District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

7 hours ago, bleedblackandgold said:

You think these selfish parents moved her to Cleveland without talking to the coach first?  She was promised something!! If she is eligible, she will play. 

No I am sure Cleveland’s coach knew nothing about this and I am positive had no contact with the player. And with that being said I am 100% sure that he will do the honorable thing for his current players and not play this kid til next year. Trust the Process and that philosophy is working. 

On 1/25/2020 at 6:31 AM, SJF said:

No I am sure Cleveland’s coach knew nothing about this and I am positive had no contact with the player. And with that being said I am 100% sure that he will do the honorable thing for his current players and not play this kid til next year. Trust the Process and that philosophy is working. 

BUMP

On 1/25/2020 at 6:31 AM, SJF said:

High unlikely that Cleveland’s coach didn’t know.  I know for a fact that the player being discussed here has threatened multiple times this season to transfer to Cleveland.   Do you all forget that Williams was at East Hamilton and had Rhyne Howard as a star 8th grader playing on varsity??  Bradley’s Coach and other influential Cleveland “Elite” were able to close the deal and Howard was at Bradley as a ninth grader.  The player being mentioned here played at Cleveland Middle and should have been at CHS to start with. The tactics in Bradley County are as about as close as you get to the AAU scandals that have occurred over the last couple of years. Don’t be fooled.

Edited by Quatrefoil

I know one thing that is very certain. Kids that transfer and their families better read the by-laws in detail and double check with TSSAA before swapping schools. The kid’s situation that tried to transfer to Fayetteville’s football team ought to be a lesson to all.

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, Quatrefoil said:

High unlikely that Cleveland’s coach didn’t know.  I know for a fact that the player being discussed here has threatened multiple times this season to transfer to Cleveland.   Do you all forget that Williams was at East Hamilton and had Rhyne Howard as a star 8th grader playing on varsity??  Bradley’s Coach and other influential Cleveland “Elite” were able to close the deal and Howard was at Bradley as a ninth grader.  The player being mentioned here played at Cleveland Middle and should have been at CHS to start with. The tactics in Bradley County are as about as close as you get to the AAU scandals that have occurred over the last couple of years. Don’t be fooled.

FYI Tony Williams never coached Howard. He was at Rhea middle when Howard was in 8th grade. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I know one thing that is very certain. Kids that transfer and their families better read the by-laws in detail and double check with TSSAA before swapping schools. The kid’s situation that tried to transfer to Fayetteville’s football team ought to be a lesson to all.

Just like Fayetteville,  Cleveland is too good to risk having games forfeited by playing ineligible players.  I am assuming it will be up to the AD to clear her with the TSSAA like at most schools.  I don’t think it’s a coaches decision at all.   With their current roster, they are set to finish top two in the district and and easy path to the regions.  IMO they won’t risk playing her until she is cleared.  

13 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Just like Fayetteville,  Cleveland is too good to risk having games forfeited by playing ineligible players.  I am assuming it will be up to the AD to clear her with the TSSAA like at most schools.  I don’t think it’s a coaches decision at all.   With their current roster, they are set to finish top two in the district and and easy path to the regions.  IMO they won’t risk playing her until she is cleared.  

Some times lots of decisions are made on emotion and are not thought out. This is obviously a program changing player and all eyes will be on what happens. This is definitely a deal where all the I’s need dotted and the T’s crossed.

1 hour ago, Rosecoloredglasses said:

FYI Tony Williams never coached Howard. He was at Rhea middle when Howard was in 8th grade. 

You are correct...I stand corrected.  However there is no love between the two coaches.  In addition , I’m not sure there are many coaches out there that care for either one them as coaches. 

On 1/26/2020 at 10:23 AM, pioneer42 said:

Pretty sure this is the case here too.  From what I understand she is ineligible- and has asked to return to Bradley.  

3 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

Pretty sure this is the case here too.  From what I understand she is ineligible- and has asked to return to Bradley.  

Wow, if that’s the case what do you do as a coach, do you let her come back or do you say no and move forward? I know one thing it’s to close to tournament time for this much distraction.

19 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

I have thought all along it is Bradley or set out based on what has been said on this board when the dust settled. TSSAA may know now it is a basketball move and they may not be elgible for a bonafide move this season.

Edited by pioneer42