Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Over on the west thread everyone is giving the Pirates the gold ball already. I guess we are the underdog again this year. Maybe we should pull a Unaka and not show up.

I don't want to bust your bubble but sorry buddy but we already have claimed the underdog trophy for this season. Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Over on the west thread everyone is giving the Pirates the gold ball already. I guess we are the underdog again this year. Maybe we should pull a Unaka and not show up.

I would enjoy that lol Our team this year is just that, a team. No standouts so to speak just a lot of hard working physical kids. Our defense can play and love to hit. Now, they have not tried to tackle somebody like Gilbert all year. I remember good and well him running all over us last year and couldn’t do anything about it. Greenback has the talent advantage but we will give it all we got. Y’all still have that big boy on the line from Maryville? 

3 minutes ago, powerp said:

I would enjoy that lol Our team this year is just that, a team. No standouts so to speak just a lot of hard working physical kids. Our defense can play and love to hit. Now, they have not tried to tackle somebody like Gilbert all year. I remember good and well him running all over us last year and couldn’t do anything about it. Greenback has the talent advantage but we will give it all we got. Y’all still have that big boy on the line from Maryville? 

Yeah he is still here ol Big Bobby Woods. Our boys are playing great team ball right now as well, we had several make contributions on offense last night. And our defense did what it had to, to win. The coaching staff always schemes Coalfield very well. What grade is this Raulston kid in?

This has been a great season for this young team. I’ve thought all along that it would come back down to SP and Greenback. Never bought into the hype of Coalfield for one reason and one reason only. #6 Gilbert

The kid is by far the best back in 1A/2A in my opinion and will play at the next level if his grades are in order. In order for SP to win this game we have to control the tempo and the line of scrimmage. If this game gets into a shootout I don’t think we can keep pace. Sounds like these teams will be doing it all over again in round 4 in 2018 as well. 

32 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Yeah he is still here ol Big Bobby Woods. Our boys are playing great team ball right now as well, we had several make contributions on offense last night. And our defense did what it had to, to win. The coaching staff always schemes Coalfield very well. What grade is this Raulston kid in?

Garrett is a junior