Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

20 minutes ago, FormerMCHSWarrior said:

Tracy Malone was the head coach at whitwell and was NOT employed by Marion County Board of Education. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. 

I shouldn’t have indicated that it couldn’t be done only that it would be difficult. You can juggle teaching positions around if other teachers are willing to shift and are certified to do so as well but you can’t just place people in classrooms teaching subjects that can’t teach. Also depends on when that particular coach is available to meet and prepare for games and practices. 

Malone also lasted just one year.  AFTER they hired him they found out he didn’t have his license.  It was also getting closer to spring practice time so rather than Whitwell go through a coaching search again he stayed for 1 year.  

Whitwell’s way of doing things isn’t the best example to use when discussing structure within a football program. 

Edited by TonyHorton91281
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

black-and-orange-big-rig.jpg

I have been told the pirate ship and cannon will be replaced with this next season. The truck will be used to haul equipment for away games and sit in the end zone for home games. The administration has said the pirates seem to only be able to blow the "SEMI" horn every year now so they're going to this.

I guess Jasper has to be able to get some type of dig in at us these days. Well played my friend. 

My Turn...

I feel confident you boys can get a first down before the fourth quarter on us in 2020. You do have one thing going for you. The game in 2020 is at Beene Stadium. The last two trips to Jasper has resulted in the warriors being put in the half a hundred club. 

Edited by SPHS09

14 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

I guess Jasper has to be able to get some type of dig in at us these days. Well played my friend. 

My Turn...

I feel confident you boys can get a first down before the fourth quarter on us in 2020. You do have one thing going for you. The game in 2020 is at Beene Stadium. The last two trips to Jasper has resulted in the warriors being put in the half a hundred club. 

Gotta get it where you can these days. 

Should be better this year. Too many young kids the past couple years has really shown. Different mentality with Coach Pruitt as well. 

52 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

black-and-orange-big-rig.jpg

I have been told the pirate ship and cannon will be replaced with this next season. The truck will be used to haul equipment for away games and sit in the end zone for home games. The administration has said the pirates seem to only be able to blow the "SEMI" horn every year now so they're going to this.

That train whistle has been awfully quiet.

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Headhunter42 said:

Whats the story? Is he originally from there? From a outsider perspective this makes no sense.  Who leaves a potential state title contender for a below average team?  Somebody must have got their feelings hurt.  Whats the scoop Pirate faithful?

Seems like some play makers leaving were eluded to last season.