Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

13 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Without giving too much personal information (I hope this hasn't been covered yet) I know the player moved to an address in Lincoln County that was outside of Fayetteville city limits (bus zone/whatever). How far did he move. Did he play at a TSSAA school last year or did he move in from out of state. Just trying to understand all the details.

11 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I ask the same question.I was told he came from Alabama and moved into the area where he could attend FHS.Thats why i am confused as long as he moved there it really shouldn't matter if the accept city and county students.

If it is the player I think it is, he played for Hazel Green, AL in 2017 and Sparkman, AL in 2018. Not sure as to when he moved in(was told yesterday he lived in Lincoln county most of his life). He was plaing in Alabama last season. I do hope something gets worked out. This is getting more and more messy by the minute.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I ask the same question.I was told he came from Alabama and moved into the area where he could attend FHS.Thats why i am confused as long as he moved there it really shouldn't matter if the accept city and county students.

Agree as well.  Assuming those are the facts not sure what the problem was/is.  Hopefully the resolution will make clear/transparent what the issue(s) were.

55 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Gene Meenes returned my email. Gave him my number.   We had a small phone chat.  Pretty tight lipped about the situation as he should be.  I'm looking forward to an open and honest review of what has transpired.  Transparency goes a long way.

ST, Old Pirate wondering Ifin you asked that Meenes feller about the Whitwell video the TSSAA ignored last year allowing the ineligible player to aid in stealing the Gold in 1A in 2018? 

• Upvote 1