#1 Greeneville vs Springfield 4a Championship!!!

DevilMan03

Congrats to Greeneville. They were the better team. Cade Ballard, those two big WRs and big RB would make a lot of good teams great. Not Springfield’s best game by far but yes Greeneville had something to do with that. 

I was afraid defending the passing game would be our downfall and I was right. Our offense never got in sync after the first TD run. Again, congrats to the Devils. I will give credit where credit is due.

Not a fan of calling teams undeserving of being in the finals or not even a playoff team if in a different region. Hard to base that off of one game, in my opinion. If you haven’t even seen who we played but call them no good you are just looking through green tinted glasses. Do what you want but I just don’t see the need to bash kids for no reason. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Congrats to Greeneville. They were the better team. Cade Ballard, those two big WRs and big RB would make a lot of good teams great. Not Springfield’s best game by far but yes Greeneville had something to do with that. 

I was afraid defending the passing game would be our downfall and I was right. Our offense never got in sync after the first TD run. Again, congrats to the Devils. I will give credit where credit is due.

Not a fan of calling teams undeserving of being in the finals or not even a playoff team if in a different region. Hard to base that off of one game, in my opinion. If you haven’t even seen who we played but call them no good you are just looking through green tinted glasses. Do what you want but I just don’t see the need to bash kids for no reason. 

Might want to develop thicker skin if you expect to compete at this level buddy. Its an East vs West debate that usually plays out this way. I am not convinced Springfield was the best team out the west. They were however the best team last Friday. I hate to say this, as I know there will be some butt hurt, but I really don't think it mattered whether we got Springfield or Haywood tonight. The Green Devils were ready to take home the gold. I believe if they stay as healthy next year as this year they will be taking home the gold again.

5 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Congrats on a good season and making it to the championship game Springfield! Hold your heads up high you guys have nothing to be ashamed of! Let it drive you to get back next year! 

Thanks Dman you guys have a great team and congrats. Hope to see y'all back same time next year with a different outcome. 

38 minutes ago, eers said:

In regards to being the best team in the state, have you seen the talent level of the top 6A teams in the state?  Maryville and Oakland are light years ahead. That's in no way disrespecting Greeneville. As I said, they have a great team and solid program. A lot of people may not want to hear it, but there's a huge difference in the top of 4A and the top of 6A. 

Yes I have watched both teams on more than one occasion. I still stick to my previous comment. It's a moot point I will think my way and you will think yours.

ok, my turn here....first off, congrats to springfield and their fans , was a pleasure meeting poundtherock at halftime ish....nothing but respect for the SHS kids. they came over to the Greeneville kids after the game asked to pray with them...very classy, very respectful. To the game. OUTMATCHED...period. Taking nothing away from the jackets and a great season that not many probably expected to end in cookeville but it was evident pretty quick that Greeneville was much faster, stronger and for atleast tonight, tougher. Anyone see Youngblood 47 plant that poor SHS kid with that block up the middle on the first series? Bet you that poor kid will have nightmares about that for a while...anyway, i was hoping for a more competitive game but hey, no complaints...to the TSSAA reps...lighten the heck up....two coaches family members were not allowed on the field at the end of the game to be  with thier husbands and they werent very  polite about it either. SO much so that one of our coaches was so pissed about it, that it took away from the enjoyment of what had just happened on the field....lets move these games to either the murf or hey, why not titans stadium...dont the titans sponser part of this anyway? as for the " greeneville vs 6a argument"...none of us know how greeneville would do against catholic, maryville, beech or any number of other 5 or 6A schools, but the devils DID dominate 3 6a teams this year...just sayin. I personally thing the 5 best teams in the state, in any classification, in no particular order, Maryville, Greeneville, Catholic, Beech and Oakland....its all speculation ofcourse....Great season and im extremely humbled to yet again have been a part of it all. Love my devils, love my greene devil family of kids, coaches and parents and cant wait to do it again next season.....awesome video coming soon....first of the week..i want to include parade footage in it and that dont happend til sunday afternoon...last word today......WELCOME BACK PHIL, now go get us a freakin coach.

Congrats to Greeneville on the Gold Ball ... I noticed that just like his predecessor Coach Quarles , it looks like Coach Hunt is not gonna do too well in the IFL .... How bout the next time Coach Hunt gives you all a call you say yes and we'll play a REAL game instead of these IFL Games that Maryville always seems to lose . 

2 hours ago, BVDevil said:

ok, my turn here....first off, congrats to springfield and their fans , was a pleasure meeting poundtherock at halftime ish....nothing but respect for the SHS kids. they came over to the Greeneville kids after the game asked to pray with them...very classy, very respectful. To the game. OUTMATCHED...period. Taking nothing away from the jackets and a great season that not many probably expected to end in cookeville but it was evident pretty quick that Greeneville was much faster, stronger and for atleast tonight, tougher. Anyone see Youngblood 47 plant that poor SHS kid with that block up the middle on the first series? Bet you that poor kid will have nightmares about that for a while...anyway, i was hoping for a more competitive game but hey, no complaints...to the TSSAA reps...lighten the heck up....two coaches family members were not allowed on the field at the end of the game to be  with thier husbands and they werent very  polite about it either. SO much so that one of our coaches was so pissed about it, that it took away from the enjoyment of what had just happened on the field....lets move these games to either the murf or hey, why not titans stadium...dont the titans sponser part of this anyway? as for the " greeneville vs 6a argument"...none of us know how greeneville would do against catholic, maryville, beech or any number of other 5 or 6A schools, but the devils DID dominate 3 6a teams this year...just sayin. I personally thing the 5 best teams in the state, in any classification, in no particular order, Maryville, Greeneville, Catholic, Beech and Oakland....its all speculation ofcourse....Great season and im extremely humbled to yet again have been a part of it all. Love my devils, love my greene devil family of kids, coaches and parents and cant wait to do it again next season.....awesome video coming soon....first of the week..i want to include parade footage in it and that dont happend til sunday afternoon...last word today......WELCOME BACK PHIL, now go get us a freakin coach.

You left out Alcoa, not sure how you could leave them out of that top 5. Realistically, your top 5 should be in order Maryville, Oakland, Catholic, Greeneville, Alcoa, then Beech.

6 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Congrats on the Championship. Complete game by a complete team. I am still proud of out Jackets. We had a successful season even with this loss. Now we need to build on this and improve 

Your team had a great season and believe me,there are a lot of schools that will never make it to the championship game in our lifetimes.I've watched as a parent when sports ended for my sons and I always have a special place in my heart for all those young men that are  going through the pain of playing their last game.Another reason I know how to take a win but more so,how it feels for those thousands that always come up short.Best of luck to all of your seniors and once again,congratulations on a super year ,Springfield .

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, eers said:

Great season for Springfield. What I've seen is a good group of kids and coaches, with a lot of community support. In no way should they hang their heads. The loss tonight will be tough, but I hope tomorrow they can realize what they did accomplish. 

In regards to being the best team in the state, have you seen the talent level of the top 6A teams in the state?  Maryville and Oakland are light years ahead. That's in no way disrespecting Greeneville. As I said, they have a great team and solid program. A lot of people may not want to hear it, but there's a huge difference in the top of 4A and the top of 6A. 

Just my opinion, but I believe Greenville could beat, Beech and KC, the KC would be a good game though,  and although I think KC has better athletes to an extent, Greeneville is just so much more efficient offensively,  I thought Ballard's 82% was misleading due to pop passese, screens, ect ect, but that's wrong, his ball placement was on point regardless of range/distance, besides being a die hard Springfield fan, I am a huge football football fan in general and you just have to appreciate that level of effeciency/ability. I do believe teams such as Maryville and Oakland would be too much for them, but outside of that, they have a shot against anybody in TN.....

• Upvote 1