Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

22 hours ago, powerp said:

Notice what I said. I was trying to get Roy to come out of hiding. Seriously though, I think this team will be a lot better than last year. We've always had some good backs. We've had some decent qbs through the years. The difference this year is having three stud receivers to go along with it. Matchup nightmare. 

If these skillets can sling half as good as they can scoot, they will indeed be a matchup nightmare.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:04 AM, OLD PIRATE said:

PP, Old Pirate is jest curious. Who does you rate as 3 stud receivers? You got OP scratching the skillet head. 

The problem with many kids today is they think they should catch the ball and run 80 yards for a TD every time.  All we need are a couple receivers that know how to get open and catch the ball, even if just 5-10 yards.  As always we end up in a 3rd and 15 or 20 situation, so we need to teach our receivers to not just run the called route, but know where to run to or sit to be open.  All we ever seem to know how to do is run the called route, and if it fails we either lose yardage or do a Dillard.   

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

The problem with many kids today is they think they should catch the ball and run 80 yards for a TD every time.  All we need are a couple receivers that know how to get open and catch the ball, even if just 5-10 yards.  As always we end up in a 3rd and 15 or 20 situation, so we need to teach our receivers to not just run the called route, but know where to run to or sit to be open.  All we ever seem to know how to do is run the called route, and if it fails we either lose yardage or do a Dillard.   

Don't forget we have a qb who is smart and he can also tuck it and run. You said as always, personally after watching every game last year I don't remember but a few 3rd and 15