1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

1 minute ago, team69 said:

I guess you ain't seen the texts..y'all keep on and their going to be posted.

Don’t need to see them, I’m only stating what I heard and saw. I feel, if what I assume is an adult, calling a kid a punk on this site for a stair, and a fan base shouting derogatory boo’s and other noises and words at the same kid/kids while they are warming up before the game when they dropped a punts is hypocritical. SP has obviously a passionate fan base as they should be, their young men are very talented and deserved to win the game as much as GB as they played a great game. I am only saying what happened goes both ways. 

Just now, Makinplays said:

Don’t need to see them, I’m only stating what I heard and saw. I feel, if what I assume is an adult, calling a kid a punk on this site for a stair, and a fan base shouting derogatory boo’s and other noises and words at the same kid/kids while they are warming up before the game when they dropped a punts is hypocritical. SP has obviously a passionate fan base as they should be, their young men are very talented and deserved to win the game as much as GB as they played a great game. I am only saying what happened goes both ways. 

Things were done by both sides which were probably instigated by adults to begin with. I'm not going to read this BS by anyone who calls my hometown classless and act like it wouldn't provoked. Both teams are made up of good people as I'm sure both communities are but there's always two sides of a story.

19 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

You need to worry about Peabody.  That big P on the helmet might bring back some bad memories for your boys.

Not at all bud, I seen how yall performed without your qb. its a testament to how great players being absent or not 100 % can affect the game. were healthy now. we are looking forward to our next game.

1 hour ago, UncleDave said:

Well when he is glaring at kids and parents and not the people that said anything...yeah it is trash!  He had been pumped up to be a good Christian kid...that is not the attributes I was taught.  That was a punk move I do not care if his daddy,  brother, mom or whoever comes on here and defends him.  If I was a college coach, no matter the ability that crap would turn me off. 

You need to quit sniffing Greenback tail...you still pissed because Pittsburg handled your awesome team.

There’s a reason you’re sitting in your parent’s basement posting this garbage behind a computer screen while ACTUAL college coaches want the kid to come play for them. Willis is a TALENT. You’re just salty that he and Carnes torched your vaunted defense. 
I played against Willis and his older brother. Both of them were class acts and a big part of the reason why I have so much respect for GB. You’re for sure in the minority on this topic pal. 

1 minute ago, TigerGoat said:

There’s a reason you’re sitting in your parent’s basement posting this garbage behind a computer screen while ACTUAL college coaches want the kid to come play for them. Willis is a TALENT. You’re just salty that he and Carnes torched your vaunted defense. 
I played against Willis and his older brother. Both of them were class acts and a big part of the reason why I have so much respect for GB. You’re for sure in the minority on this topic pal. 

good post

5 hours ago, crow said:

I'll embed it for ya. 

Back to the play. Only thing definite from this view is the blocking back was leaning forward at the snap. Should have been a 5 yard pre-snap penalty. 

Camera angle is off just enough to make it inconclusive on whether the ball crossed the plane and you can't even see the ball carriers legs to determine if he was down.  The official on this side closest to the camera and the ball never gave any indication the ball was across. 

22 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Not at all bud, I seen how yall performed without your qb. its a testament to how great players being absent or not 100 % can affect the game. were healthy now. we are looking forward to our next game.

Funny...LOL.  Our QB played well against you but he was not the only reason we beat Meigs.  A team beat you not one player.

Just now, Salem said:

Back to the play. Only thing definite from this view is the blocking back was leaning forward at the snap. Should have been a 5 yard pre-snap penalty. 

Camera angle is off just enough to make it inconclusive on whether the ball crossed the plane and you can't even see the ball carriers legs to determine if he was down.  The official on this side closest to the camera and the ball never gave any indication the ball was across. 

I'm hearing inconclusive video evidence, ruling on the field stands. The angle everyone wants the officials had.

8 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

Listen here BOY...I have not said a thing about his ability...just that his actions are not warranted because of his play on the field.  I do not respect Greenback...never will.  The orchestration this year and I am sure in years to come is what private schools do.  Evidently their administration is in the hip pocket of the TSSAA. 

To solve the transfer problem, they should sit out a whole year before playing...that would eliminate this stacking teams mess.

Just now, crow said:

I'm hearing inconclusive video evidence, ruling on the field stands. The angle everyone wants the officials had.

You couldn't overturn the call based on that view. You could criticize the one official who watched the play across the field standing at the far sideline next to the sideline marker making the call when the other 5 officials gave no signal. He may have had a better vantage point. It is a game of inches for a reason.