SONNIE MOORE 2A TOP 10 SEPT 3rd

RocketHouse

7 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Greenback had that kid hurting. I respect all your guys opinions but Peabody would shut him down.

It looked like he was getting tired with about 2 minutes to go but he had just broken a 70 yard TD that got called back. While he was “hurting” he got great blocking — no hold— and went 70. Then proceeded to pick up first down, take 3 knees and end the game. That was after his 2nd pick. Greenback was cramping all over the field while he missed about 3 plays (did take big hit). Swafford isn’t only Meigs weapon though and that’s going to start showing. However, I watched Peabody and was very impressed and believe strongly they should be #1 but I believe IF these two meet it could be epic. 

39 minutes ago, Turu said:

It looked like he was getting tired with about 2 minutes to go but he had just broken a 70 yard TD that got called back. While he was “hurting” he got great blocking — no hold— and went 70. Then proceeded to pick up first down, take 3 knees and end the game. That was after his 2nd pick. Greenback was cramping all over the field while he missed about 3 plays (did take big hit). Swafford isn’t only Meigs weapon though and that’s going to start showing. However, I watched Peabody and was very impressed and believe strongly they should be #1 but I believe IF these two meet it could be epic. 

Went back and watched film,i seen the arms out but that wasnt a hold you are correct it was a HUGE block in the back that was the call,wasnt no mistaken that.But the man ran the ball like a msn all night.But you are mistaken if Swafford is off the field you get beat by at least 14.HE was/is the difference maker!!Mr Football is enough said!

I watched some Peabody also they are the better team of the two by far right now.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Went back and watched film,i seen the arms out but that wasnt a hold you are correct it was a HUGE block in the back that was the call,wasnt no mistaken that.But the man ran the ball like a msn all night.But you are mistaken if Swafford is off the field you get beat by at least 14.HE was/is the difference maker!!Mr Football is enough said!

I watched some Peabody also they are the better team of the two by far right now.

I wont downplay the importance of Swafford on the field as he is a Mr. Football winner for a reason. He has proved this himself countless times on the field for this being the 4th year. But your eyes haven't been opened to what Logan Carrol can do either when he has the Football. He lacks the size of Swafford right now as a Sophomore, but makes up for it in ability and determination. Not to mention he may be the toughest guy on the field at any point in time. I've seen him play multiple times and I am a believer. I'll say this if we had to play again as Logan as qb I'm still not sure who would win. That's how I value his athletic ability and QB ability and also what he means to the team being on the field. Just my opinion.

13 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Greenback had that kid hurting. I respect all your guys opinions but Peabody would shut him down.

I believe a post above elaborated on this, but he played about 120 snaps. The only sign of "hurt" that I noticed was after he gashed GB's defense for another 80yard touchdown, it got called back, and had to walk back the length of the field for another play. I believe that was just him being tired and not "hurt."

Admittedly, I have not seen Peabody play or watched any film on them, and to be honest, I don't really want to. I have better things to do. However, if Meigs improves enough to *maybe* have a chance at them in Cookeville, I think you will be surprised. We have a lot of work to do before we can think about that though.