Dobyns-Bennett 2020- Team 100 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

I felt like it was a great time to go ahead and start the off-season thread for next year... 

proud of the guys for exceeding our expectations this year, but I am very excited to see where this program is headed. This years team was loaded with Juniors and great leadership. I hope a great offseason can take it up another level. 

fun fact: this years team is the 100th team in DB history! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Who's the rest of the state? Made it to the final 8. Maybe you meant to say for the final 8 to take them seriously. 

Major improvement over last year for sure. Glad the game was streamed because I couldn't attend over issues beyond my control. Everyone I know had a great time that went. The stadium rules are a little bit overboard especially the no umbrellas if it rained. Sounds more like a correctional center than a football stadium.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Major improvement over last year for sure. Glad the game was streamed because I couldn't attend over issues beyond my control. Everyone I know had a great time that went. The stadium rules are a little bit overboard especially the no umbrellas if it rained. Sounds more like a correctional center than a football stadium.

To be honest ,it is a pain if someone pops up an umbrella in front of you and blocks your view of the game.I had that happen in JC one year.I ask the lady if she wouldn't care to atleast hold it down a little bit and she apparently was from another country that didn't speak English.The second time I ask the man with her and he must have been an English professor,because the umbrella was taken down and never came back out.A lot was going on at DB this week and they really had to take every precaution for the fans and everyone at the stadium.

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Who's the rest of the state? Made it to the final 8. Maybe you meant to say for the final 8 to take them seriously. 

might be meaning that if you want to be taken seriously by anyone outside of east TN then you’re going to have to beat Maryville. Which is every blue moon that anyone does that not named Alcoa. 

Coaching !! To be able to catch Maryville , that's where it starts.This is the best staff from top to bottom that I've seen at DB and yes there were some great ones that are no longer with the team.Ive always complained about the strength program knowing there were coaches on the staff already that could have helped more in the past.I'd bet money today that Coaches Christian,Hayworth,Mullins,Fleming and Salyers wouldn't take the whole team out and punish them because it took their strongest player longer to load and unload his weights.That might have been the dumbest fort Patrick Henry dam thing I've ever heard of when it came to DB football and weight training in the past.Now adding two former Vols to help with the defensive backfield was a great move .I could see early the guys were coached well and trying to make plays those coaches use to but we're just a step or two slower sometimes and couldn't make up the ground if they made a bad read.Seen one of those coaches make one of the greatest plays at UT after getting burnt at the first of a play.For those that say coaching doesn't matter,look at the difference in Maryville and my Devils after the greatest coach in the history of each program left.Maryville reloaded and Greeneville dropped enough for a fine staff at Elizabethton to overtake the Devils ..Also fix the youth football programs as it has been talked about since I guess the beginning of football in Kingsport....

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Coaching !! To be able to catch Maryville , that's where it starts.This is the best staff from top to bottom that I've seen at DB and yes there were some great ones that are no longer with the team.Ive always complained about the strength program knowing there were coaches on the staff already that could have helped more in the past.I'd bet money today that Coaches Christian,Hayworth,Mullins,Fleming and Salyers wouldn't take the whole team out and punish them because it took their strongest player longer to load and unload his weights.That might have been the dumbest fort Patrick Henry dam thing I've ever heard of when it came to DB football and weight training in the past.Now adding two former Vols to help with the defensive backfield was a great move .I could see early the guys were coached well and trying to make plays those coaches use to but we're just a step or two slower sometimes and couldn't make up the ground if they made a bad read.Seen one of those coaches make one of the greatest plays at UT after getting burnt at the first of a play.For those that say coaching doesn't matter,look at the difference in Maryville and my Devils after the greatest coach in the history of each program left.Maryville reloaded and Greeneville dropped enough for a fine staff at Elizabethton to overtake the Devils ..Also fix the youth football programs as it has been talked about since I guess the beginning of football in Kingsport....

If you were listening to Coach Christian's remarks directly after the game Friday night you would be pleased. We, as citizens of Kingsport (overly taxed tax payers) and DB football fans need to keep a eye on the situation and make sure Coach Christian and staff get the tools they need to get the program to the next level. The Maryville level.