Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

3 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Last years' team deserves that respect. This is a new year.

I agree. Greenfield is a good team. But there are a lot of good teams, but not great. We have seen that so far. GC got a dose of reality last night that it couldn't go through the motions and win. Going to be interesting to see what happens. Who stays healthy? Who is hot at the end? One bad game and your home. GC and Clarkrange both experienced that last year. I think in the end both of these teams will be a tough out. Greenfield will have the experience of winning it and bringing back your core players. I think one of these three will win it all.  And Summertown might be a scary draw as well. JMO.

On 12/18/2018 at 1:45 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

You could also say Greenfield should be glad to be in with Lake Co 2-7, South Fulton 2-7 and Union City 4-7 and in a weak district. But you don't measure a district by its weak teams, you look at their strong teams. Our district always has 3 or 4 tough teams...usually 3. This year Clarkrange, Clay Co and Pickett Co are all strong. It is also sad that only 2 will make the state. Pickett co. could split with Clay Co (they already beat Clay) and lose again to Clarkrange and lose to Clay co in the 2nd round of the region and their season could end 26-4. If they beat Clay again and lose in the region 2nd round they could go home with a 27-3 record. 

Greenfield is in the same district as they were last year...with the same teams. In the North-West, the Region is typically strong and the stronger Single A teams over here usually schedule each other every year. Greenfiled has more scorers this year than last year as well. Until they're unseated, they're still the Champs. They've lost to a 5A (11-3) school by 2, a 3A (11-2) school by 9, and a very good Gibson County (12-1) team by 5. I'd say they've played some pretty good competition...so far. If the tournament was held today...I'd take Greenfield/Gibson County over any team in Single A from the middle or the east. 

Edited by SuperFan14A
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Greenfield is in the same district as they were last year...with the same teams. In the North-West, the Region is typically strong and the stronger Single A teams over here usually schedule each other every year. Greenfiled has more scorers this year than last year as well. Until they're unseated, they're still the Champs. They've lost to a 5A (11-3) school by 2, a 3A (11-2) school by 9, and a very good Gibson County (12-1) team by 5. I'd say they've played some pretty good competition...so far. If the tournament was held today...I'd take Greenfield/Gibson County over any team in Single A from the middle or the east. 

Good post. 

10 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I’m shocked that someone from 14A would say these words....

Looks like Clark Range took two more on the chin.  Bobcat what’s happening to your 6A bunch?  You said CR was unbeatable a week ago after they beat your bobcats by 30.  That's 3 double digit losses for them Buffalos, oh me things are unraveling in 6A.  

Hey you know I’m kidding, just got to have some fun with you. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

It's happening a little earlier than I though, but Summertown and Loretto will square off in finals of the Times Daily Classic.   The only way to play each other was to win 3 games each and get to the finals and they did just that.    Summertown is without their point guard and Loretto lost their 2nd leading scorer to a knee injury.  It should be a good one at Flowers Gym on the UNA campus.  I think both of these teams have a good chance to get to the boro !

12 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Looks like Clark Range took two more on the chin.  Bobcat what’s happening to your 6A bunch?  You said CR was unbeatable a week ago after they beat your bobcats by 30.  That's 3 double digit losses for them Buffalos, oh me things are unraveling in 6A.  

Hey you know I’m kidding, just got to have some fun with you. 

Who beat Clarkrange other than Cookeville and Stone Memorial?

8 hours ago, gogold said:

It's happening a little earlier than I though, but Summertown and Loretto will square off in finals of the Times Daily Classic.   The only way to play each other was to win 3 games each and get to the finals and they did just that.    Summertown is without their point guard and Loretto lost their 2nd leading scorer to a knee injury.  It should be a good one at Flowers Gym on the UNA campus.  I think both of these teams have a good chance to get to the boro !

Gonna be interesting to see how both coaches handle this one.  Summertown playing their 6th game in 8 days, Loretto playing their 5th in same amount so u gotta figure, both squads are running on fumes.  Bragging rights until Jan 16th are at stake!  Hope it's a good un! 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Who beat Clarkrange other than Cookeville and Stone Memorial?

Nobody.   Clarkrange is a really good team and a couple losses to two of the better AAA in the area doesn't change that.  They were just over matched on the defensive side of the ball last night.   Clarkrange quickly scored the first 7 pts of the game within the first couple minutes and then were held scoreless for a quarter and a half. Halftime score was 18-7 Cookeville.   Things opened up the second half but Cookeville put on a clinic playing man defense and preventing the dribble drive.   When Clarkrange was able to drive they hurt Cookeville.  It was a good matchup for Cookeville and after watching that game I am even more convinced Clarkrange will be playing playing for another star on their jersey later this year.

7 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Nobody.   Clarkrange is a really good team and a couple losses to two of the better AAA in the area doesn't change that.  They were just over matched on the defensive side of the ball last night.   Clarkrange quickly scored the first 7 pts of the game within the first couple minutes and then were held scoreless for a quarter and a half. Halftime score was 18-7 Cookeville.   Things opened up the second half but Cookeville put on a clinic playing man defense and preventing the dribble drive.   When Clarkrange was able to drive they hurt Cookeville.  It was a good matchup for Cookeville and after watching that game I am even more convinced Clarkrange will be playing playing for another star on their jersey later this year.

Cookeville has a very good team. The girls play hard in every way, hustle, and are very well coached. Clarkrange did not respond well to their defense, but that's why you play good teams. Win or lose it makes you better. Congrats to Cookeville. Hope to see those girls go a long way in post season.