Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

17 minutes ago, Beagle said:

As much as I want him here in Camden  your answer is just down the street across the county line.Young,smart ,The kids love him and he tough loves them back.  Coach Josh Wolfe West Carroll.  He does so much with very little talent and or community support.You will never leave a game saying..what was coach thinking there?  he  gets "it" 

When he goes by the book  you agree when he goes off script youre like thats what we had to do to get back in this game..  I can not talk the man up enough and no we are not kin or even friends  just friendly. Like I said  I want him here but mostly I want him to have a bigger stage and a little help from the place he coaches.

Sounds like Milan already has their guy. Wolfe will be heading back to Lion Country.

1 hour ago, dhstennis said:

ahahahhaahahahhahaah  that man is NOT leaving Olive Branch for any positions currently open in West TN 

the type of football he is coaching against is so many levels above where we all are...it just wouldn't make sense for him...he has everything at his fingertips at OB:  community support, fantastic athletes and top level competition, not to mention im sure it pays better than small town West TN

that being said...any program that lands him would be incredibly fortunate to have his work ethic and skill set

we should start a thread of most desired openings in West TN...pros and cons...id even go so far as to say Milan is the #1 destination...and I hate typing that

Without putting much thought into it... Milan, USJ, Dyersburg... in no particular order. There are others that can argue their status (and maybe someone that I'm forgetting), but these three leap to mind first.

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

As much as I want him here in Camden  your answer is just down the street across the county line.Young,smart ,The kids love him and he tough loves them back.  Coach Josh Wolfe West Carroll.  He does so much with very little talent and or community support.You will never leave a game saying..what was coach thinking there?  he  gets "it" 

When he goes by the book  you agree when he goes off script youre like thats what we had to do to get back in this game..  I can not talk the man up enough and no we are not kin or even friends  just friendly. Like I said  I want him here but mostly I want him to have a bigger stage and a little help from the place he coaches.

The thought had definitely crossed my mind. He would be a good one. 

32 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I can assure you they don’t. 

Then Coach Wolfe has my full endorsement! 

I would imagine that Ward would get the first call. Vowell (and Marley if interested )and Josh.   I’m certain the candidates will be premium and  bountiful. Heck I might put in myself, I was hard to beat on Tecmo back in the day.

Just now, Trojan said:

For the love of God please take Stowe. We will even throw in a bad defensive coordinator.

you can keep Stowe....and Milan doesn't need any more bad assistant coaches....we currently have plenty...and I hate Teddy is burning all his bridges and using the race card....14-11 in 2 seasons with teams loaded with talent.....and he has the gall to compare himself to coach Morris....who by the way went 222-69 in 21 seasons with 2 gold and 4 silver balls....could have been 6 golds if not for the private/public schools who are allowed to recruit and Milan played with "what gets off that yellow bus" kids...

3 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

If they get Tab Vowell then they definitely upgraded. I can tell you he wasn’t fired for his race he was fired because he didn’t think the rules applied to him. His x’s and O’s were lacking .And arrogant as well.

I was shocked in the 2nd half when Huntingdon played Milan. They completely abandoned what was working and got away from what they were killing Huntingdon with. Play calling was horrible for the Bulldogs in the 2nd half 

8 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I just am still in shock about these comments rolling in from him. How much say is superintendent Criswell have in this coaching search

hard to say....but he was in the decision to promote Teddy 2 years ago which raised alot of eyebrows since he had no hc experience (over 50 plus other applicants with impressive resumes)...my nephew is on the school board and he said they're left in the dark about these decisions...sounds like it's principal Greg Scott's call....

Edited by cofo

25 minutes ago, cofo said:

you can keep Stowe....and Milan doesn't need any more bad assistant coaches....we currently have plenty...and I hate Teddy is burning all his bridges and using the race card....14-11 in 2 seasons with teams loaded with talent.....and he has the gall to compare himself to coach Morris....who by the way went 222-69 in 21 seasons with 2 gold and 4 silver balls....could have been 6 golds if not for the private/public schools who are allowed to recruit and Milan played with "what gets off that yellow bus" kids...

To insinuate that Milan has just played with "what gets off the yellow bus kids" is laughable. You seem to forget about Milan having to Forfeit games a few years ago for playing a kid who did not even live in Gibson County much less Milan. Just my one example leaves your argument laughable. However we are not here to have a public/private debate on this thread.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Without putting much thought into it... Milan, USJ, Dyersburg... in no particular order. There are others that can argue their status (and maybe someone that I'm forgetting), but these three leap to mind first.

I'm not so sure that I would put usj on that list. Sure they have a nice turf field and great secondary facilities such as locker rooms and such. What would make usj not such a great job opening would be many of these self-entitled parents and certain boosters who want to run the show there.. They eventually got Marley and it only took one year for them to run off Mickey's replacement. Perhaps your friend will have better luck in dealing with that circus. Time will tell. However this isn't the thread for that argument

Edited by ReitzFan