TCA@Lake Co

shockernation

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Huntingdon overall is a different animal. I hope both teams meet up so I can say told ya so. Some of you LC fans seem to be decent posters on here and Im sure yall will give credit where credit is due. You guys have had a great year and deserve the credit also. The only team I see beating them is that #1 team from the East and I only say that from what I have read on here. Not sure if they can beat them either tho. 

I haven't said LC will beat Hunt.,Cornersville,South Pitt or Whitwell.Be surprised if they would get beat by 3 touchdowns.But Hunt. is a different animal every year.They should be .One of the biggest Single A teams in the state.But lately,they suppose to be unbeatable and it didn't look that way.

1 hour ago, Waker said:

Hey big guy. Do you have any idea that other teams posters can comment on the Mustangs? Most of what you read on here is not by Huntingdon posters. Most of the comments are by opposing teams posters that have played against the Mustangs. Sounds like respect has been earned.

Then let me clarify....Tarzan chest thumping (the few posting) Huntingdon fans AND those ready to crown the blue and gold the "Kings of the West"....is that better?

In all seriousness, the only ones who should be considered favorites is the champs at Greenback and Dawgs at Cornersville, mainly because both teams are returning nearly everyone and were the teams that made it last year. They should rightfully so be getting the respect that they deserve. Does this mean Huntingdon doesn't deserve any respect? No. Their body of work says they deserve it too, just not to the degree of handing over the keys to be the automatic contender coming out of the west. They, like LC and everyone else in regions 5-8 have a shot each Friday night. That's why I said don't crown anyone yet until they have played the game. Weird things happen in high school football, just like they do in college (unranked Purdue knocking off #2 Ohio State for example). 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RedStateReject said:

Then let me clarify....Tarzan chest thumping (the few posting) Huntingdon fans AND those ready to crown the blue and gold the "Kings of the West"....is that better?

In all seriousness, the only ones who should be considered favorites is the champs at Greenback and Dawgs at Cornersville, mainly because both teams are returning nearly everyone and were the teams that made it last year. They should rightfully so be getting the respect that they deserve. Does this mean Huntingdon doesn't deserve any respect? No. Their body of work says they deserve it too, just not to the degree of handing over the keys to be the automatic contender coming out of the west. They, like LC and everyone else in regions 5-8 have a shot each Friday night. That's why I said don't crown anyone yet until they have played the game. Weird things happen in high school football, just like they do in college (unranked Purdue knocking off #2 Ohio State for example). 

Agree with you totally except tue Purdue thing !! Purdue was hot Buckeyes playes poor teams closer than they shoulda and where totally  1 D

1 hour ago, RedStateReject said:

Lake County fan? Im not on here trying to defend the Mustangs but I will try to defend my opinion. Huntingdon will be in cookeville and like one of the other posters said if not come back to this post and I will eat my crow and send my congrats. I do think they are a little weak against the pass so if you have a passing game like Waverly then you might have a chance but you will not run on them.

1 hour ago, RedStateReject said:

I agree

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Lake County fan? Im not on here trying to defend the Mustangs but I will try to defend my opinion. Huntingdon will be in cookeville and like one of the other posters said if not come back to this post and I will eat my crow and send my congrats. I do think they are a little weak against the pass so if you have a passing game like Waverly then you might have a chance but you will not run on them.

We can eat our crow together Vandy. I like mine medium well & you can even throw some Country Bob’s on there too :hungry:

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

You wont run or pass on cornersville  Just Saying 

• Upvote 1