Huntingdon at Cornersville

ZEBRA35

14 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Fans?

Had a couple of kids even in our scrimmage running their yap. We think alike about playing with emotion...two or three "angry" kids aren't a bad thing, as long as the coach has the reigns, but mouthy, arrogant kids are penalty prone, and you can't have too many of the 15 yarders. Last years "enforcer" on our team was a bowtie wearing preppie that would knock you out of your cleats, but this years version was the classic bad boy (not a criminal, just fits the image) who got us some penalties that weren't necessary, and got himself ejected a few times.

Best game vs. best game, Huntingdon wins comfortably. I'm starting to feel that both teams may not have their best game this week though. Cornersville has been building momentum and confidence, which they need to stand in and trade punches with Huntihgdon...the Mustangs just may have too much swagger and attitude about themselves to deliver if C'ville can take them to the fourth quarter. If some breaks go against Huntingdon early and the Bulldogs get and hold the lead into the second quarter the Mustangs could be on upset alert...couple go the other way early and it may turn into Bass's prediction.

12 hours ago, Maximum said:

I agree with you, we only put up 35 on Moore County.

It could’ve been a lot worse. A couple of TD’s called back. I also agree that this was huntingdons bad game. A lot of missed assignments and a lot of frustration. A lot of mouth running too. I’m sure Swenson will be on top of that this week. 

9 minutes ago, StangNation said:

It could’ve been a lot worse. A couple of TD’s called back. I also agree that this was huntingdons bad game. A lot of missed assignments and a lot of frustration. A lot of mouth running too. I’m sure Swenson will be on top of that this week. 

I agree that the coach will reign in the penalties some this week.  Part of the penalty issue is that we have aggressive players which are great for defense.  The more aggressive the better the defense to a point.  The reason I don’t think this will be as high of a scoring game is due to the opponent.  I think Cornersville is a good step above Moore county.

2 hours ago, Maximum said:

I agree that the coach will reign in the penalties some this week.  Part of the penalty issue is that we have aggressive players which are great for defense.  The more aggressive the better the defense to a point.  The reason I don’t think this will be as high of a scoring game is due to the opponent.  I think Cornersville is a good step above Moore county.

He's had 12 games to reign them in and hasn't done it yet.The penalties are not coming because of aggressive play it's being stupid after play.

Edited by horse

9 hours ago, sum1uno said:

I completely understand. If the shoe was on the other foot I would probably do the same. We will need to play lights out and leave everything on the field. If they do that they are winners in my eyes. You need to come on over Friday night. 

I definitely "need to", but I opened my own business this spring and it has me working every Friday nite now so I can't. Would love to see this game!... But if you know of a good radio station or social media site that will broadcast it, please let me know, I'll have to do as I have all year and watch through my minds eye as I'm listening to the game play by play....

If Anyone knows a social media site like *Periscope* or radio station that will broadcast this game like on *Tune in Radio* let us know please. Or at least make sure the cell phone is charged up and post updates here on Coach T every touchdown/score.

18 minutes ago, Big Bigby said:

I definitely "need to", but I opened my own business this spring and it has me working every Friday nite now so I can't. Would love to see this game!... But if you know of a good radio station or social media site that will broadcast it, please let me know, I'll have to do as I have all year and watch through my minds eye as I'm listening to the game play by play....

If Anyone knows a social media site like *Periscope* or radio station that will broadcast this game like on *Tune in Radio* let us know please. Or at least make sure the cell phone is charged up and post updates here on Coach T every touchdown/score.

Congrats on your business. Local radio here is Wjjm. You can google it. AM1490. Hoping for a great game. I'll try to post. Depends on whether or not my phone picks up. Sometimes it does but only one bar. 

22 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Congrats on your business. Local radio here is Wjjm. You can google it. AM1490. Hoping for a great game. I'll try to post. Depends on whether or not my phone picks up. Sometimes it does but only one bar. 

Cornersville is not a bastion for cell phone service that' for sure.

59 minutes ago, Big Bigby said:

100.9 The Farm is Huntingdon local station. It is on Tune In radio. I keep hearing that the Moore Co game the Mustangs had a off week. Moore Co came out pumped up and ready to play. They had some athletes. After some adjustments things went as planned. 35-0 is a pretty good off-week. I'm pretty sure any school would take a 35-0 2nd round of playoffs, off week. Plus, after many weeks of starters only playing 2 quarters, they can in fact play a full game.

Edited by Waker

100.9 has some of the best football announcers in the state. They are very objective when reporting the game. I heard one of them is an attorney. He knows football and has good grammar, unlike some of the clowns announcing on some stations across the state. I highly recommend 100.9 The Farm.

1 minute ago, @38320 said:

100.9 has some of the best football announcers in the state. They are very objective when reporting the game. I heard one of them is an attorney. He knows football and has good grammar, unlike some of the clowns announcing on some stations across the state. I highly recommend 100.9 The Farm.

He called the games before the ones now.Grammar and these two don't go together.