SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

16 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Welp, just went over a few of the rules for upcoming practices...Only 9 players and one coach at a time; have to interchange footballs after every catch-n-throw; absolutely no contact until told; only allowed 50% of weight on bench & squat so a spotter isn't needed; blah blah blah.

10 kids get together in a city park or on a field to throw and run and someone with no life calls authorities and adminstrations and the powers bow of course.

I say shut it down country wide!! HS, college, pros. If they're not gonna allow these kids to be in shape to play such a physical sport, they don't need to be out there!  And getting rid of football is EXACTLY what these effeminate politicians have been wanting to do for years! Now they have their shot and not gonna think twice since they just learned they can wag their finger and Americans will go running and hide in their homes. SMH.

BUT! I think I'm tired of being treated like I'm in China or under someone liberal's thumb. And yes I said liberals because they're the  very ones pushing for this "control of the people"...to control our personal and religious lives. Trump has tried to open this up for weeks and keeps getting undue pressure from the demons that have now impacted our lives greatly. I go to Lowe's, Walmart, Ingles and they STAY packed! Why in the world is there an issue with church and living a normal life?  A lot of you know how to contact me; I reckon about all of us still pay taxes and have a say, no matter if they think we do or not! We need to begin NOW to make noise that will be heard in govt, our schools and the TSSAA...and demand our freedoms and the freedoms of our kids. This is beyond ridiculous.  

Our local stores are only allowed to be at 20% capacity.   And I'd say that most never reach that total.  At least I haven't seen or heard of anyone being turned away.

Some churches have gotten creative.  Online worship services, among other things.   We even had Mother's Day church services at the local drive in movie theater.  

I hope you have been wearing a mask when you visit your local stores and shoppes.  

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

Can't agree more. Let me ask this...What if the kids are separated out and they rotate around somewhat? What if there is a group of 9 and a coach on each side of the 50, a group in the weight room, another group on the practice field, a group on the soccer field, a group on the baseball field and a group on the softball field? I don't see that as breaking the rules.

Sounds good to me.  We all need to be a bit more creative.  There will be some hoops to jump through this time around.  If we care about these kids and the sports they play let's be considerate and try to do whatever is necessary even though some will seem outlandish coming out of the gates.

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Our local stores are only allowed to be at 20% capacity.   And I'd say that most never reach that total.  At least I haven't seen or heard of anyone being turned away.

Some churches have gotten creative.  Online worship services, among other things.   We even had Mother's Day church services at the local drive in movie theater.  

I hope you have been wearing a mask when you visit your local stores and shoppes.  

There are 100's in every Lowe's, Walmart, grocery store at any given time. 

4 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

Can't agree more. Let me ask this...What if the kids are separated out and they rotate around somewhat? What if there is a group of 9 and a coach on each side of the 50, a group in the weight room, another group on the practice field, a group on the soccer field, a group on the baseball field and a group on the softball field? I don't see that as breaking the rules.

Not allowed.

Kids can't enter weight rooms nor locker rooms...they must come dressed. 

Rules state that the group of 9 kids must stay with the same, one coach! Now, ain't that a load of bull? So the O or D coaches can't rotate to teach techniques to all kids, only their 9... SMH

AND the head coach has to take the temperature of all kids on arrival and chart it. I mean, dang! They won't get any coaching done! They there to coach or nurse? 

We need to wake up and see that the severity of this, in the majority of the country and world, isn't what they've played it up to be....Not even close 

A few businesses in West Tn. monitor admission inside their stores, and most do not. A quick scan of the parking area for Lowes, Home Depot, Wal Mart, and all the grocery stores will quickly affirm that these lockdown mandates aren't keeping people from contact, but condensing them into smaller areas. Personally, I don't shop nearly as regularly as often, I assess each situation, and I am guarded and respectful about people's personal space. I sometimes choose to wear a mask, but sometimes not. The main thing about what I choose to do or not to do, is that it's my choice... I am a firm believer that in order to keep my civil liberties, I mustn't give them up voluntarily, even for a short time. The far left of our society has been looking for a toehold for years in order to control the population "for our own good", and are desperately trying to seize this opportunity to condition the masses that blindly following government orders is acceptable. I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but it does my heart good to read that others see this situation the same as myself.

Sounds good to me.  We all need to be a bit more creative.  There will be some hoops to jump through this time around.  If we care about these kids and the sports they play let's be considerate and try to do whatever is necessary even though some will seem outlandish coming out of the gates.

These restrictions are gonna cause multiple, serious injuries. Close it down country wide open treat us like Americans and get out of the way!

36 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

A few businesses in West Tn. monitor admission inside their stores, and most do not. A quick scan of the parking area for Lowes, Home Depot, Wal Mart, and all the grocery stores will quickly affirm that these lockdown mandates aren't keeping people from contact, but condensing them into smaller areas. Personally, I don't shop nearly as regularly as often, I assess each situation, and I am guarded and respectful about people's personal space. I sometimes choose to wear a mask, but sometimes not. The main thing about what I choose to do or not to do, is that it's my choice... I am a firm believer that in order to keep my civil liberties, I mustn't give them up voluntarily, even for a short time. The far left of our society has been looking for a toehold for years in order to control the population "for our own good", and are desperately trying to seize this opportunity to condition the masses that blindly following government orders is acceptable. I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but it does my heart good to read that others see this situation the same as myself.

Well you speak for me!I just go on as I have for years.I do not wear a mask except for my Dr appointments because they require it.The mask keeps me from spreading it to others does not keep me from getting it from you.The silly gloves are proven WORSE for the situation than just WASHING your freakin hands.It is out of hand.UK2 and I are on the same page also.WE CANT KEEP GOING LIKE THIS.We are fastly losing our freedoms.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

These restrictions are gonna cause multiple, serious injuries. Close it down country wide open treat us like Americans and get out of the way!

There is no telling how many got Covid didn’t even know they had and were fine. It’s all about money right now when they are falsely saying deaths are Covid when they aren’t. Till there is a vaccine we are suppose to live in fear according to most media outlets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Appvol said:

There is no telling how many got Covid didn’t even know they had and were fine. It’s all about money right now when they are falsely saying deaths are Covid when they aren’t. Till there is a vaccine we are suppose to live in fear according to most media outlets.

This is what they want!I cant believe how many are getting sucked in.

I saw a neighbor and his wife in Food City in Vonore,my wife and me were just coming back from the North Ga Mtns on the bike and stopped in to pick up a few things.He and his wife were both covered head to toe and said "We have a no resuscitate clause in our Will,if we get this we are done".I just smiled and shook my head.We have folks scared to death!

Edited by orngnblk

52 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Well you speak for me!I just go on as I have for years.I do not wear a mask except for my Dr appointments because they require it.The mask keeps me from spreading it to others does not keep me from getting it from you.The silly gloves are proven WORSE for the situation than just WASHING your freakin hands.It is out of hand.UK2 and I are on the same page also.WE CANT KEEP GOING LIKE THIS.We are fastly losing our freedoms.

The simplest colds and viruses are gonna kill more due to a lack of resistance because of staying in and wearing masks....Heck people getting fungal infections from wearing masks all the time! And NO I don't wear a mask either.

Coby was just telling me that he's seeing people wearing masks with lil holes cut in the mouth and nose so they can breathe easier! Can you now see how screwed up this situation is?

52 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I would about bet every dollar I have that I (and many many others I know) had this virus in December. Sick as a dog let me tell you!!  A lot of us went to Dr and didn't have flu or strep....It was call an upper respiratory infection. Sound familiar??

Now we're hearing this virus was here a year ago! And yes it's about money and I TRULY believe the money is in the vaccine! Spread the virus, provide the vaccine and make a billion! Don't believe me? Just ask Dr Falsy and vaccine champion Bill Gates! They have more than one vaccine patent here and Europe. Follow the money

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

This is what they want!I cant believe how many are getting sucked in.

I saw a neighbor and his wife in Food City in Vonore,my wife and me were just coming back from the North Ga Mtns on the bike and stopped in to pick up a few things.He and his wife were both covered head to toe and said "We have a no resuscitate clause in our Will,if we get this we are done".I just smiled and shook my head.We have folks scared to death!

I was in Walmart, first time in over a year...I laid my merchandise on the counter and the clerk said, "step back, I need space" and he waved me back with his hand as he slurped in his mask.

I dang near lost it! Within a second, I had repeated to myself 50 times, "you're a Christian, you're a Christian, you're a Christian"!!

I stepped back a good ways from the counter. The clerk said $32.50 and so with bent arm I held out two $20 bills....I said, " I aint coming any closer, if you want it, you'll have to come get it! So, he climbed up, on and over the counter to get the cash! I just shook my head at the ignorance of it all.

Someone told me the man may have been scared to get the virus. I made two things crystal clear.  1. I support his right to stay home if he has health concerns or family with health complications. 2. Someone worried about getting sick should NOT WORK AT WALMART 

6 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Not allowed.

Kids can't enter weight rooms nor locker rooms...they must come dressed. 

Rules state that the group of 9 kids must stay with the same, one coach! Now, ain't that a load of bull? So the O or D coaches can't rotate to teach techniques to all kids, only their 9... SMH

AND the head coach has to take the temperature of all kids on arrival and chart it. I mean, dang! They won't get any coaching done! They there to coach or nurse? 

We need to wake up and see that the severity of this, in the majority of the country and world, isn't what they've played it up to be....Not even close 

Who came up with the rules? I agree with your other post. There will be a ton of injuries. I know some schools sent a workout program with the kids when all of this started, but these are teenagers. The ones that have hopes of playing at the next level will do it, but the others, they are sitting around playing video games, getting high or staying drunk. I hope things can change soon, for the sake of the kids, the coaches, and us the fans.