Class AAA State Tournament

6 hours ago, midtnmale said:

Well, I have never been a coach much less coached in a state tournament. But it is clear to me that Bradley Central has been benefiting from having a talented team in a weak district and region. Much like the current Lady Vols basketball team, talent can only get you so far. Eventually a team will need an elite coach to win the big games.

I agree. Bradley upper brass need to fire Reuter. He is diffently a under achiever. Can’t hire someone from their district because he beats them to bad . I’d go after the 2nd best team in Murfressboro coach. Get the boosters on board and make them a offer they can not pass up.

23 hours ago, MAD SCIENCE said:

Who do you suggest they hire then?

Someone that will play teams that will get them ready for the competition of the State Tourney.  You know ones from farther away than the adjoining counties!  Maybe even traveling as far away as a couple states over even.

A man asked me the other day why teams from Rutherford County were so competitive in most sports.  My answer was simple.  The Coaches here schedule tough teams to condition ours!

On 3/6/2018 at 6:28 PM, riverdaleman said:

As a RIVERDALE fan when it comes to girls basketball I will admit I am very spoiled.  I do understand that what our girls have been doing hasn't been easy as they have a huge target on their back.  I don't know much about Ravenwood as I have not seen them play but we are in the state tournament and everyone is good!  As far as best players I don't know about other schools and other players everywhere but I have been around RIVERDALE for a long time and I would put Alexander in our top 5.  She can do it all she can handle the ball she can shoot from outside and she can post up.  I am glad she is on our team.  Having said that personal accolades are nice but state championships are sweeter!   What happened to Memphis Central?  They returned a lot of players from last year

You were joking with this post right?  Riverdale bought and paid for this state championship just like Shelbyville did back in the day.  Most of these high profile players came from the AAU circuit and those of us that know a little about girls basketball in middle Tn know this to be a true statement.  Where did Alexander transfer in from?

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

You were joking with this post right?  Riverdale bought and paid for this state championship just like Shelbyville did back in the day.  Most of these high profile players came from the AAU circuit and those of us that know a little about girls basketball in middle Tn know this to be a true statement.  Where did Alexander transfer in from?

Please enlighten all of us... Where did the the Hayes sisters transfer in from? What about the Whittington sisters or maybe Holcomb... Oh yeah, they have all been in the Boro playing from middle school on..along with AAU travel ball to boot .As for Brinae she has been in the Boro since before her freshman year. I  am curious how this would be any different than say like a Maryville football where some of the best talent in the area moves into that zone to play ball is any different. I don't necessarily agree but more and more parents are putting their kids in a position to not only win, but excel, get the best coaching and opportunity for a full ride. 

Edited by Blaze45

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Someone that will play teams that will get them ready for the competition of the State Tourney.  You know ones from farther away than the adjoining counties!  Maybe even traveling as far away as a couple states over even.

A man asked me the other day why teams from Rutherford County were so competitive in most sports.  My answer was simple.  The Coaches here schedule tough teams to condition ours!

You talking about Smyrna, Siegel , La vergne,?

7 hours ago, whoop said:

You talking about Smyrna, Siegel , La vergne,?

I think Old Dad is talking about the teams they played from California (national ranked top 3) Ga, Fla, Al, Illinois,I In, KY and NV (all in the top 75)... As far as Smyrna Siegel and LaVergne, you have to play the teams in your district and they are in it so I don't know how you could skip them.

13 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

I’m referring to why teams in Rutherford county were so competitive. Better then Bradley Central was how I took it. Blaze45, your only talking about Riverdale . What about the other teams in Rutherford co. Looks like the need to fly out west and play somebody. Blackman needs to improve their schedule if they want to get back to the glass house. Oakland , Stewart’s Creek. I was mentioning those teams in Rutherford co. Like Smyrna , Lavergne, Siegel who are terrible. Old dad said all teams in Rutherford county! I don’t see any team in that county play teams from California besides Riverdale .

56 minutes ago, whoop said:

I’m referring to why teams in Rutherford county were so competitive. Better then Bradley Central was how I took it. Blaze45, your only talking about Riverdale . What about the other teams in Rutherford co. Looks like the need to fly out west and play somebody. Blackman needs to improve their schedule if they want to get back to the glass house. Oakland , Stewart’s Creek. I was mentioning those teams in Rutherford co. Like Smyrna , Lavergne, Siegel who are terrible. Old dad said all teams in Rutherford county! I don’t see any team in that county play teams from California besides Riverdale .

Well considering Blackman played teams from All Ky, Ga IL and Fla as well  along with facing the Riverdale a few times a year seems like they play some competition.  I don't think you have to play Ca to say it is competition, but you can't be the king of your backyard and say you are ready to beat the world.  If I am not mistaken Blackman or Riverdale have won it the last 7 years. Bradley has a good team, but I  think in general Old Dad was eluding to the fact that RuCo schools make it a point to put very tough competition on their schedules be it  Basketball, Football, Baseball ....  

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Well considering Blackman played teams from All Ky, Ga IL and Fla as well  along with facing the Riverdale a few times a year seems like they play some competition.  I don't think you have to play Ca to say it is competition, but you can't be the king of your backyard and say you are ready to beat the world.  If I am not mistaken Blackman or Riverdale have won it the last 7 years. Bradley has a good team, but I  think in general Old Dad was eluding to the fact that RuCo schools make it a point to put very tough competition on their schedules be it  Basketball, Football, Baseball ....  

I know a lot of teams from other states that come to Tennessee to find good competition. Bradley played teams from Georgia, Kentucky. Won the Ladies Classic in Greeneville that was a lot tougher then that Alabama tournament you went to. Heck, they even played Houston and Arlington and beat them both by 16 points in the first ever East/West Classic ! This web site we are own right now says Bradley had the 3rd toughest AAA schedule in the state. In general there are a lot of bad teams and programs in Rutherford County. The best team in the state was Riverdale. No one else should be talking how they play a tougher schedule.