South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Grider against that Clemons man)

Roy Dillard

11 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

He was much better last year although we contained him when TC played them. I was impressed watching film before we played.

He seemed much stronger, more disciplined, ran with a purpose, and in much  better condition last year. I did see film on him before we played this year. Senior-itis? Who knows?

He did not play against us this year. He had skipped lots of practices and workouts and finally got benched our game. He was probably glad about that. 

Does  SP have their usual speed?

The SP speed is just average 1A speed. Like PowerP said, it’s nothing like we’ve seen through the years. Unless the team is really bad they have struggled this season. 

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I think you all have been playin possum!:popcorneater:

Big guy, I sure wish I could say we have. The truth is this team is deficient in several areas. Sometimes I think they lack the fire required to play. Example last Friday. Monterey fumbles 6-7 times. SP doesn’t recover one of them. This team isn’t a bad team by any means. I just think they are a year away from having a chance to play for it all. Anything can happen, but as I’ve said before it’s hard to win with a tiny senior class when the teams you are playing have large, talented classes. Maybe it’s me, but I don’t see the fire, enthusiasm, and leadership I’ve seen in years past. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I think you all have been playin possum!:popcorneater:

We really haven't played well all year. I highly doubt we could play possum well enough to fool anyone.

PowerP said we haven't played a complete game all year. Truer words were never spoken.  

It's do or die time.  Hopefully those complete games we think we are capable of playing are still in the bag. Even so, it may not be enough.

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

We really haven't played well all year. I highly doubt we could play possum well enough to fool anyone.

PowerP said we haven't played a complete game all year. Truer words were never spoken.  

It's do or die time.  Hopefully those complete games we think we are capable of playing are still in the bag. Even so, it may not be enough.

I would like to see this team play a hard, physical, mistake free game this season vs a good team. If it’s not enough then we at least know we gave them our best shot. If that’s the case then it at least gives everyone a good peace of mind going into the offseason. I know people don’t like to hear it, but this is a young team. A lot of juniors and several sophomores play a lot on this team. I think they will miss the seniors in 2019, but overall be an improved team. 

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I would like to see this team play a hard, physical, mistake free game this season vs a good team. If it’s not enough then we at least know we gave them our best shot. If that’s the case then it at least gives everyone a good peace of mind going into the offseason. I know people don’t like to hear it, but this is a young team. A lot of juniors and several sophomores play a lot on this team. I think they will miss the seniors in 2019, but overall be an improved team. 

I think Friday will tell the tale.  If we can go into the jungle and take care of business from the very beginning, then we will have a shot the next week. 

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I think Friday will tell the tale.  If we can go into the jungle and take care of business from the very beginning, then we will have a shot the next week. 

From my sources over there, Gordonsville won a very weak region and do not have too many playmakers.

Edited by powerp

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don’t have a lot of confidence. We let Monterey hang around. I hope you are right though. Let’s just see this team compete and play well. Whatever happens happens. 

3 minutes ago, powerp said:

From my sources over there, Gordonsville won a very weak region and do not have too many playmakers.

That's why we need to take care of business from the start.  One can't wait to play a complete game when it will take that to have a chance the following week.  And like I said, it still may not be enough.