AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 10 2018

Southtowner

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I was a bit surprised CA took down Waverly last year.  But realize they've made some good strides in their football program last few years.  Their offense does look a bit lethargic thus far.  

It was a surprise to a lot of us lol. Imo it was a coaching/play calling issue. CA was prepared and focused on us. I'm sure we'll be more prepared this year

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I was a bit surprised CA took down Waverly last year.  But realize they've made some good strides in their football program last few years.  Their offense does look a bit lethargic thus far.  

Probably would have been different if Waverly QB hadn’t gotten hurt. It’s ok we will meet again

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Peabody is playing great right now for sure.

7 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Probably would have been different if Waverly QB hadn’t gotten hurt. It’s ok we will meet again

I'll know a bit more about CA after our upcoming game with Lipscomb Academy.  I know it's hard to compare scores but sometimes that might give some indication one way or another. 

• Upvote 1

I don't really have a horse in this race but I'll weigh in anyway. Probably going to ruffle some feathers but I'm just giving my opinion so get over it. It's just a non-biased opinion.

I think alot of people on this thread are grossly underestimating CA. Particularly the Waverly fans. You guys are the most confident 1-3 team in the state! :lol: Not only are you allowing 46 points a game but you arent even acknowledging Riverside. I realize you've played a tough schedule but you lost all those games and have big problems right now. I just don't see where all the confidence comes from. You will NOT get passed CA unless big changes happen on the D. My prediction is that you will soon get a false sense of security because you have a string of games coming up against inferior opponents. (Excluding Riverside) Any team you stand to play deep in the playoffs would also dominate the lower tier of your region.

It's okay to be a homer and talk smack but a few of you are over the top brash. Especially considering that CA already handled you a year ago. There's no doubt that Waverly CAN do it. You have one of the top offenses in the state. I've seen it with my own eyes. But until some major improvements happen on the other side of the ball you can't represent the west. And my fear is you won't even make it through the quarters. 

Trollin and vandy, before you get all worked up in a tizzy remember that I already told you guys I'm pulling for you. I'm not a hater. I have many associations and friendships with Waverly people. Including a few on the team. And I wish you well!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I don't really have a horse in this race but I'll weigh in anyway. Probably going to ruffle some feathers but I'm just giving my opinion so get over it. It's just a non-biased opinion.

I think alot of people on this thread are grossly underestimating CA. Particularly the Waverly fans. You guys are the most confident 1-3 team in the state! :lol: Not only are you allowing 46 points a game but you arent even acknowledging Riverside. I realize you've played a tough schedule but you lost all those games and have big problems right now. I just don't see where all the confidence comes from. You will NOT get passed CA unless big changes happen on the D. My prediction is that you will soon get a false sense of security because you have a string of games coming up against inferior opponents. (Excluding Riverside) Any team you stand to play deep in the playoffs would also dominate the lower tier of your region.

It's okay to be a homer and talk smack but a few of you are over the top brash. Especially considering that CA already handled you a year ago. There's no doubt that Waverly CAN do it. You have one of the top offenses in the state. I've seen it with my own eyes. But until some major improvements happen on the other side of the ball you can't represent the west. And my fear is you won't even make it through the quarters. 

Trollin and vandy, before you get all worked up in a tizzy remember that I already told you guys I'm pulling for you. I'm not a hater. I have many associations and friendships with Waverly people. Including a few on the team. And I wish you well!

Good post. Gotta have some Defense. Not much but at least some. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I always respect your opinion swarm. Most of my smack talk toward CA is just plain smack talk to shake the tree per se! I told the riverside folks Friday night that the match between us sounds like its going to be a good one. Curious to see how they play Camden this week. If you guys actually seen what we was up against this past Friday you all would understand. I actually gained more respect for my own team in that loss. We had our chances to win. But like you say swarm we will have to keep getting better on the defense side of the ball for sure! Nothing but respect coming from this guy to all the teams out there.

Edited by vandyfan1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

Point on with this post and trust me we aren't overlooking Riverside at all....well with the exception of a couple of our posters on here lol. We do have confidence that we will be ready come playoff time tho. Much respect to CA even though Vandy likes ruffling feathers lol.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'll know a bit more about CA after our upcoming game with Lipscomb Academy.  I know it's hard to compare scores but sometimes that might give some indication one way or another. 

You should NOT take Lipscomb lightly.  They have played some really good teams.  Unfortunately someone has to loose.  I truly believe playing tougher competition makes you better!!