SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Booyah!Dang good stuff today!

+1 Some really good posts! On another note I want to share a convo I had with another Mom who has a son playing HS football. She was concerned about the kids going back to school and then proceeded to say “On top of that I can’t imagine feeling comfortable with him playing football!” Knowing this Mom well I had to respond with the fact she was so worried about him catching a virus from the very same people he’s been swimming & bridge jumping with since the weather warmed up and sitting in Sunday School with. I also reminded her “You do realize you have never had an issue with him putting on a football helmet & knocking heads knowing that there is a risk of significant injury and very slight risk of taking or giving a fatal blow, but you are concerned of him possibly catching a virus that in all likelihood might not even make him ill or might sideline him a few days or couple of weeks.” Maybe I’m viewing this wrong but my family is doing it’s normal thing, no masks because we are healthy and yes I care about others but if we were all honest we’d have to admit we’ve been sick before and not isolated ourselves thus potentially spreading illness to susceptible others who are elderly & immunocompromised. Honestly myself, I’ve went to my kids’ ballgames under the weather, with fever, but tried to social distance because I wasn’t going to miss that game. My sons have played ballgames when they had fevers & one was puking his guts out in the locker room. Call us stupid or whatever but I’m sure yours have done the same. Folks there are risks in life at every turn and this whole farce of an alternate universe I feel we are living in right now is all based on politics, greed & power! The buck stops there. Come November this might just go poof & we’ll wake up from the nightmare. Depends on who wins the election. As crazy a Trump win seemed to people 4 years ago, even crazier would be a Biden win. That man has some serious issues & Im not saying that in a joking or ugly manner. This world’s gone mad. My youngest said the other day we should be looking for God to wrap this up soon & take us out of this wicked world. People walking around in fear, murmuring & complaining like in Moses’s day, no faith. My disgust for government has hit an all time high. When they start ordering the doors to God’s house to be closed...well Houston we have a problem. My trust & respect for the W.H.O. & the CDC is tarnished. Also, why is it wrong for Martha Stewart to do what she did and okay for Dr. Fauci to do what he’s doing? That guy has HUGE conflicts of interest. I’m still waiting for Trump to drain the swamp. Too hard for one man to do, he’s gonna need help. For the record that swamp covers both aisles, it just seems a lot murkier on the left lol! 

1 hour ago, ladykee said:

+1 Some really good posts! On another note I want to share a convo I had with another Mom who has a son playing HS football. She was concerned about the kids going back to school and then proceeded to say “On top of that I can’t imagine feeling comfortable with him playing football!” Knowing this Mom well I had to respond with the fact she was so worried about him catching a virus from the very same people he’s been swimming & bridge jumping with since the weather warmed up and sitting in Sunday School with. I also reminded her “You do realize you have never had an issue with him putting on a football helmet & knocking heads knowing that there is a risk of significant injury and very slight risk of taking or giving a fatal blow, but you are concerned of him possibly catching a virus that in all likelihood might not even make him ill or might sideline him a few days or couple of weeks.” Maybe I’m viewing this wrong but my family is doing it’s normal thing, no masks because we are healthy and yes I care about others but if we were all honest we’d have to admit we’ve been sick before and not isolated ourselves thus potentially spreading illness to susceptible others who are elderly & immunocompromised. Honestly myself, I’ve went to my kids’ ballgames under the weather, with fever, but tried to social distance because I wasn’t going to miss that game. My sons have played ballgames when they had fevers & one was puking his guts out in the locker room. Call us stupid or whatever but I’m sure yours have done the same. Folks there are risks in life at every turn and this whole farce of an alternate universe I feel we are living in right now is all based on politics, greed & power! The buck stops there. Come November this might just go poof & we’ll wake up from the nightmare. Depends on who wins the election. As crazy a Trump win seemed to people 4 years ago, even crazier would be a Biden win. That man has some serious issues & Im not saying that in a joking or ugly manner. This world’s gone mad. My youngest said the other day we should be looking for God to wrap this up soon & take us out of this wicked world. People walking around in fear, murmuring & complaining like in Moses’s day, no faith. My disgust for government has hit an all time high. When they start ordering the doors to God’s house to be closed...well Houston we have a problem. My trust & respect for the W.H.O. & the CDC is tarnished. Also, why is it wrong for Martha Stewart to do what she did and okay for Dr. Fauci to do what he’s doing? That guy has HUGE conflicts of interest. I’m still waiting for Trump to drain the swamp. Too hard for one man to do, he’s gonna need help. For the record that swamp covers both aisles, it just seems a lot murkier on the left lol! 

I'm still waiting on that Great affordable insurance for everyone,all the factories coming back, that big beautiful wall Mexico was gonna pay for and Hillary in the slammer. I've always heard,the fish rots from the head. Don't get me wrong,the other pack would be just as bad,they are all one team. Its professional wrestling at its finest, I outgrew that when I was fairly young. I'm sure the best is yet to come. 

1 hour ago, pujo said:

I'm still waiting on that Great affordable insurance for everyone,all the factories coming back, that big beautiful wall Mexico was gonna pay for and Hillary in the slammer. I've always heard,the fish rots from the head. Don't get me wrong,the other pack would be just as bad,they are all one team. Its professional wrestling at its finest, I outgrew that when I was fairly young. I'm sure the best is yet to come. 

Oh there’s a chess match going on for sure! The rest of 2020 should be quite interesting. There’s some keep your enemies close & not showing your hand going on. At the end of the day I don’t care whether a (D) or an (R) comes after their name. If they are part of the problem I want them gone. If they are guilty of doing what I believe they have done I want them locked away even if they are no longer in office or holding a position. There’s a reason the Dems are pulling out all the stops and throwing everything at Trump to see if they can get something to stick. I’m questioning Trump’s reaction here the last few weeks because I am shocked he didn’t fire Dr. Fauci, not saying he should have, just shocked the “Terminator” didn’t pull a trigger. Something is going on. We don’t know the half of it. He’s dodged every battle and this close to election with everything going on I believe he is balancing what he would like to do and what he feels he needs to do to win an election. I’m sure his advisors as well as the whole party are chiming in. I honestly didn’t think he had this level of restraint. I’m not sure he had the time in this term to address the things you mentioned you are waiting on. I’m waiting for the same things you mentioned as well. Hopefully he’ll get a 2nd term and everything changes and we have a GOP sweep. If not, I’m not sure I will even recognize my country before too long.

6 hours ago, pujo said:

4 hours ago, ladykee said:

Oh there’s a chess match going on for sure! The rest of 2020 should be quite interesting. There’s some keep your enemies close & not showing your hand going on. At the end of the day I don’t care whether a (D) or an (R) comes after their name. If they are part of the problem I want them gone. If they are guilty of doing what I believe they have done I want them locked away even if they are no longer in office or holding a position. There’s a reason the Dems are pulling out all the stops and throwing everything at Trump to see if they can get something to stick. I’m questioning Trump’s reaction here the last few weeks because I am shocked he didn’t fire Dr. Fauci, not saying he should have, just shocked the “Terminator” didn’t pull a trigger. Something is going on. We don’t know the half of it. He’s dodged every battle and this close to election with everything going on I believe he is balancing what he would like to do and what he feels he needs to do to win an election. I’m sure his advisors as well as the whole party are chiming in. I honestly didn’t think he had this level of restraint. I’m not sure he had the time in this term to address the things you mentioned you are waiting on. I’m waiting for the same things you mentioned as well. Hopefully he’ll get a 2nd term and everything changes and we have a GOP sweep. If not, I’m not sure I will even recognize my country before too long.

Two things I'm sure of.....1) Trump is not the messiah and 2) He's not a politician as we think of politicians...they've (both sides) been out do destroy him since before he was sworn in....They may have slowed some things, but they ain't stopped him yet

4 hours ago, ladykee said:

I've been in the commercial construction business for a long time and those 8 years under Obama were terrible. Along with all his strangling regulations and his sell out to China and Iran was his backdoor, midnight Obamacare sham that didn't achieve a thing but drive insurance prices UP! Insurance was better and cheaper before his lil deal....I know, I pay mine and 25 other's.

What has gone on for the last 3-1/2 years has been amazing with the resistance he has faced....Economy booming, welfare down, payrolls up, DOJ investigating ramps up to include some big time politicians, impeachment sham fails, then comes the "virus"....I can see 

59 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I've been in the commercial construction business for a long time and those 8 years under Obama were terrible. Along with all his strangling regulations and his sell out to China and Iran was his backdoor, midnight Obamacare sham that didn't achieve a thing but drive insurance prices UP! Insurance was better and cheaper before his lil deal....I know, I pay mine and 25 other's.

What has gone on for the last 3-1/2 years has been amazing with the resistance he has faced....Economy booming, welfare down, payrolls up, DOJ investigating ramps up to include some big time politicians, impeachment sham fails, then comes the "virus"....I can see 

Would have LOVED to see what our economy would have been without the "virus" things were really hopping!I had gotten more bonuses the last 3 years than the last 10 together!I swear it feels like they had this thing stuck in a bottle somewhere waiting to use it after the impeachment plans fell thru.:thumb:

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

Two things I'm sure of.....1) Trump is not the messiah and 2) He's not a politician as we think of politicians...they've (both sides) been out do destroy him since before he was sworn in....They may have slowed some things, but they ain't stopped him yet

Reminds me exactly like a politician,goes to them rallies and makes all the promises and don't do any of it. The 4 things I mentioned is exactly what he ran on, he,s batting 0 for 4. Then again,it would be the same with the other bunch. Just gotta choose which liar you like the best. As far as this CHOSEN one thing,you're sure right about that. I'm afraid lots would disagree.

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Would have LOVED to see what our economy would have been without the "virus" things were really hopping!I had gotten more bonuses the last 3 years than the last 10 together!I swear it feels like they had this thing stuck in a bottle somewhere waiting to use it after the impeachment plans fell thru.:thumb:

The hand is quicker than the eye. Same page book as Obama used to get the economy going,only difference is,Trump did is while the economy was doing  ok.  If you hand out enough money ,its gonna stimulate the economy ,but its like borrowing from peter to pay paul. Works for a while.

33 minutes ago, pujo said:

The hand is quicker than the eye. Same page book as Obama used to get the economy going,only difference is,Trump did is while the economy was doing  ok.  If you hand out enough money ,its gonna stimulate the economy ,but its like borrowing from peter to pay paul. Works for a while.

Obama didnt benifit my company one bit actually didnt do no where near as well.Im not ok with all the stimulus money,has to be paid back by someone.Dems are wanting to give more away need to reel that in and let people go back to work.Should have never shut it down.I dont care what anyone says Trump with all his goofy stuff has been GREAT for the Americans and I pray he gets 4 more!

55 minutes ago, pujo said:

Reminds me exactly like a politician,goes to them rallies and makes all the promises and don't do any of it. The 4 things I mentioned is exactly what he ran on, he,s batting 0 for 4. Then again,it would be the same with the other bunch. Just gotta choose which liar you like the best. As far as this CHOSEN one thing,you're sure right about that. I'm afraid lots would disagree.

Those four things he has done his best to get done BUT they wont give him an inch!YES "Them"!

51 minutes ago, pujo said:

A lot of what he's promised to do, he has, where he's had the power to do them by pen....On the other items that have not come to be, look toward the house! They have stopped everything they possibly can, no matter how good it would be for the people of this country....Too many up there are "me first" not country first 

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Obama didnt benifit my company one bit actually didnt do no where near as well.Im not ok with all the stimulus money,has to be paid back by someone.Dems are wanting to give more away need to reel that in and let people go back to work.Should have never shut it down.I dont care what anyone says Trump with all his goofy stuff has been GREAT for the Americans and I pray he gets 4 more!

Yea, I agree....Obama did nothing for the American business man...Illegally went after coal and all other great business of this country. I'm in it and live it daily. Only people he helped were those that wanted everything handed to them.

I hate what's happened to this economy, but it was intentional IMO....All the money that's gone out, people and businesses needed but what a waste for it to have had to happen....BUT this stimulus money probably doesn't surpass, by much, what we were spending in one year on welfare, planned parenthood (and other Godless organizations), and supporting of enemy nations all over the world under the last administration.

Another thing I'm dead certain of is the Lord knows and it's all rolling just like he allows it to.