William blount offseason thread

On 3/5/2018 at 11:13 PM, Blaze45 said:

Of course it is different in every school district. Our players are expected to raise $400 dollars each  for new lockers this year and additional option uniform color  and an additional 200 for their nike package (cleats, compression shirt, practice shorts and top and game day polo for 300 you get all that plus your nike sweat top and bottom 

LOLOL The WB folks found out the hard way about $hads "Nike Pack"....

They paid $200 for a pair of socks with a swoosh and the rest of the gear was purchased at the local Beall's Outlet.

It was pretty shifty of the man if you ask me.

2 hours ago, JohnnyLawrence said:

They paid $200 for a pair of socks with a swoosh and the rest of the gear was purchased at the local Beall's Outlet.

Really???WOW!!

3 hours ago, JohnnyLawrence said:

I can say our package is shpped from Nike. WE have the option to go online order the sizes and pick between two different styles of shoes.  I find it odd that it was only socks  Even more so that Bealls outlet would have 100 of the same shorts, shirts and so on with the WB logo on there.  WB football must be pretty popular in the area to have a national chain store carry that much merch for a high school program. The fact that people are up in arms about "little Johnny" having to go raise money or participate in fundraising for a program says it all. 

1)Either the parent thinks their kid is their donation to the program and they shouldn't be asked to help build the program and facilities, or 

2) they are of the opinion that they are entitled to something without having to work for it.  Either way that does not bring a winning culture in a community or a program. 

I have a feshman  playing(limited but playing) and they are currently required to show up 3 times a week at 6:30  am and work out, then he has weight class 5 days a week and works out with a personal trainer 3-4 days in the evening. I am not delirious, he will likely never play college ball, but it is not about playing college. It is about getting up every day and working to be the best you that you can be.  Sounds like they just wanna put on a jersey and win...smh

31 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

WB football is only going to have 2 afternoon workouts on spring break and they are optional. Doesnt sound like a recipe for success to me.

This is my take on that situation Guvna. You'll have a group of kids that really want to a part of the program and will be there on those two day but you'll also have a group that won't show up that pretty much know it's their position only to lose. As in most cases the ones that didn't show up will be the ones that play because they can get away with anything and the coach will uphold it. A real coach would say be there or don't come back, plain and simple.

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I can say our package is shpped from Nike. WE have the option to go online order the sizes and pick between two different styles of shoes.  I find it odd that it was only socks  Even more so that Bealls outlet would have 100 of the same shorts, shirts and so on with the WB logo on there.  WB football must be pretty popular in the area to have a national chain store carry that much merch for a high school program. The fact that people are up in arms about "little Johnny" having to go raise money or participate in fundraising for a program says it all. 

1)Either the parent thinks their kid is their donation to the program and they shouldn't be asked to help build the program and facilities, or 

2) they are of the opinion that they are entitled to something without having to work for it.  Either way that does not bring a winning culture in a community or a program. 

I have a feshman  playing(limited but playing) and they are currently required to show up 3 times a week at 6:30  am and work out, then he has weight class 5 days a week and works out with a personal trainer 3-4 days in the evening. I am not delirious, he will likely never play college ball, but it is not about playing college. It is about getting up every day and working to be the best you that you can be.  Sounds like they just wanna put on a jersey and win...smh

There are many way's to create fun raisers for the sports teams than sell a kid a $400 bag of expensive goodies to a family that shops at Wal-Mart and the Dollar Tree to make ends meet. Some of those things could very well keep some kids from playing because their family's can't afford for them to play. I for one was very upset about the school board not replacing the lockers. Their always famous for doing stuff like this because they know they can buffalo people that do care about these things into figuring out a way to raise funds. This is school property and the board needs to act like it is and fix this mess.