Redneck Buried-ville thread (Okelund-Mairvul)

STARSNBARS

8 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

I don’t know for sure who the Oompa Loompa or VP reference is for but I will say this... this is one of the best MARYVILLE teams that I’ve seen in 15 yrs. No they aren’t professionals and they do make mistakes form time to time but what they don’t do is dwell on them like some on here do.  I’ll probably take offense to those comments as I do have 2 kids on the team ( neither are starters) but yes I do support these coaches and these kids and have been recently accused of worshipping them like gods lol but no it’s just called supporting the program for the sake of the program and not airing dirty laundry or other BS and I’m didn’t even go to MARYVILLE.  Truth is these 2 teams are 2 of the best in the state and we should all be proud of them. Sometimes people just can’t get over getting their butt hurt and it does change the way they view things.   Yes we have made mistakes but we ride into this game with a 13-0 record just the same. Seems like maybe our inferior team may have learned something from those mistakes.     Oompa Loompas and all

We are the luckiest Football fans in the State of Tennessee. I realize that part of being a college and Professional Football fan is getting to ###### and moan about every player , coach , or owner ... some take the bitching nearly to a professional level ... High School football is totally different ... these kids for the most part aren't getting nothing but sweat to play on a football team ... now just think about the success that Maryville has had ... let's just talk about 6A ... the last 10 years ... Maryville has 5 of the 10 State Championships ... What would Tn Fans feel like if TN Averaged a Championship every other year ? Now what would most TN fans feel about another fan who tried their best to find something to ###### about ?? Throw in another 12 Championships on top of those 5 ... and anyone is unhappy right now that we're sitting at 13-0 ?? ... and the only close game we've had all year is a 17-3 win over Alcoa without Tee Hodge playing a down ? Even if we lose Friday night , and Oakland proves to be too tough , I consider it an honor to have watched these young men come together like they have this year . 

I'm just like most Fans here on the T , played a little , wasn't even very good , but I loved being on Maryville high school's Football team .... I've watched a Lot of Football my whole life ... consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Football fan ... but I've had the Privilege of sitting beside some Football Coaches from the High School , Junior College , and D-1 College Football level ... who do it for their Profession . When you realize how much thought , and analyzing goes into everything they do ... Plus when you hear someone like that seeing everything on the field at a Glance ... well all I can say is ... I trust our Coaches here at Maryville ... I know if I've noticed something ... they noticed it and have been working on it long before I would have . All high School teams make mistakes ... anyone who doesn't think some of Quarles teams didn't , needs to go back and watch the Film . 

Edited by pepvol
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, pepvol said:

We are the luckiest Football fans in the State of Tennessee. I realize that part of being a college and Professional Football fan is getting to ###### and moan about every player , coach , or owner ... some take the bitching nearly to a professional level ... High School football is totally different ... these kids for the most part aren't getting nothing but sweat to play on a football team ... now just think about the success that Maryville has had ... let's just talk about 6A ... the last 10 years ... Maryville has 5 of the 10 State Championships ... What would Tn Fans feel like if TN Averaged a Championship every other year ? Now what would most TN fans feel about another fan who tried their best to find something to ###### about ?? Throw in another 12 Championships on top of those 5 ... and anyone is unhappy right now that we're sitting at 13-0 ?? ... and the only close game we've had all year is a 14-3 win over Alcoa without Tee Hodge playing a down ? Even if we lose Friday night , and Oakland proves to be tough , I consider it an honor to have watched these young men come together like they have this year . 

I'm just like most Fans here on the T , played a little , wasn't even very good , but I loved being on Maryville high school's Football team .... I've watched a Lot of Football my whole life ... consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Football fan ... but I've had the Privilege of sitting beside some Football Coaches from the High School , Junior College , and D-1 College Football level ... who do it for their Profession . When you realize how much thought , and analyzing goes into everything they do ... Plus when you hear someone like that seeing everything on the field at a Glance ... well all I can say is ... I trust our Coaches here at Maryville ... I know if I've noticed something ... they noticed it and have been working on it long before I would have . All high School teams make mistakes ... anyone who doesn't think some of Quarles teams didn't , needs to go back and watch the Film . 

I agree with everything you said except we beat Alcoa 17-3. :razz:

5 hours ago, JRB said:

For larger attended games at Maryville, are we talking 5,000, 7,500, 10,000 people?  Just trying to get a sense of what the stadium holds.

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

4,432 and if full but the fat lady in row 15 has to set on one cheek with the other hanging out into the isle if everyone shows up.

I never was much good at the numbers as Stars and Barn handle all the calculations in murvil. Hopefully, the stands will be generally full, and it will be about 3-4 rows deep around the field. Just like the old Alcoa games prior to TV games, streamed games, and $7 tix. We don't have a track around the field so it feels perfect when the fans are right on top of the action. Lets hope for gooder weather.

Edited by strongx
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, strongx said:

I never was much good at the numbers as Stars and Barn handle all the calculations in murvil. Hopefully, the stands will be generally full, and it will be about 3-4 rows deep around the field. Just like the old Alcoa games prior to TV games, streamed games, and $7 tix. We don't have a track around the field so it feels perfect when the fans are right on top of the action. Lets hope for gooder weather.

The average seat is 21 inches, I have programs on my computer that can zero down onto the last inch. Most places are very easy to measure, especially the visitor side. Seriously the home side at Maryville seats 2,896 and the visitor side seats 1,464 for a total of 4,360 to capacity. Now we need a sign at the entrance that reads "Barney says 4,360 is the number." If your 4,361 your standing.

Edited by BarneySox2007

11 hours ago, pepvol said:

We are the luckiest Football fans in the State of Tennessee. I realize that part of being a college and Professional Football fan is getting to ###### and moan about every player , coach , or owner ... some take the bitching nearly to a professional level ... High School football is totally different ... these kids for the most part aren't getting nothing but sweat to play on a football team ... now just think about the success that Maryville has had ... let's just talk about 6A ... the last 10 years ... Maryville has 5 of the 10 State Championships ... What would Tn Fans feel like if TN Averaged a Championship every other year ? Now what would most TN fans feel about another fan who tried their best to find something to ###### about ?? Throw in another 12 Championships on top of those 5 ... and anyone is unhappy right now that we're sitting at 13-0 ?? ... and the only close game we've had all year is a 17-3 win over Alcoa without Tee Hodge playing a down ? Even if we lose Friday night , and Oakland proves to be too tough , I consider it an honor to have watched these young men come together like they have this year . 

You were very lucky to be on 2 championship teams and that was back when they picked the best 8 teams in the state in 3 classes. I'll go to my grave saying had your brother been the QB my last year especially in that last game Maryville would have another trophy in the case. Never will forget that first game with Loudon that year we couldn't even get a first down and they stuck your brother in and he drove us down the field to the 3 yard line and we miss a field goal. Then we go back to the other QB and end out in a 0-0 tie which we did win in the 4th overtime. You know why I harp about the four on the kickoff that watched the live ball get recovered by the other team, the same very thing happened to us against Rule on the season opening kickoff and it was like a flashback that wasn't to funny then but it is now. The other funny mistake that year was in the same game your brother punted the ball and it went straight up in the air , came down and bounced backward behind him. Never seen that happen in a game since until a few years ago and it so happened your brother made the trip home to see that game and I went up to him laughing about that golden memory. In the long run a lot of those things are funny. I know every team makes mistakes but the golden rule is the team that makes the least usually wins. First of the season there were some unbelievable things that happened and for the most part Coach Hunt has done a great job getting those bugs worked out. He has this team primed and ready. Whatever happens Friday Night this will be one of my favorite teams considering that first scrimmage which was exactly what the doctor ordered.

30 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You were very lucky to be on 2 championship teams and that was back when they picked the best 8 teams in the state in 3 classes. I'll go to my grave saying had your brother been the QB my last year especially in that last game Maryville would have another trophy in the case. Never will forget that first game with Loudon that year we couldn't even get a first down and they stuck your brother in and he drove us down the field to the 3 yard line and we miss a field goal. Then we go back to the other QB and end out in a 0-0 tie which we did win in the 4th overtime. You know why I harp about the four on the kickoff that watched the live ball get recovered by the other team, the same very thing happened to us against Rule on the season opening kickoff and it was like a flashback that wasn't to funny then but it is now. The other funny mistake that year was in the same game your brother punted the ball and it went straight up in the air , came down and bounced backward behind him. Never seen that happen in a game since until a few years ago and it so happened your brother made the trip home to see that game and I went up to him laughing about that golden memory. In the long run a lot of those things are funny. I know every team makes mistakes but the golden rule is the team that makes the least usually wins. First of the season there were some unbelievable things that happened and for the most part Coach Hunt has done a great job getting those bugs worked out. He has this team primed and ready. Whatever happens Friday Night this will be one of my favorite teams considering that first scrimmage which was exactly what the doctor ordered.

LoL, I hadn’t thought about the backwards punt in a long time !! I don’t remember seeing it but I do remember hearing about it ! LoL! It amazes me how you , Starz and Rebelron can remember details to games from over 40 years ago !  Rebelron can tell me about a game from when I played and I don’t even remember it . Seriously you guys should get together and write a book about Maryville high school football history and all the great characters and stories from the past . I do have a few funny stories I remember that are hilarious! 

We definitely are lucky to be from such a Great school with such a historic past . A couple years ago when we had the reunion for the 77,78&79 classes and celebrated the Football teams from 76,77, & 78 the night before at the Fulton ball game I couldn’t believe how much fun it was to reconnect with so many great people and former Rebels . “  I’m not big on social graces “  to quote Garth , but I had a ball that weekend. What’s funny is I still remember Coaches Ted Wilson, Lynn Brown & Don Story telling us all how much we would appreciate being a part of those Championship teams and how the older we got the more that would mean to us ... lord those guys were some Sharp Coaches and Great Men 

18 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Since Maryville started this run in 1997 they are 317 21. That is getting it done.  Us Maryville fans have been blessed.  In that time frame Maryville has won 13 State Titles and  5 Runner Ups.  

In the last 25 years, Maryville's record is 340-31 with 24 playoff appearances, 21 Region Championships and 21 trips to Semifinals.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

In the last 25 years, Maryville's record is 340-31 with 24 playoff appearances, 21 Region Championships and 21 trips to Semifinals.

Question for all Maryville folks: was there ever a team in this 25 yr stretch that made the semifinals that took you by suprise? I know GQ had a team win state that started 0-4 ( 99 or 2000 maybe?), any others ?