3A Title Game - Alcoa vs Covington

CHARGERFAN

I grew up about 9 miles from the Haywood-Tipton County line.  I played football against both Byars-Hall and Covington High, and I did my student teaching at Covington High.  Even though Haywood and Covington have always been rivals, I have always had the utmost respect for Covington and their football history and tradition.  This Tomcat fan is pulling for the Chargers to bring home the 3A gold ball.

7 hours ago, stacmot said:

I grew up about 9 miles from the Haywood-Tipton County line.  I played football against both Byars-Hall and Covington High, and I did my student teaching at Covington High.  Even though Haywood and Covington have always been rivals, I have always had the utmost respect for Covington and their football history and tradition.  This Tomcat fan is pulling for the Chargers to bring home the 3A gold ball.

You must be almost as old as I am. I graduated from Byars-Hall before it became Covington. Since Haywood and Covington are neighbors, I definitely am hoping for y'all to win the 4A Gold Ball. It's been a while since Haywood won a state championship, so it's about time for another one.