AP CLASS 2A POLL OCT 14, 2019

Southtowner

4 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I still don’t understand how Peabody isn’t unanimous #1. Especially after Meigs loss now 

It is because most AP Sports writers are recent graduates of special education. The two sportswriters who did not vote for Peabody are not even that bright.

Edited by ReitzFan

15 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

Seniors at Peabody are 31-4 in the last three years. The year they were sophomores they lost three games. Milan once and then to the eventual state champions Union City in 17. All the games lost in the last three years were 7 or less points difference. I think that’s right.

Why would such a dominant team not want to challenge themselves in non-region games especially when the region is uncharacteristically down? There's no shortage of posts about how great this team is and will be in the future but their non-region games over the next two seasons will be:

Milan 4-3

Sheffield 1-7

South Side 2-5

Obion Co.  1-7

Washington 4-4

They have no problem scheduling games with mediocre Memphis teams. Why not an elite Memphis or North MS matchup? Huntingdon or Lake County would have been excellent tests this season to give the team some statewide attention. Meigs County went out of region for two top 1A  teams. Fairley and Haywood County both tried MS teams for a challenge. 

When it's a given that your the top in 2A, give the kids a challenge. 

16 minutes ago, Salem said:

Why would such a dominant team not want to challenge themselves in non-region games especially when the region is uncharacteristically down? There's no shortage of posts about how great this team is and will be in the future but their non-region games over the next two seasons will be:

Milan 4-3

Sheffield 1-7

South Side 2-5

Obion Co.  1-7

Washington 4-4

They have no problem scheduling games with mediocre Memphis teams. Why not an elite Memphis or North MS matchup? Huntingdon or Lake County would have been excellent tests this season to give the team some statewide attention. Meigs County went out of region for two top 1A  teams. Fairley and Haywood County both tried MS teams for a challenge. 

The other teams refused to play us.

haywood, Henry County, Lake County, Dyersburg didn’t want to play us. We tried. 

37 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

I think a few of them didn’t want to play but I think some of them just didn’t fit in the schedule. I’m pretty sure he tried Huntingdon too 

56 minutes ago, Salem said:

Milan 4-3

Sheffield 1-7

South Side 2-5

Obion Co.  1-7

Washington 4-4

We aren’t traveling to Memphis to play and I’m pretty sure most “elite “ Memphis teams wouldn’t travel to Trenton.  No one wants to play in Memphis 

41 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

I have nothing against Peabody but I know for an absolute fact that a call was never made to try to schedule Lake County. LC was looking for games themselves. Like I said I know for an absolute fact Peabody didn't try to schedule Lake County.

17 hours ago, H2Oman said:

You’ve seen both H2O and Meigs now ( though H2O was a scrimmage and it was early in the year) I know it’s hard to compare the two, but do you think Meigs and H2O would be a competitive matchup?

I believe it would be a game worth seeing as it would be competitive in my view.   If I were to pick a winner I'd give Meigs the edge by a touchdown or less.   

Beating Meigs won't be easy.  You'd have to be balanced in so much as mixing in some passes.  You'd also have to have some good rotation in your front lines on both sides of the ball.  We were solid in all phases during the game.  Plus our coaching staff is top notch.  

A glimpse of Sonny Moore Ratings.

30 PEABODY 2A 7 0 0 85.61 118.05

31 TROUSDALE COUNTY 2A 6 1 0 93.20 117.60

63 MEIGS COUNTY 2A 6 1 0 89.73 111.90

78 TYNER 2A 4 3 0 100.60 108.51

92 WATERTOWN 2A 6 1 0 91.51 105.27

103 FORREST 2A 7 0 0 84.75 103.61

133 HOUSTON COUNTY 2A 7 0 0 70.53 96.96

136 ONEIDA 2A 6 2 0 88.91 96.68

144 SOUTH GREENE 2A 8 0 0 75.11 95.50

149 McKENZIE 2A 4 3 0 92.52 95.13

https://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/h-s-foot.htm

17 hours ago, H2Oman said:

You’ve seen both H2O and Meigs now ( though H2O was a scrimmage and it was early in the year) I know it’s hard to compare the two, but do you think Meigs and H2O would be a competitive matchup?

Its looks as if you plan on making the trip down if both teams are fortunate enough to make the semis. Would be fun. Hopefully if it happens that way both teams will only have one loss. Our game with Oneida should tell you where you stand with Upperman most likely. If we get demolished your in trouble. :thumb:

18 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I disagree we havent had to play into the 2nd half, I am very worried our boys might get hit in the mouth come playoffs and can only hope they react !!!! Dont get me wrong we have 4 A depth on a 2A squad and we will again next year but any given game can be a let down....

I agree but I think your coaching is too good to let the boys have a let down. That's a huge factor too. I don't just know the coaching staff of every 2A team but I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find one as good. 

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

All year long I have seen “Well we beat Milan” or “So and so barely beat Milan” or “Milan beat so and so”. Doesn’t bother me just think we are a measuring stick for a lot of people. 

One reason I guess is because y'all play so many good teams. One thing for sure y'all ain't afraid of a fight and your schedule shows it.