SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

38 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Lol yeah, I'm still waiting to hear back from Biden tell me what race I'm gonna be next year if he was to win.

He got back with me and asked what he was running for though. Didnt know how to reply so I just left it at that. 

LOL

34 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

It will all be over soon. 

And on Nov 4th, the virus just vanishes too...Can't wait 

25 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

What virus?? Its a hoax

The hoax is making it out to be any worse than the seasonal flu or other past viruses....That kills more in it's season, every year, than this virus has killed in 6 months but yet doesn't shut down a whole country. 

I have no doubt the virus exists but think we should follow the countries with very low death rates as an example to continue with life as usual. No shutdowns, no quarantines, no masks, open markets, open schools, etc.  Heck, lets follow our own example of the last few decades and move forward and thru whatever's going on. We would be speaking German today had America had the same attitude many here has today. 

Edited by uknoit2

24 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

The hoax is making it out to be any worse than the seasonal flu or other past viruses....That kills more in it's season, every year, than this virus has killed in 6 months but yet doesn't shut down a whole country. 

I have no doubt the virus exists but think we should follow the countries with very low death rates as an example to continue with life as usual. No shutdowns, no quarantines, no masks, open markets, open schools, etc.  Heck, lets follow our own example of the last few decades and move forward and thru whatever's going on. We would be speaking German today had America had the same attitude many here has today. 

My problem with this is ,how on Gods earth did we allow this get out of control all over the world before we or any of them knew we had a problem.Waited until the mountain was on fire and tried to put it out with a bucket of water.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pujo said:

My problem with this is ,how on Gods earth did we allow this get out of control all over the world before we or any of them knew we had a problem.Waited until the mountain was on fire and tried to put it out with a bucket of water.

A more accurate analogy is a bonfire on a mountaintop and your only view comes from the media taking zoomed in pictures and telling you the entire mountain is on fire.  Just like they have been caught many times doing during hurricane coverage. 

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

The Prez stopped most travel to and from China long before it was a problem here. Remember how he was mocked for that? And how Pelosi went to Chinatown in San Francisco and claimed there was no concern?

She said, "That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."   

We're never reminded of those words! And heck, I had no problem with that (to go and do as you usually would). The problem is I believe there were those with the desire for this virus to spread as quickly as possible so they could make an issue of it, put their party supporting Dr in charge of it, shut down the economy, put people out of work all while looking for any issue to cause protests, riots and anarchy....all this is just a bit too much for me to swallow as unscripted or coincidence. See an election is coming soon and they want rid of an administration that's building a legal case of treason against many of them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

A more accurate analogy is a bonfire on a mountaintop and your only view comes from the media taking zoomed in pictures and telling you the entire mountain is on fire.  Just like they have been caught many times doing during hurricane coverage. 

That was good!

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

Then why the need for Warp speed, sounds like this bunch thinks a vaccine is HIGHLY important, its hard to have it both ways.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Then why the need for Warp speed, sounds like this bunch thinks a vaccine is HIGHLY important, its hard to have it both ways.

Why the need for extra ventilators? Why the need for hundreds of thousands of tests every day on asymptomatic people?  Why the need for two giant Navy ships equipped as overflow hospitals? Why the need for convention centers and outdoor tents equipped as field hospitals? Because the media, the lifelong government doctors, the liberal governors, and the easily manipulated public scream for it.

4 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

The Prez stopped most travel to and from China long before it was a problem here. Remember how he was mocked for that? And how Pelosi went to Chinatown in San Francisco and claimed there was no concern?

She said, "That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."   

We're never reminded of those words! And heck, I had no problem with that (to go and do as you usually would). The problem is I believe there were those with the desire for this virus to spread as quickly as possible so they could make an issue of it, put their party supporting Dr in charge of it, shut down the economy, put people out of work all while looking for any issue to cause protests, riots and anarchy....all this is just a bit too much for me to swallow as unscripted or coincidence. See an election is coming soon and they want rid of an administration that's building a legal case of treason against many of them.

Don't much matter that we shut down travel ,were # 1 in the world in cases.