Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

I wish the young man success. Very good player and will help NJ, but playing for a potential 5-5 team now does not make sense and no state championship in sight for sure.  All I can say is next man up and we have two studs that can do that. Plus maybe get 4-5 more walking the hall's that haven't played a few year's and know telling what can happen.  It will hurt us with him being gone, but not to the point we can't feel the spot rather easily. 

Dad Burnit, Old Pirate jest heard bout this the skillet slingers visit to the TNTBSUS. What in tarnation is this youngon & family thinking? Hopefully the family got well compensated. Difficult to see any reasonable justification fer a dumb move like this. Them twins move was fer betterment, unlike this move to play fer a surely at best 5-5 team. God Bless the master mind behind this mess! 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

4 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

Whats the story? Is he originally from there? From a outsider perspective this makes no sense.  Who leaves a potential state title contender for a below average team?  Somebody must have got their feelings hurt.  Whats the scoop Pirate faithful?

He’s from South Pittsburg. Lives in the middle of town and has been here his entire life. Both siblings, both parents, first cousins all played here. At the end of the day you have to do what makes you happy. I wish nothing but the best to him. Good luck!

8 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

I garuntee I talked to this man today at save a lot and he said that Tygard man was recruiting our boys.  Grider needs to turn this mess into that Childress man.  This is a bunch of mess. You think im joking but im not. 

Don’t worry about it Roy. Y’all will just recruit some more. 

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Dad Burnit, Old Pirate jest heard bout this the skillet slingers visit to the TNTBSUS. What in tarnation is this youngon & family thinking? Hopefully the family got well compensated. Difficult to see any reasonable justification fer a dumb move like this. Them twins move was fer betterment, unlike this move to play fer a surely at best 5-5 team. God Bless the master mind behind this mess! 

Spring must have come early.....

48 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

He’s from South Pittsburg. Lives in the middle of town and has been here his entire life. Both siblings, both parents, first cousins all played here. At the end of the day you have to do what makes you happy. I wish nothing but the best to him. Good luck!

I hope it doesn't end up like a Cody Walker situation or a couple of others that swooped down to NJ. He would be better off going on down to Fyffe or up to North Sand Mtn or Collinsville if he wants to have a shot at a playoff team.

He only played defense and special teams, not on offense.  Coach Peek (our DC) left in January for HC job in GA which made sense, and now one of our best defensive players leaves to go south.  Coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not.  Either way, the kid deserves the best opportunity wherever he goes for schooling or for athletics.  If it means going to NJ then good luck.  I’m not sure the education is better down there, but it is a bigger school so maybe more opportunity.  

32 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

He only played defense and special teams, not on offense.  Coach Peek (our DC) left in January for HC job in GA which made sense, and now one of our best defensive players leaves to go south.  Coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not.  Either way, the kid deserves the best opportunity wherever he goes for schooling or for athletics.  If it means going to NJ then good luck.  I’m not sure the education is better down there, but it is a bigger school so maybe more opportunity.  

LRDAO... Chief Mike what kind of mess is this? That Tygard man only won two games.  What kind of opportunity is there for one year since this Beene boy is a senior next year, help get the team to 5-5? Are you joking? I garuntee you I aint joking either.