CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

1 minute ago, MustangNation007 said:

Waverly has a great offense but was one of the worst defenses I’ve seen all year and Milan was a very average team this year

I said that because those two are the ones that some of the Huntingdon fans kept crowing about and how the Mustangs defeated the mighty of 2 and 3A. I will say Waverly is still in the playoffs so that is an impressive win. At least you are an honest fan and that can be appreciated.

23 minutes ago, footballover said:

Willis 0 carries

Robinson 2 carries

Do I need to keep going? Those 2 lead the team in ypc. Unexcuseable. 

I can get behind this. It would be like us not running Whittaker and Woodard the entire game. I had heard quite a bit about those two young men. I said it on the radio during halftime how we had not seen #7 carry the ball in the first half. We were confused as well. 

2 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I said that because those two are the ones that some of the Huntingdon fans kept crowing about and how the Mustangs defeated the mighty of 2 and 3A. I will say Waverly is still in the playoffs so that is an impressive win. At least you are an honest fan and that can be appreciated.

Handful of “fans” on here make the whole town look bad. I was very impressed with cornersville and think the better team won. #22 is a stud! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MustangNation007 said:

Handful of “fans” on here make the whole town look bad. I was very impressed with cornersville and think the better team won. #22 is a stud! 

I’m another Huntingdon fan that agrees 100%. I thought last year we were the better team. This year they were the real deal. #22 has a passion for the game that is admirable. Pulling for you guys to win out

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

dont laugh but the forrest people are saying that series has a good chance of being renewed. forrest will have the best team they;ve had in at least 3 years and we have won the last 12 over c ville 

I hope so but I've heard the opposite. They're not returning our phone calls and our non region schedule is filling up. Our admins need to *67 them. No reason we don't play each other in high school , JV, and middle school for the next 5-6 years.

First i will say congrats to Huntingdon on all you accomplished this season.  I seen the Mustangs play  once in person this year against Colinwood.  First thing I said to someone after #7 carried the ball was why is he not  getting more carries.  Playing inferior teams brings a false sense of greatness.  #7 runs with a purpose, aggressiveness, and attitude.  So it mind boggles me on how he's not the focus of the offense.  

I'm not caling for Coach Swenson firing because its no one I can think of as a good fit with the so called Huntingdon Family, (Most of the coaches either grew up in Huntingdon or have ties to the area).  Hiring someone not from the area wouldn't work because i dont think he will play politics and all the other BS that goes on in Huntingdon.

• Like 1

I think Swenson only hurts himself when he fails to adapt to the flow of the game. Why continuously beat a dead horse? At some point you have to spread the field & throw some passes to open up a defense when they’re holding you in check. I was pulling for Huntingdon but the failure to adapt to change when need be continues to be a broken record. Huntingdon could have won this game but coaching showed to play a big factor. You have to give all of the credit to Cornersville for the effort, gameplan, & execution. Good luck Cornersville. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Be interesting to see if Cornersville schedules some good non region foes for next season. With the crowd y'all bring you should be an attractive opponent. I'll be disappointed if I see Perry Co on yalls schedule.

Nothing has been published yet that I am aware of. I spoke with him about it at the radio station off air and he threw out some big names in 2A and 3A. Perry County was a home and home as far as I know. 

• CoachT locked this topic