South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Who knows, if they think they might see SP lose they might spend the money and make the quick trip up 28 to see the game. I’m sure the home side will be filled but it’s not going to surprise me if the visiting side isn’t overflowing as well! 

Plenty of other fans and teams that would like to see Whitwell fall as well! Going to be a exciting night to say the least and finally some fall weather to go with it!

Sure would like to have 70,67, 10,11 and 22 back for this game from last year!!! Those guys were lights out. The ones we have that are playing in there place are really good, but those ones I mentioned, they were a different breed!!!

Welcome to "The Hill"         

The vision of South Pittsburg High School is to advance student academic development and achievement. Each student must be challenged academically, graduate fully prepared for post-secondary learning opportunities and ready for the challenges of a career. 

About The School  

South Pittsburg High School

South Pittsburg High School was constructed in 1924 in the 700 block of Elm Avenue, its current location. The school was operated by the city until 1932 when it was sold to Marion County. In 1938 South Pittsburg Elementary School, also on Elm Avenue, had to be constructed because of the heavy traffic that had been created when several small rural schools closed and combined with South Pittsburg City School. Grades seven through twelve were kept at the high school as it still is today. In 1965 the fourty-one year old original school was torn down except for the gymnasium which was built in 1949. In 2008 the fifty-nine year old gymnasium was replaced with the Brooks-Fuqua Gymnasium. In 1974 a career and technical education wing was constructed which today is used for career and technical education courses, computer labs, and a band room. South Pittsburg High School has a rich tradition in athletics as well, including five Class A state championships in football, and one in baseball. Several boys’ basketball teams have won district and region championships, and girls’ softball has won several district championships and had one appearance in the state tournament. South Pittsburg High School’s faculty, staff and student organizations partner with the South Pittsburg Cornbread Festival each year to prov

Just now, The Drunken Sailor said:

And stayed City High I believe until 1933 after the original school burned down and the county took over.

I may be off on that a little but I think it is correct.  

Were we the Warriors? If we were you'd think some of those Jasper people would like us more!!! LOL..

7 minutes ago, sportman said:

Sure would like to have 70,67, 10,11 and 22 back for this game from last year!!! Those guys were lights out. The ones we have that are playing in there place are really good, but those ones I mentioned, they were a different breed!!!

They were definitely something to watch but #70 little brother is attempting to make his own reputation. More of the weight room and he’ll be one to watch in the next couple years..

1 minute ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

They were definitely something to watch but #70 little brother is attempting to make his own reputation. More of the weight room and he’ll be one to watch in the next couple years..

29 plays with alot of heart and when he gets that size to go with that heart, everybody had better look out!!!

• Upvote 1

The two best teams in the valley square off tomorrow night. Hoping for another Pirate victory but very proud of the Tigers too. I have lots of friends with kids at Whitwell whom I respect very much. No matter the outcome, we will see this matchup again in the 3rd round. Congrats to bothteams on an undefeated season to this point. 

Go Pirates

Edited by piratetom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, piratetom said:

The two best teams in the valley square off tomorrow night. Hoping for another Pirate victory but very proud of the Tigers too. I have lots of friends with kids at Whitwell whom I respect very much. No matter the outcome, we will see this matchup again in the 3rd round. Congrats to both on teams on an undefeated season to this point. 

Go Pirates

A voice of reason.  ^  PirateTom is a good guy. Hope your brother can make the game.

58 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

In my opinion there hasn't been a larger crowd since that game. 

I've seen some large crowds over the years and that one stands out to me also.  The 2011 crowd that traveled to Gordonsville was impressive for an away game. I've only gotten to see a handful of games since 2014 but I try to make the big games and a playoff game or two.