AP POLL CLASS 1A OCT 1 2018

Southtowner

2 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

I'll agree, at this point in this year. But if you don't win the gold this year. Epic fail

Why would it be an epic fail?  I mean Cornersville beat them last year and Greenback and South Pitt brought back almost everyone from teams that were better than the the Stanks last year. I don’t think it would be an epic fail but that’s just my two cents. Besides I’m looking forward to seeing the Stanks get pimp slapped!!!

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Why would it be an epic fail?  I mean Cornersville beat them last year and Greenback and South Pitt brought back almost everyone from teams that were better than the the Stanks last year. I don’t think it would be an epic fail but that’s just my two cents. Besides I’m looking forward to seeing the Stanks get pimp slapped!!!

I agree

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Glad your looking forward to seeing the Stanks get pimp slapped as well. Your alright in my book. :)

Lol,got me.Just the epic fail part!Cville beat them,GB railed  CV.CV looks to be better and GB is better and South Pitt was the second best team i saw last year besides us.So whats the epic fail??I have seen some games of Huntingdon this year and GB is still the better team and we are getting better each week which sounds silly but youve never heard me speak of things unless im sure of it. I really want Cornersville to beat them again just so they can get over last year saying it was a fluke.Cornersville looks to have a really Stout defense this year although the competition isn't great that they played but their confidence as a whole is very high. It looks like it's going to be very interesting. If Huntingdon wins gold over Greenback,South Pittsburg or Whitwell I call it and upset.JMO.

19 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Dang....somebody still feeling the sting from the pimp slapping they got from the Stangs a few weeks back! lol However, I happen to agree on the epic failure thing. Stangs are young (not an excuse) I think they have a legit shot this year of winning it all. If the defense continues to be slow getting started it will be tough to make a lot of noise in the playoffs though. Can't continue to think that our offense will pull it out for us, that works in this weak region we're in but not during the playoffs. 

Get the defense in tune with the offense....we will be a tough out for anyone. There's enough talent on this team to go toe to toe with anyone in 1A. Yes that includes GB and South Pitt!

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Because listening to "some" of the Huntingdon fans they could beat Alcoa every year. But I will say they are the class of the field in 1A on the west, west side of the state (I know nothing about Cornersville, including where they are located. lol). Does look like Lake County is starting to steamroll when they need to. I just worry about their depth compared to a Huntingdon.

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

I'll agree, at this point in this year. But if you don't win the gold this year. Epic fail

If anyone beats Greenback this year they will have earned a State championship. This senior class has been to 3 consecutive championship games and won the last one. They lost 1 starter on the offensive line and 1 back transferred out but we had 2 transfer in. We are better at every position this year without a doubt. If the Stanks make it to state it most definitely will not be an "Epic Fail" if they lose. 

On October 5, 2018 at 6:41 PM, sportsnutz said:

Huntingdon has a silver and about 4 "woulda,  coulda,  shoulda's"

Silver ball in 2012 shoulda been gold. Stripes got us again. As far as winning a gold ball this year it's stupid to say it's an epic failure if the Mustangs don't win it all. Greenback, Cornersville, South Pitt, Whitwell and Lake Co are very talented teams. 1a is as strong this year as I have ever seen it. I hope we go all the way but it's gonna be a tough road to travel. We just want to compete and play as many of these fine teams as we can. Gonna be fun win or lose.

• Upvote 1