South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I believe both teams are coached very well.  I'm with the Drunken Sailor man when he says it will come down to who can win their one on one matchups. 

I am sure they are and l didnt mean to put down the Whitwell staff,but the coaching edge goes to Pitt.Games like this when the teams are most evenly matched always comes to down to the one on ones and the best team doesnt always win.Matchups in this one are huge.I wish it was a little closer would love to see it!Good luck to both and i hope all come out healthy!

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I believe both teams are coached very well.  I'm with the Drunken Sailor man when he says it will come down to who can win their one on one matchups. 

I've not seen South Pitt play, but I could see this game coming down to a last possession type of drive. Whitwell doesn't have quit in them that's for sure. If anything,  I watched them get better as the game progressed last week and effort didnt waiver when the game was on the line.

Edited by Imthayeti

49 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We will see if they have a "great" defense tonight hard to tell with these other teams they played none of them are really that good they will surely get a test tonight.

I can certainly see your point but I’m still struggling to see where Whitwell has been tested with this “great senior” team they have? 

Look either way it goes, “LITTLE BEAST FROM THE EAST” is waiting patiently in the shadows for either team! 

28 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I've not seen South Pitt play, but I could see this game coming down to a last possession type of drive. Whitwell doesn't have quit in them that's for sure. If anything,  I watched them get better as the game progressed last week and effort didnt waiver when the game was on the line.

Good to know! Haven’t seen SP quit in a game yet either! I have seen Coach Grider call the boys off and take a knee with 5:00 mins on the clock! Must be getting soft in his older years! 

Game night is finally upon us and this is the game everyone has talked about from day one! 

Strap those chin straps up tight tonight PIRATES, you’re going into the jungle to hunt some Tiger! Smash mouth football from the first whistle to the last! “BLOOD BLOOD, BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW GREEN!” Hitt’em hard and often and don’t stop! Set the tone early and don’t look back! Leave it all on the field and that’s all anyone can ask of you! 

Play Pirate football and let the best team win!

Pirates offense will be clicking in this game. I think the game comes down to special teams. In big games, like Greenback last year, our special teams has been subpar. Will Whitwell have great starting position or even score a touchdown or two on special teams is a big key to this game for me! I know they handed out cowbells to all the Whitwell faithful so it will be loud tonight! 

The most important thing I think in this game is does Whitwell really believe they can beat SP. I know all there fans and the player's and coaches say they can, but really is it just word of mouth that there saying that or do they believe without a shadow of doubt in there heart they can. There's a big difference. I know I have alot of kinfolk in Whitwell and alot of good freinds and after those games where SP beat them last year they came up to me and said, I knew we wouldn't beat yall. So, if there's any doubt like my kin and friends, is there doubt in the player's and coaches? Just saying bc since 1991 I have heard the old saying made famous by TN Vols, wait until next year!!!  Well, as for Whitwell, they better get it done this year bc they have an all star team for sure..