Heritage high school

Distressedfan

1 minute ago, HTV said:

Football stadiums are used by more than just football teams in this day and time.  Football, soccer both boys and girls, lacrosse, band, and other groups use them.  A basic stadium should be provided.  

But the field houses for individual sports aren't a necessity. They are luxaries that aren't essential for sports to be played.  Those should be up to the booster clubs and communities to decide if they are necessary or not.  

The plan for WB and Heritage was to build new field houses and give the old ones to the middle school teams.

I don't know about Heritage, but the WB field house has major issues that make it a health hazard. Hardly a luxury.

3 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

The plan for WB and Heritage was to build new field houses and give the old ones to the middle school teams.

I don't know about Heritage, but the WB field house has major issues that make it a health hazard. Hardly a luxury.

Great.  If Blount County taxpayers are willing to fund them, then git er done.  

But taxpayers in most counties in this day and time are calling for a little more common sense and accountability from its elected leaders.  

13 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

A lott ov goodur points haiv ben brawt upp.....Tha solewshun iz simpull inn my opinyun.....Lett tha cownty tacks payers pay whut tha citty tacks payurs pays and tha cood haiv lotts bettur skools, feeleds, and feeled houses.......Momma stroked a check two Scott Graves att Blunt Cownty a cupple weaks ago and tha rasculls ere steel knott sharin' eqwully wif tha citty skools.....We cawl hit tacksashun wifout representashun inn thes parts....<_<

It is very difficult for the county to raise money, and the cities have a greater advantage when it comes to revenue. The county has trouble raising taxes because it’s unpopular, and people within the city limits, who have a voice in county government, complain about double taxation. When the cities want to raise additional funds they simply go annex more areas of the county, and expand their tax base without having to raise taxes on their current residents. 

2 hours ago, HHSFB10 said:

The county has trouble raising taxes because it’s unpopular, and people within the city limits, who have a voice in county government, complain about double taxation. 

Welp lett me innurjeck rite hear whur tha rubber meats tha rode......

a. Tha cownty duz knott raze tackus becaws hits unpopular =  no moore munny

2. Tha citty peepull hoo haiv a voyce inn cownty guvermint, complane abowt dubble tackus, and wundur why tha Blunt Cownty Skool Sistem duz knott shair thair tacks munny eqwully wif tha citty skools = thay pony upp ennyhow popular orr knott.......:popcorneater:

Related image

Edited by STARSNBARS

17 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Sort of like the ones today who put their kids in other schools for sports and wonder why WB and Heritage struggle. lol

Those folks didn't have a voice in the decision to consolidate the schools, they were too young in the late 70s.  However, maybe by taking their kids to different schools they are voicing their opinion now as adults when they couldn't as minors being shipped off from their communities.

Again you are trying to redirect instead of providing a logical, reasonable and acceptable answer to the question. Why does Greenback not lose kids to other schools?

I'll give you another one. Why did only one starter from WB's football teams from 1983-1988 send his kids to play football at another school?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Welp lett me innurjeck rite hear whur tha rubber meats tha rode......

a. Tha cownty duz knott raze tackus becaws hits unpopular =  no moore munny

2. Tha citty peepull hoo haiv a voyce inn cownty guvermint, complane abowt dubble tackus, and wundur why tha Blunt Cownty Skool Sistem duz knott shair thair tacks munny eqwully wif tha citty skools = thay pony upp ennyhow popular orr knott.......:popcorneater:

Related image

You don't believe fund 77 is fair, I don't believe its fair the city of Maryville is allowed to annex all the way up to within 1/4 mile of Heritage, or along the entire route of the proposed parkway extension to expand its tax base.  

7 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Those folks didn't have a voice in the decision to consolidate the schools, they were too young in the late 70s.  However, maybe by taking their kids to different schools they are voicing their opinion now as adults when they couldn't as minors being shipped off from their communities.

Again you are trying to redirect instead of providing a logical, reasonable and acceptable answer to the question. Why does Greenback not lose kids to other schools?

I'll give you another one. Why did only one starter from WB's football teams from 1983-1988 send his kids to play football at another school?

I think a 1983 starter's son was the first WB legacy to play at MHS.  (I won't put names on here, because they stay on the interwebz 4 ever) 

3 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

You don't believe fund 77 is fair, I don't believe its fair the city of Maryville is allowed to annex all the way up to within 1/4 mile of Heritage, or along the entire route of the proposed parkway extension to expand its tax base.  

Maryville's city limits touches WB's huge footprint. 

15 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Holy Crow! Its like an echo chamber! Blame the kids and their parents for "leaving" the program. The same old brainwashed mantra that holds a tight grip on the throat of success. Do not address the REASONS.

WBs best player in 1983-1984 sent his son to Alcoa . Kid was Allstate and played at UK. 1985 WB's starting RB and possibly best LB ever sent their kids to Maryville along with LBs nephews. 1986 WBs best Player sent his son to Alcoa, he was all state and plays in college. 1987 WB's starting and backup QBs sent their sons to Maryville. Safety/RB sent two sons to Maryville, I think both were all state safeties. WR/S 's son kicker for Maryville. WBs starting RB in 87 sent his kid to a different school. WB 88's best lineman sends his kids to Maryville.  Another All County Player from WB 87 sent his kids to city school.

In 2014 All three fathers of Maryville's 1st , 2nd and 3rd string QBs played football at WB in the 80s .

1993 WB had one of the most gifted linemen ever, Legit 450 bench in Hs and could move. He sent his kids to Alcoa.

That's just off the top of my head.

That many high quality individuals over that many years, making the same decision says a lot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

WBs best player in 1983-1984 sent his son to Alcoa . Kid was Allstate and played at UK. 1985 WB's starting RB and possibly best LB ever sent their kids to Maryville along with LBs nephews. 1986 WBs best Player sent his son to Alcoa, he was all state and plays in college. 1987 WB's starting and backup QBs sent their sons to Maryville. Safety/RB sent two sons to Maryville, I think both were all state safeties. WR/S 's son kicker for Maryville. WBs starting RB in 87 sent his kid to a different school. WB 88's best lineman sends his kids to Maryville.  Another All County Player from WB 87 sent his kids to city school.

In 2014 All three fathers of Maryville's 1st , 2nd and 3rd string QBs played football at WB in the 80s .

1993 WB had one of the most gifted linemen ever, Legit 450 bench in Hs and could move. He sent his kids to Alcoa.

That's just off the top of my head.

That many high quality individuals over that many years, making the same decision says a lot.

Pretty good memory.