either of the teams up north. I will also say that the environment and SP is one of the best in the area. Great game last night! From the warmups to the music blaring throughout the games in big moments. That siren though, man that thing made my hair stand up on my head everytime it went off. I’m just keeping it real

Coalfied can't or want run the ball and got gassed, greenbacks defense is suspect so saying they are better is plain retarded. That post was for a Pirate poster. So kinfolk there you go. If I said anything that's untrue let me know

1 minute ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I was looking at the photos inside the article on the times free press website and saw a photo of a face mask hold by a WW player on a SP player.  I wonder if that happened a lot on that last drive, just sayin.  

The only thing I saw on the last drive is the ball carrier being a good yard short of the line and then moving the ball forward for a first down. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

6 minutes ago, powerp said:

Sorry, couldn’t really focus on much of what was being said due to the background music: “Another one bites the dust” oh, the irony in that video. 

13 minutes ago, powerp said:

Who is the big burly guy that came in towards end saying next time they are going to kick our “butt”?

18 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

Coalfied can't or want run the ball and got gassed, greenbacks defense is suspect so saying they are better is plain retarded. That post was for a Pirate poster. So kinfolk there you go. If I said anything that's untrue let me know

Hope we get to meet up and see!!! Who knows what will happen!! Coalfields QB was hurt when we played them the first time and he's their most dangerous player running the ball. Who ever comes from region 2 will come ready to play as will the winner from region 3!!!