Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

21 hours ago, gogold said:

Summertown and Loretto get ready to bump heads this Thursday night.  I'm thinking they may get to play each other a couple more times.  Should be a good game with season district championship on the line.  Summertown will come out swinging to try to win this game and be co-champs with Loretto.  Game will not mean a lot in the big picture, but it'll be fun to watch.

If you're making the trip to summertown tomorrow night, you'd better get there very early!  Single A basketball at its best tomorrow night!   Should be a fun night! 

10 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Gibson County beat Summertown by the same margin so I think GC should still be #1 team. GC schedule is as good as anybody’s in Class A this year. 

I appreciate the compliment. GC is not fancy and has a lot of good players not great. They play extremely hard and showed me the other night against TCA after they lost momentum on the phantom technical call what kind of heart they have. They looked the same in the 4th quarter defensively as they did the first maybe even stronger. I am very proud of this team and their efforts. Greenfield has a lot to be proud of as well. As does TCA, Gleason, Trenton, Dresden, Loretta, Summertown Clarkrange. Lot of good basketball teams this year.  

This year will be an interesting tournament. There will be some really good teams coming to Murfreesboro with the usual suspects (GC, Greenfield, Clarkrange, Summertown, Clay, Pickett and Loretto all looking to stake their claim to yet another gold ball.  We shall see how the tournaments shake out. On this side of the bracket no one in Class A is playing better than Clarkrange.  Clay County is a close second but anything can happen come tournament time. 

15 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

This year will be an interesting tournament. There will be some really good teams coming to Murfreesboro with the usual suspects (GC, Greenfield, Clarkrange, Summertown, Clay, Pickett and Loretto all looking to stake their claim to yet another gold ball.  We shall see how the tournaments shake out. On this side of the bracket no one in Class A is playing better than Clarkrange.  Clay County is a close second but anything can happen come tournament time. 

Could not agree more.  Can't see anyone that is a clear favorite to run the table.  No one team seems to be head and shoulders better than any one else.  I hate to say it, but with this much parity the state champion will come down to a combination of being ready to play every game, how games are called, sickness, injury, location of tournaments and unfortunately luck.  It is going to be fun!  I am leaning Clarkrange, but I wouldn't put a wager on it.

3 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Could not agree more.  Can't see anyone that is a clear favorite to run the table.  No one team seems to be head and shoulders better than any one else.  I hate to say it, but with this much parity the state champion will come down to a combination of being ready to play every game, how games are called, sickness, injury, location of tournaments and unfortunately luck.  It is going to be fun!  I am leaning Clarkrange, but I wouldn't put a wager on it.

I think it is very obvious the most consistent and poised team playing well will win it. Going to be interesting because you don't have dominant teams and any thing can happen like you said. West TN is loaded with teams that can knock you out in a heart beat. Clarkrange is obviously good across the river as is Summertown, Loretta and Clay. West TN has 6 teams in the region that are dangerous. Think it speaks well for the summer ball, AAU from elementary school up that has made West TN very competitive. We got a big one tonight for number one seed at Peabody.

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

If Clarkrange’s post can step out and hit some 3s like she did at home against Clay County they will be a tough team to beat but like you said it’s going to come down to a combination of things this year. Which is good for all of us because we get to watch it unfold!  Unlike a lot of years I don’t think there are any weak teams making it to Murfreesboro.  The great unknown at this point is in the far east region (1/2) where there really isn’t any competition over there and most of those teams won’t cross over to the Cumberland Plateau and play anyone that can give them a game so it’s hard to get a feel for how good those teams are. However South Greene showed us all that there is a lot talent in the hills of East Tn so it should be some interesting theater for sure!  

12 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’m thinking Loretto just entered the conversation as to who the best team is in Class A this year after a solid victory over Summertown. 

Man y'all need a bigger gym. Got there @5:30 and had to stand. Great atmosphere,  games like this really fire my old butt up. Loretto and Summertown are both outstanding teams. Loretto is very athletic but need to be more physical. Summertown is a little short. Huntingdon will present a problem to both teams on the boards. Region 6 has 3 teams capable of winning games at the state tournament and region 7 has 6 teams capable. I've seen every team in region 6 & 7  play and I've got to go with Greenfield when all the chips fall to win it all..

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Man y'all need a bigger gym. Got there @5:30 and had to stand. Great atmosphere,  games like this really fire my old butt up. Loretto and Summertown are both outstanding teams. Loretto is very athletic but need to be more physical. Summertown is a little short. Huntingdon will present a problem to both teams on the boards. Region 6 has 3 teams capable of winning games at the state tournament and region 7 has 6 teams capable. I've seen every team in region 6 & 7  play and I've got to go with Greenfield when all the chips fall to win it all..

Sorry Croppy,   I thought 5:30 would get you a descent seat.  I hope you got some good Shaffer's while down this way.  It was a great game and atmosphere.  Looking forward to coming over to your neck of the woods in the next few weeks.  I see the Phillies are playing some good ball right now.  I won't disagree with your pick.  Hard to go against the defending state champ.  Loretto  needs to be more physical, but I sure like the way they are playing right now. 

2 hours ago, gogold said:

Sorry Croppy,   I thought 5:30 would get you a descent seat.  I hope you got some good Shaffer's while down this way.  It was a great game and atmosphere.  Looking forward to coming over to your neck of the woods in the next few weeks.  I see the Phillies are playing some good ball right now.  I won't disagree with your pick.  Hard to go against the defending state champ.  Loretto  needs to be more physical, but I sure like the way they are playing right now. 

Bethel has a super venue, even has a chick-fil-a in the house. Great gym to watch basketball. Everything close to the court. I would guess that Loretto and Summertown have to be the favorites going in with Huntingdon starting to get in a groove also. If Fuller rounds into form by the region semis then the Fillies could be dangerous. If there's any kid around that you can plug in and play it's her.