5A & 6A AP Poll

10 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

In my opinion Henry County has had the toughest schedule to this point of any team in 5A. Had to play Haywood and Beech on the road and Brentwood at home

That is correct and the Brentwood game is looking better and better on the resume. Could easily be a 1 loss team. Not sure what happened in H game - fell apart in 2nd half.

HC is a very good team .

12 minutes ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

That is correct and the Brentwood game is looking better and better on the resume. Could easily be a 1 loss team. Not sure what happened in H game - fell apart in 2nd half.

HC is a very good team .

The first game against Haywood we was just out of whack. Kept it 10-7 at halftime. Just was a young team learning on the road. Kind of just one of those things. Not a big deal now. That Brentwood game made up for it all

Great one im just calling it like I see it. I have a lot of respect for Gallatin and have always enjoyed attending games there. I just think from the outside looking in it appears that Gallatin SOS is a bit soft right now. Mt Juliet is best win in to date. Keep winning and the votes will come in. Right now I think I would kind of like the underdog role. 

Ok, I will say it... Gallatin is better than I thought they were going to be. Based on what I have seen, they are certainly deserving of a top 10 spot. Some say that Knoxville area 5A is better than middle and I’m not sure I buy that year in year out. The reality is for most teams, regions, areas... it’s cyclic. There are decent teams that have runs of being good and that makes their regions tougher in that given year. Then there are teams that are consistently good and have runs of being great teams. I would say over the last 10 years there are as many (or more) of those consistently good teams in Middle TN as in East TN. I can’t for the life of me figure this 5A poll out. 

3 minutes ago, eers said:

Ok, I will say it... Gallatin is better than I thought they were going to be. Based on what I have seen, they are certainly deserving of a top 10 spot. Some say that Knoxville area 5A is better than middle and I’m not sure I buy that year in year out. The reality is for most teams, regions, areas... it’s cyclic. There are decent teams that have runs of being good and that makes their regions tougher in that given year. Then there are teams that are consistently good and have runs of being great teams. I would say over the last 10 years there are as many (or more) of those consistently good teams in Middle TN as in East TN. I can’t for the life of me figure this 5A poll out. 

Year in year out, I agree. West, Powell & South Doyle all have teams that are the best they've had in awhile. 5A is probably the strongest classification this season, IMO

1 hour ago, eers said:

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Great one im just calling it like I see it. I have a lot of respect for Gallatin and have always enjoyed attending games there. I just think from the outside looking in it appears that Gallatin SOS is a bit soft right now. Mt Juliet is best win in to date. Keep winning and the votes will come in. Right now I think I would kind of like the underdog role. 

Beech is about where they need to be. Gallatin shouldn't HAVE TO beat the #2 team in 5A to be recognized as top 10...I think they shown in a 2 quarter jamboree vs Oakland that they have the players to play with anybody. (Jamboree, I know, but this is Oakland we're talking about. The best in 6A and possibly all classifications)

9 hours ago, workinprogress said:

For the record, I agree with your last statement and I don’t care if we are ranked or not.  I do not however follow your logic.  You said after they beat Hendersonville and Beech that they would get respect.  Yet we beat a Lebanon team that beat Hendersonville.  You said our SoS was soft, yet I know Kirby and Crockett have not played anybody as tough as who we have played.  According to Sonny Moore our strength of schedule is actually higher than 5 teams that are listed.  Again I am fine with where we are it just doesn’t make sense.  

25 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I never said anything about if you beat hendersonville and beech you would get respect. What I said was I respect gallatins program and if you keep winning and beat hendersonville and beech you will move up. Not sure what's hard to understand there. 

But what your'e saying is, lose one of those & go 9-1, still not crack top 10? But beat both and go 10-0, possibly move all the way to #2?????????

Again, I'm not trying to be argumentative over here, but I just don't understand the logic...

Edited by thegreatone36