Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

Dresden was thought to be the beast the entire season last year. I think about all of us on this board picked them to win it all. That team was loaded with talent and speed. 

As the season went on yes that would be true. But at the beginning of the year many people picked teams like union  city Nashville Christian school, Wayne county and Huntington just to name a few. 

48 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Your saying how good GB is because you watched them beat your pirates. I'm not saying they ain't good but you have nothing to base how good Cville is except the fact that they have beat everybody they've lined up against, including the team that you said was on a whole different level, Huntingdon. I said Cville would lose to them just like you did, but I've learned my lesson and won't bet against them again. There's something special going on over there in Cville. I'm pulling for Cville because of the history between them and WC but will be just as happy for GB if they win, the only advantage GB has is they've been to the big game for the past two years

You know me better than that. You've been around here for a long time. I'm just telling you what I've seen. I've seen Cornersville as well. The matchup with what Greenback does on offense will be extremely difficult for them. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, I have seen them. They would have matched up much better vs SP. Both of those teams play a tighter line of scrimmage type game. Greenback is a lot tougher to defend because they play wide open all over the field. I think Cornersville could have competed much better against SP than against Greenback. It's a tough matchup for them. 

I agree with you Bass! The "skillet slinger" wonders what you did to tick these posters off lol. You are just calling it like you see it and usually hit the mark. Most GB posters would have to agree you see the football landscape pretty clear for the most part. Haha! Now just curious why you thought Huntingdon was the King of TN for most of the year? I only know what I heard on here and they have the Mr. Football finalist so it all seemed legit. What happened & how did CVille handle them? We have watched CVille film and I assume they look the same live in person that they do on film, lol. They are a solid club but to be honest just don't appear to have quite the full aresenal to compete with GB when we are on which is usually a lot of the time. Anybody who is unbiased would have to agree after seeing both teams play but anything can happen. I like our chances in this one much more than previous 2.

11 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You are obviously a miserable human being. I'm simply trying to give a comparison of past teams that they remind me of the most. They obviously don't remind me of WingT Marion County teams, or Union City or Wayne County Veer teams. Good grief some people are ridiculous. It doesn't matter what I say you are going to find an issue with it. Like I have stated many times. I've been here for years though the good and bad. I will still be here once you boys quit posting as well. 

Hello my name is The Ambassador and I am a Bragoholic  Admitting you have a problem is the first step to a cure.

9 minutes ago, ladykee said:

I agree with you Bass! The "skillet slinger" wonders what you did to tick these posters off lol. You are just calling it like you see it and usually hit the mark. Most GB posters would have to agree you see the football landscape pretty clear for the most part. Haha! Now just curious why you thought Huntingdon was the King of TN for most of the year? I only know what I heard on here and they have the Mr. Football finalist so it all seemed legit. What happened & how did CVille handle them? We have watched CVille film and I assume they look the same live in person that they do on film, lol. They are a solid club but to be honest just don't appear to have quite the full aresenal to compete with GB when we are on which is usually a lot of the time. Anybody who is unbiased would have to agree after seeing both teams play but anything can happen. I like our chances in this one much more than previous 2.

He ain't been right this year hardly at all, his picks have been about like mine. Not disrespecting Bass, I like him, just saying our picks don't mean squat. Me and bass both said Huntingdon was on a different level than any team in the state, should that not put Cville on a different level? Don't overlook them

Just now, ladykee said:

Don,t think any of us were looking at Cornersville, that bunch should be extremely proud. They have made a fool out of me several times. To be honest I thought this would be Coalfield and Huntington. Still don,t know how the Coalfield game would have went with the QB healthy. Every game has its own personality but Cornersville won,t beat you guys unless they can score at least 28 . SP had a very stingy d and you guys put several on the board. My guess is Greenback win,s by at least 21. Wish they had the QB to at least  be at full strength. I do wish people would quit disrespecting Cornersville, those kids deserve better and they have a ton to be proud of either way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, wildcat89 said:

He ain't been right this year hardly at all, his picks have been about like mine. Not disrespecting Bass, I like him, just saying our picks don't mean squat. Me and bass both said Huntingdon was on a different level than any team in the state, should that not put Cville on a different level? Don't overlook them

Hardest year to pick game in forever. Just pick opposite of me and you,ve got it . lol