2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

This one matches up to be a good one. I’m kinda wondering though where all the “Peabody is best team in class 1A through 5A, and The East could put an all star team together and Peabody would beat them went”. Don’t get quiet now. You guys are the beast, we are just Meigs. 

However,  my thoughts on Friday’s game- Receivers and Passing game spot freaking on!!  Receivers caught everything and QB threw darts. #34 had bust out type game against big time competition. QB ran well, TC phenomenal in 1st half but then his punt return put us in business. Big #77 played game of his life. Defense 1st half lights out 2nd made some mistakes BUT big time play on 2 point conversion by #52 and several others.  Maybe most physical game I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Turu said:

This one matches up to be a good one. I’m kinda wondering though where all the “Peabody is best team in class 1A through 5A, and The East could put an all star team together and Peabody would beat them went”. Don’t get quiet now. You guys are the beast, we are just Meigs. 

However,  my thoughts on Friday’s game- Receivers and Passing game spot freaking on!!  Receivers caught everything and QB threw darts. #34 had bust out type game against big time competition. QB ran well, TC phenomenal in 1st half but then his punt return put us in business. Big #77 played game of his life. Defense 1st half lights out 2nd made some mistakes BUT big time play on 2 point conversion by #52 and several others.  Maybe most physical game I’ve ever seen. 

Considering how good Trousdales defense was, even our run game had a great game despite low yardage in stats. Our passing game was the difference in the game easy as far as moving the ball. For this game im pretty sure we will pass it more and earlier in the game if their defense Is as good as a state championship teams should be. I personally feel they will try and pass it on us alot which is good. Our secondary vs Greenback and that potent offense managed 2 interceptions and a 3rd that was ruled out of bounds. I strongly believe we will be the best team Peabody has faced this year. Not taking away from Fairley, I just think we're just a tad better. I look forward to going to this game, how you think our boys will manage on turf?

2 hours ago, Turu said:

Not sure who said that 1A thru 5A but that’s not realistic for any school in 2A.  I think you definitely made some valid points and Meigs is a very good football team.  After watching that TC/Meigs video, I tend to agree that Meigs will be the best team Peabody faces this year, which is why it’s the championship obviously.  Fairley was different, as far as athleticism they were clearly the most competitive. But as far as playing sound football Meigs looks better and I think Swafford kind of puts them over the top, he will be really hard to deal with not just do to his physical running ability but in that video he throws a great ball too.  No doubt Peabody has to bring their A game, playing too good of a team.  But why wouldn’t you think otherwise, it’s the state championship game!

3 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

Not sure who said that 1A thru 5A but that’s not realistic for any school in 2A.  I think you definitely made some valid points and Meigs is a very good football team.  After watching that TC/Meigs video, I tend to agree that Meigs will be the best team Peabody faces this year, which is why it’s the championship obviously.  Fairley was different, as far as athleticism they were clearly the most competitive. But as far as playing sound football Meigs looks better and I think Swafford kind of puts them over the top, he will be really hard to deal with not just do to his physical running ability but in that video he throws a great ball too.  No doubt Peabody has to bring their A game, playing too good of a team.  But why wouldn’t you think otherwise, it’s the state championship game!

Good post bud.

2 hours ago, Turu said:

That talk wasn’t from actual Peabody people. You guys have a great team and everyone knows it. We will have to play our best game. 

there isn’t a team in 2a that has the overall team speed of fairley. They played great defense.  With that being said speed isn’t everything and fairleys coaches and players made some fatal errors that allowed us to win the game. I expect meigs coaching to be  top notch 

how good is meigs kicking game ? 

54 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Considering how good Trousdales defense was, even our run game had a great game despite low yardage in stats. Our passing game was the difference in the game easy as far as moving the ball. For this game im pretty sure we will pass it more and earlier in the game if their defense Is as good as a state championship teams should be. I personally feel they will try and pass it on us alot which is good. Our secondary vs Greenback and that potent offense managed 2 interceptions and a 3rd that was ruled out of bounds. I strongly believe we will be the best team Peabody has faced this year. Not taking away from Fairley, I just think we're just a tad better. I look forward to going to this game, how you think our boys will manage on turf?

Have you guys not played on turf ? 

41 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

That talk wasn’t from actual Peabody people. You guys have a great team and everyone knows it. We will have to play our best game. 

there isn’t a team in 2a that has the overall team speed of fairley. They played great defense.  With that being said speed isn’t everything and fairleys coaches and players made some fatal errors that allowed us to win the game. I expect meigs coaching to be  top notch 

how good is meigs kicking game ? 

Swafford did the kicking at the games I went to. 

OK here we are its a sunny sunday in rural West Tn. The Tide is getting ready to play a team that is balanced fast and big on the line, the Tide will not and cannot come out flat as the last 2 weeks !!! Its different on the turf at Tha Ville for sure its fast but a very hard surface for sure !! I think this is a one score game and a pick em at that , I do believe if the Tide shows up like they are capable of they have the Tigers outmanned, but as most things thats a " what if" scenario . I wanna congratulate Meigs for their accomplishments so far ,but I wish you no luck Saturday !! I consider Yeti and others friends and Yeti and myself have had great conversations both public and private and hes a class act but after kickoff you are the enemy !! I would love to meet all Tiger nation before the game for sure ...  I excpect Tide Nation to show up strong ,we are one of the smallest 2A schools and meigs one of the largest so Tide Nation has to show up and show out for sure !!! 

4 hours ago, Turu said:

You’re foolish if you actually think anyone from Trenton has ever said they could run 1A thru 5A. Just keep believing the stuff you’ve heard. Peabody’s football team isn’t what a lot of you think it is. They’re a tough team that plays with a chip on their shoulders. They don’t expect anything to be given to them just cause they won it last year & haven’t lost a game all year. They know they’re talented team but you will soon see that they play relentlessly. 

12 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

OK here we are its a sunny sunday in rural West Tn. The Tide is getting ready to play a team that is balanced fast and big on the line, the Tide will not and cannot come out flat as the last 2 weeks !!! Its different on the turf at Tha Ville for sure its fast but a very hard surface for sure !! I think this is a one score game and a pick em at that , I do believe if the Tide shows up like they are capable of they have the Tigers outmanned, but as most things thats a " what if" scenario . I wanna congratulate Meigs for their accomplishments so far ,but I wish you no luck Saturday !! I consider Yeti and others friends and Yeti and myself have had great conversations both public and private and hes a class act but after kickoff you are the enemy !! I would love to meet all Tiger nation before the game for sure ...  I excpect Tide Nation to show up strong ,we are one of the smallest 2A schools and meigs one of the largest so Tide Nation has to show up and show out for sure !!! 

Dont worry, Meigs will show out for you. We are also gonna bring some rowdy fans I'm sure.